Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 01:08 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,738,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
a lot of responders here will think it's mountain dust or rain falling only on the camera lens
Yeah, because dust or moisture in the air is much less believable than spirits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2012, 01:21 PM

13 posts, read 15,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
a lot of responders here will think it's mountain dust or rain falling only on the camera lens
Its ok my sons say the same thing. LOL I feel differently and thats really what matters... what I think ! LOL

Old 05-17-2012, 01:40 PM

8,629 posts, read 9,134,034 times
I never believed in ghost, still don't, but not so sure. A couple of years ago, a very close relative died a couple of states away. My brother, sister and I visited the home where the relation passed, made arrangements and left for our homes 2 days later, all in different states. After arriving home I kept getting the feeling someone else was in the room with me. I recall seeing something move out of the corner of my eye. The next morning, at home, I went to my wreck room for a cup of coffee around 5:30 am in the morning in January, the only light in the one window room was the TV. In a dark corner of the room, same side as the TV, about 10' feet away, a light was shining up the corner of the wall from the floor. I noticed the dim light, turned to watch the news and got to thinking, why is there a light shining up the wall? I stood up to see where the source of the light was coming from. As I stood the light faded away never to be seen again. No light, even during the summer reaches that corner of the basement.

I got to really thinking about it and came to the conclusion that something was indeed strange. I called my older brother and asked him if he had seen felt anything strange in which he hadn't. I told him what I saw. I then called my sister immediately and asked her the same thing. She said yes. On her way back home she saw a bright ball of light in the back of her SUV. 1 month later my sister went back to the relations home and when she left, she saw the same ball of light as she was leaving for home, but never again. The sister is very credible.

Old 05-30-2012, 02:49 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
In our wedding pictures there are orbs. They are only in the pictures that were taken of my wife and I and the wedding party at the Church after the ceremony. There were no orbs in the reception pictures. Not sure what to think? They could be spirits, or guardian angels watching over us, but I'm not sure? Or it could just be some sort of flaw with the lighting conditions when the picture was taken. Or something on the lens. Who knows? Nevertheless, I've always had a fascination with the paranormal, and supernatural, and do believe that there are spirits, or "ghosts" as some call them walking among us.

I've seen enough in my life to know that there is more out there that we do not understand, nor can science explain.

Old 06-01-2012, 11:56 AM

24,112 posts, read 32,460,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Well -- All I know is one day I shook out some towels in the living room during the late after noon with the sun coming through the stained glass like windows and took pics right away and got some great orb shots. Showed them to people who claimed to be in the know and they were fooled.

And they weren't happy when I told them I KNOW it was dust. Because I am an AWFUL housekeeper.

Which doesn't make me look good either! LOL

LOL!!! Makes you my kind of women in my book!

That can and does happen. And it does. Sometimes dust can look that way.

The picture I took was in a not so dusty attic. In some pictures, there are no orbs. In others, later on; when no one has cleaned in the interim; there are many clear orbs.

Old 06-01-2012, 11:58 AM

24,112 posts, read 32,460,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
In our wedding pictures there are orbs. They are only in the pictures that were taken of my wife and I and the wedding party at the Church after the ceremony. There were no orbs in the reception pictures. Not sure what to think? They could be spirits, or guardian angels watching over us, but I'm not sure? Or it could just be some sort of flaw with the lighting conditions when the picture was taken. Or something on the lens. Who knows? Nevertheless, I've always had a fascination with the paranormal, and supernatural, and do believe that there are spirits, or "ghosts" as some call them walking among us.

I've seen enough in my life to know that there is more out there that we do not understand, nor can science explain.
I think it was the spirits of departed ancestors who came to give their blessing and join in the festivities.

Old 06-01-2012, 12:17 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I think it was the spirits of departed ancestors who came to give their blessing and join in the festivities.

Again, I'm not sure that is the case, but I definitely don't rule that out as a possibility.

Old 06-01-2012, 06:35 PM

535 posts, read 1,295,314 times
I've always been intriqued about the spirit world and have done a lot of research and study on it through the years. I have always been skeptical of the orbs within digital photography. They can be so easily explained away as dust, moisture, etc.

That said, I did have an experience several years ago that is worth mentioning.

I had taken a photo of my daughter who at the time was around 3 years old. It was an adorable picture so my husband dowloaded it as a backround wallpaper pic on my desk top computer.

Late one night after everyone went to bed I sat down at my computer to check some emails before I followed behind. It had been a long day and I sat down in the dark in my computer desk chair and stared into the computer screen at the wallpaper pic of my little girl.

All of a sudden I noticed something on the picture...a flaw of some kind. As I looked closer at it I noticed it was an orb of light above her right shoulder. As I stared at it trying to figure out what it was I noticed that it looked to be face in the orb staring back at me. It really freaked me out because I was in total darkness except for the computer screen light and I was the only one awake in the house.

If that picture had not been uploaded and enlarged in light onto my computer screen I probably would have never noticed the orb.

After that night, I made a point to look at all the pictures I had previously taken of my family. One thing I noticed was that it was only pictures of my daughter that had "weird stuff" in it...like mists, vortexes, and orbs. My older son, my husband and my pictures taken with the same camera at the same time never had anything out of the ordinary in them.

To this day any orbs we ever find are only found in the pictures we take that include her. I guess you could call it coincidental, but even the skeptic in me just finds it plain weird that only the pics of her includes orbs and other unexplained images.....

Old 06-02-2012, 07:27 PM

1,959 posts, read 3,101,230 times
The issue of orbs becomes more interesting if you have ever seen moving orbs captured on infra-red camera, and observed people or animals reacting to them. There are no flash cameras or lights involved to produce the orb. It is very interesting.

Old 06-02-2012, 07:34 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,271,710 times
My friend stayed with me and took heaps of pictures of orbs.

Funny - they were only in the newly built part of the house (the one that has the most windows).

I've lived here for 20 years and have NEVER seen/sensed a damn thing that wasn't caused by my cats. Neither have my cats, for that matter. Not that they can talk but you can tell when they're spooked they blow up like bottlebrushes and my little one growls like a dog.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal