U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 02:24 PM

1,143 posts, read 3,290,576 times

Advertisements

I have a friend who just had an experience with one at a party and is a little freaked out by some of the information she received. I think there are some psychics who are legit and have a true gift, and others who are just good at making stuff up.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2012, 12:24 AM

20,829 posts, read 26,131,683 times
Many many times. There are good ones, great ones and bad ones. I LOVE seeing psychics. I read Tarot cards. I am very good, but not for myself.

I see one when I need clarification, or I'm going through some life changes. Also each year around my birthday.

Seeing a good, accurate psychic can be useful and healing. STAY AWAY FROM FORTUNE TELLERS>
If anyone ever says that there is a curse on you and X amount of money will remove it they are frauds.

One did that to me once and I stood and help my palm out towards her in an act of both protection and defiance and said "NO! THERE IS NOT! THERE IS ONE ON YOU!" She looked terrified and deserved it.

For every sleaze like that there is a wonderful enlightened and intuitive person who is a professional. I have known some with Master's in Social Work or counseling.

Word of mouth is a good way to find one, as are free publications given out at health food stores, New Age book shops and other places such as that.

Old 03-19-2012, 04:14 AM

4,535 posts, read 4,029,525 times
OP - What exactly do you think a psychic is going to tell you. How do you think going to someone else is going to help your life get on-track? It would be far better (but less exciting of course) to make your own connections. And... yes you CAN.

And.. let me ask Sheena, why do you think it is OK to "help" people by giving them advice and playing god in their lives. Because they ask you to? No, thats not a good reason.

If someone asked us to hurt them, would we do it? No, we wouldn't, and so it is with giving our advice because we really dont know we only believe we know what is best for someone else.

It is exciting and we can tell ourselves it is helpful, but really, if you understood, you would not think so and you would encourage people to go within and make their own connections rather than seeking out others who can offer them advice.

As you know Sheena, I have learnt Tarot and been a Spiritualist for years, AND been to many Tarot card readers, mediums, you name it - so I am not talking from inexperience.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:00 PM

20,829 posts, read 26,131,683 times
I don't know who you are, and don't know you "learnt" tarot and been a Spiritualist for years. How would I know this?
Some people like massages or reflexology and are willing to pay for that. I know other people who would not pay for it or entertain the thought. No I am not a hitman, and don't know what you are getting at about "hurting someone". What you are suggesting is immoral and illegal. I don't get your point, and am not sure you get your own point. If you do not like psychics then don't go to one. I would say the same about Temples, Churches or Mosques. It's your personal choice.

Last edited by sheena12; 03-19-2012 at 10:16 PM..

Old 03-23-2012, 09:42 AM

167 posts, read 443,179 times
I did once. I had asked if my daughter and I were together before this.

According to her my daughter was a royal lady back in the Egyptian days and I was her right hand servant. I'm glad to know the attitude carries over centuries later. :P

I think there are some valid ones out there but I'm far too skeptical to even ask around for recommendations. Thousands of people years ago would have gladly said Miss Cleo is legit. How can you truly know the difference?

Old 03-23-2012, 10:16 AM

349 posts, read 564,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawl_rawr View Post
I did once. I had asked if my daughter and I were together before this.

According to her my daughter was a royal lady back in the Egyptian days and I was her right hand servant. I'm glad to know the attitude carries over centuries later. :P

I think there are some valid ones out there but I'm far too skeptical to even ask around for recommendations. Thousands of people years ago would have gladly said Miss Cleo is legit. How can you truly know the difference?

...LOL

I've seen psychics in the past, but not for a long, long time. The one I used to see moved away, and I haven't looked for a 'replacement' since.

However, I would really like to talk to one now.

Old 03-23-2012, 09:37 PM

4,527 posts, read 5,452,301 times
not all psychics get their gifts from above---some are truly dangerous and i speak from my own knowledge and experiences

Old 03-23-2012, 09:44 PM

61,305 posts, read 79,635,765 times
what is important to remember is that they tell u about your tendencies. they are only tendencies. they cant tell u what u r guna do, only what u r inclined to do. u get to choose always. one thing they do they will be of value. they will tell u the obvious. that which u should have realized. that which was so clear to everyone else, but u refused to see,
but your mother could have done that any old day. if they got a towel on their head and a crystal ball or tarot cards, then u will listen to the same stuff that everybody has been telling u all along.

Old 03-23-2012, 10:14 PM

16,081 posts, read 25,605,915 times
I've had several experiences with tarot/psychic readings. A couple of the readings were a useless waste of money and sensed it from the moment I walked in.

Only one tarot reader gave me very simple words of wisdom, they were the right words at the right time. Exactly what I needed to hear.

One other, I didn't seek, we were both shoppers in the same store. Information confirming my own intuitive abilities were on target, and a warning about my safety. She was precise and knew about my childhood as well. No cards, no money, a conversation that started with a simple comment and went from there, just another shopper with a psychic gift she wanted to share.

Old 03-24-2012, 07:35 PM

2,747 posts, read 3,645,598 times
I've been to two of them, Both were really acurate. A female friend urged me to go to this woman. It really wasn't my thing. I knew of some woman who went to them, but I always thought it fell into that class of "stuff women like" Honest, I'm not sexist, but I don't know any men who see psychics.

So,, I went. It was my birthday gift from this friend. My sister also raved about how accurate she was. I didn't want her to waste her money, so I went., but I wasn't that happy about it.

I have to say that this woman was the real deal! She knew things about my GF and her past that no one would have ever known. She was very normalm and professional. I was expecting her to have a turban or robe or a gown. She was just a normally dressed attractive woman. I was worried that she knew I was thinking she was cute. If she did, she didn't say.

I actuallly went back a year later! It was about a business matter. I couldn't have gotten better advice from a financial advisor. Really, if you can find a good one, for my money it's better than going to a shrink! And less expensive. She helped me to see my matter objectively.

I would have seen her a third time, but she moved to Florida. She gave me the name of 2 others. One cracked an egg in a bowl after I handled it and told me that my dad was there. She said he was pacing and he always did that. She smelled cigaret smoke and he was a chain smoker. I'll admit it the egg was strange, but it worked for what ever reason. I also felt better about my father than I had in years. I'd try it again if I wanted some advice.

So all I can say is don't knock it til you've tried it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal