U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2012, 08:14 PM

1,319 posts, read 2,384,525 times

Advertisements

A Wiccan friend of a friend was visiting, and offered to do a Tarot card reading for me. I was intrigued because I had never had done Tarot cards before,and we did the reading. All I can say is it was eerily accurate, very spooky. We talked about this. He then said he used not the Ryder Waite deck but the Thoth (spelling) deck.He then pointed to an upside down pentacle and said,"See that, do you see that, do you know what that means?" I didn't notice it when he started the reading. Well, as I understand it that means the devil, doesn't it? The pentangle was in a cartoon like drawing on one of the cards sides, not the side that the reading is done from. Is the Thoth deck not to be used because of this? Is it evil? Do all Thoth decks have that pentangle, or is it just part of an illustration?

I often think of part of his reading, as it touched upon something very,very personal that I had never told anyone, not even the reader, and it is something he COULD NOT have known.

I would be interested also in hearing about your experiences with Tarot, esp. the Thoth deck.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2012, 08:21 PM

16,081 posts, read 25,568,261 times
Curious...What did he say it meant? I've only used the Rider Waite deck.

How do you interpret's Thoth's Devil in a reading? - Page 5 - Aeclectic Tarot Forum

Last edited by virgode; 03-17-2012 at 08:54 PM..

Old 03-18-2012, 04:43 PM

20,784 posts, read 26,065,089 times
I don't think that the Thoth deck - or any deck, is evil. Readers usually chose a deck that resonates for them. In my case, I use Rider - Waite. The most strait forward. I have prettier decks but I am seeking to give an accurate reading for a client, so I use R-W.

Wiccans do not even believe in the Devil. There is a devil card in the Major Arcana. Pentacles are a suit in the Minor Arcana and they symbolize, money, the Earth, hard work, investments -but not the devil. In fact the Devil card does not signify The Devil.!

Old 03-18-2012, 04:44 PM

61,306 posts, read 79,527,797 times
timeless manipulation machine. that and 3 card monte best way to lose some money on way home.

Old 03-19-2012, 04:56 PM

1,319 posts, read 2,384,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
timeless manipulation machine. that and 3 card monte best way to lose some money on way home.
Did you have a bad experience with a Tarot reader, maybe feel you got ripped off?

Old 03-26-2012, 06:12 AM

4,517 posts, read 4,009,494 times
Many psychics pull information out of our energy fields.

Tarot cards are one method of focusing to allow the mind to tap into these energy information snippits. Often the psychic does not realise they are doing this and sometimes the information may come from a mixture of places.

While people still want to know about their 'future' there will always be people who will 'help' them find out. So, the point is, that if you carry around everything that has happened to you in your energy fields, then it is not such a big deal that someone tells you something 'only you' know about. They can just read a certain level of information from your energy where it is stored.

Actually, it is a violation of your privacy for them to dip in there and see what you have been up to... but anyway....if you dont care (and you probably should do) then the psychic wont care either. If they did, they would not do readings, would they?

Old 04-01-2012, 01:57 PM

3,751 posts, read 6,730,450 times
Hello again katnip- I've given you my thoughts already via PM and the tarot discussion I started last year where you shared this. So let me add to it here.
Many tarot decks use the pentacle symbol. As is said above, no deck is evil, the pentacle does not represent the devil but physical things.
Now there is history behind the Thoth deck that leads people who are critical of anything occult or mystic and that is the creator of the Thoth deck, Aleister Crowley. He was a odd individual with his own internal 'demons'....not entities, just his warpt sense of self and power.
However- his deck is created on the very same teachings and foundations as the Rider Waite deck.
Arthur Waite and Aleister Crowley were both members of the Order of the Golden Dawn. At the same time even. It was Crowley that criticized Waite.
So breath easy... You have nothing to worry about.

Old 04-20-2012, 10:30 AM

11,543 posts, read 14,568,402 times
Default Had it done..

Missed completely. While i study the unexplained, Paranormal and UFO's etc and are glad we have a thread on it i have never personally experienced anything related to it. Would love to and keep an open mind, But so far, Nothing. Sorry no good story to tell from the Brooklyn boy.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:24 AM

398 posts, read 622,619 times
I dunno. It depends on what you expect to get out of tarot. Sometimes doing readings for myself, I try to interpret the cards in a metaphorical way to allow for more breathing room, but other times...

Once on Halloween night (yeah, I know), I did a reading for myself and a friend -- although these were with playing cards, not tarot -- and got something at the moment inexplicable but turned out to be spot-on. And no allegory necessary, it was just spelled out A, B and C would happen and about 2 weeks later, voila. That stands as the most amazing card-reading experience for me. Since then, it's been small successes (with mostly tarot 'cuz it's prettier!), and some real confusion/contradictory results.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:34 PM

25,953 posts, read 28,251,653 times
I had someone do it with just a regular deck of cards for free. It was surprisingly accurate, but there was this little church my aunt took me too and after the regular service or part of it certain people would get up and randomly read someone. Everything this man told me came true. Weird stuff like "Roses, you are going to get roses - yellow roses." This wasn't a special event or holiday either. I was with my aunt in the car and at a stop light I pointed to a flower shop on the corner and said, "There, that's where the roses are going to come from." As sure as the sun shines on dogs rear end 2 weeks later I got yellow roses and it was from the flowershop I pointed out. They were from someone I had never met yet so it's not like I was dropping hints to him or anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal