U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 04:27 PM

16,408 posts, read 30,426,251 times

Advertisements

I have always found this case fascinating! I found the book by Jay Anson to be well written and scary. I also enjoyed the first movie. TY all for an interesting discussion!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2012, 10:40 PM

20,834 posts, read 26,157,289 times
If anyone is still interested, the would be author of the book that was "lost at sea" was Mr. Herbert.

The cousin could not remember his first name. Not uncommon because at the time almost all kids addressed adults with a title - Mom, Dad, Aunt, Uncle, Mr Mrs.

I can see what I can find out from the Shelter Island High School yearbook.

Old 04-21-2012, 05:10 AM

11 posts, read 20,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
The Lutzes recounted their story and took a lie detector test with a dr. that died in Omaha. A friend of mine bought the recordings and paperwork that went with it at the estate sale. Very creepy stuff. He put it on ebay and G.Lutz contacted him and they made a deal. Shortly after G. Lutz passed away. The story was sensationalized but George never denied that.
I was meant to listen to that recording, but then he passed away

Did you get to hear it yourself?

Old 04-21-2012, 08:51 AM

21,421 posts, read 10,973,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherbetbizarre View Post
I was meant to listen to that recording, but then he passed away

Did you get to hear it yourself?
I never listened to the reels but my buddy supposidly has a copy on his computer. I did see the polygraph and some other formal papers. They passed poly

Old 04-21-2012, 03:28 PM

1,973 posts, read 3,975,487 times
Call it a fake, but it's an awfully interesting coincidence that George Lutz bore such a distinct resemblance to Ronald DeFeo Jr. So there's that.

Assuming the house IS actually haunted, there are a couple of hypothesis I could state:

1) The Law of the Trapezoid

There are certain types of architecture that are literally magnets for the paranormal. Certain types of geometry aggregate these energies and facilitate the manifestation of subconscious archetypal forces. Sometimes a building or structure just has a "bad energy". This is often the case in trapezoidal structures such as buildings with Mansard roofs, but also in buildings that have uneven angles or walls that are not parallel.

Often buildings of this shape will be seen as perennially empty, or "for sale" or "for rent" with an extremely high turnaround rate and a difficulty retaining tenants. In other cases, owners, or tenants go insane and commit a violent act in the structure adding more chaotic and negative energies to the grid.

Part of the reason that these types of geometry and architecture attract these energies is that, all of matter is composed of energy and is defined by force. For instance, a hand will not pass through a table, not because matter collides with matter, but because the repellent forces of the atoms and molecules that make up both the hand and the table repel each other. In truth, the chances of any actual particle of the atoms of the hand contacting another particle of the table are negligible to the point of being nearly nonexistent! If a tennis ball was a proton or a neutron, proportionally speaking, the next nearest orbiting electron would be ten miles away!

These forces are defined by VIBRATION in terms of cycle and phase. A hand with particles phase locked and shifted to a 180 degree opposition may very likely pass through that table as if it were not there.

certain types of geometry and architecture, may facilitate a standing wave structure or resonance that literally removes the veil between worlds, or at the very least, thins it out, creating a sort of timeline nexus that allows a glimpse in to the world of the dead.

2)The Law of Resonance, ie. Earth Grid/ Geodetic nodes/ Astronomic influences during the winter solsticial events

The house itself may be located on a geodetic node of resonance which facilitates this vibrational phase shifting and which is further tuned during certain intervals of time to be more active in response to the astronomic nodes of resonance that come from certain planetary alignments.

3)The Law of Imbued energy of intention, attention and Tulpic manifestation (manifestation of thoughtforms)

This house has become so famous and its shape so well known that it has nearly become a subconscious archetypal form in itself. If it were not haunted before, it is almost certainly haunted now.

So many people have unwittingly directed their energy at the structure of this house with the idea in mind of the occurrences that were written about by the Lutz's and Jay Anson, that it is haunted by proxy as an object to manifest the subconscious intent of its observers.

The fact that the house looks startlingly sinister certainly adds to this effect. you couldn't have a more photogenic house to portray a disembodied malevolence, because the very architecture on at least one side of the house looks like an angry face with squinting eyes. This adds a notion of sentience that one may attribute to this house and allows one to even imagine feeling it is possible to be "watched" by this house. This perception can become a transference of intent (attention, really) which can energize this structure with the attributes of their subconscious thought forms and facilitate a Tulpic manifestation.

4)The Law of Correspondence of Form

Getting beyond the house at 112 Ocean Avenue, and to other locations with similar architecture:

Correspondence of Form is behind many principles in magic, and is part of why many identical twins often have a profound psychic link with each other.

This is part of a quantum aggregating and sorting principle that is built in to the very fabric of the universe, and is also the same principle that is used and invoked in Voudon and Santeria rituals, with the saints and statues attracting the aggregate energies and influences that have been imbued on them through generations of practiced ritual, and some of which are imbued by the elementals themselves through the shapes, so that the objects themselves become a portal of communication with a servitor.

In such a way, similar structures to the Amityville house could theoretically become "interface terminals" that have similar energies to the thought-form entelechy that has been assigned to the original Amityville house by attention and intent.

I had an opportunity to visit such a house in 1980, in Boulder Colorado on the corner of 12th and Cascade streets during a Realtor's hosting of an open house, and I would have to say that it had an amazing energy.

boulder colorado 12th and cascade - Google Maps

I was only there for one day, so I did not experience any hauntings per se, but the energy that was in the house was palpable. There was a definite vibe to the place. It was an awesome house, though, and I would say bore the most astonishing resemblance to the Amityville house I could yet imagine. The fact that there's one in Boulder Colorado of all places, tells me that there's got to be more in other locations with nearly the same level of similarity in form.

I even got to go up to the attic area with the two eye-like quarter round windows and look around. There were tons of dead flies everywhere! Bizarre! Also got to go out on the patio/porch and survey the yard from there. I would be fascinated to hear the accounts of anyone that has lived in that house as to whether there have been any "shenanigans" going on! It would also be interesting to hear from local Realtors whether this house has been on the market a lot or been without occupants for a considerable amount of time.

Last edited by Reptoid Humidian; 04-21-2012 at 03:41 PM..

Old 04-21-2012, 06:27 PM

2,490 posts, read 3,965,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baystater View Post
HAHA! That scared the living daylights out of me! It left me shaking. Good one!

Old 04-21-2012, 07:08 PM

20,834 posts, read 26,157,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptoid Humidian View Post
Call it a fake, but it's an awfully interesting coincidence that George Lutz bore such a distinct resemblance to Ronald DeFeo Jr. So there's that.

Assuming the house IS actually haunted, there are a couple of hypothesis I could state:

1) The Law of the Trapezoid

There are certain types of architecture that are literally magnets for the paranormal. Certain types of geometry aggregate these energies and facilitate the manifestation of subconscious archetypal forces. Sometimes a building or structure just has a "bad energy". This is often the case in trapezoidal structures such as buildings with Mansard roofs, but also in buildings that have uneven angles or walls that are not parallel.

Often buildings of this shape will be seen as perennially empty, or "for sale" or "for rent" with an extremely high turnaround rate and a difficulty retaining tenants. In other cases, owners, or tenants go insane and commit a violent act in the structure adding more chaotic and negative energies to the grid.

Part of the reason that these types of geometry and architecture attract these energies is that, all of matter is composed of energy and is defined by force. For instance, a hand will not pass through a table, not because matter collides with matter, but because the repellent forces of the atoms and molecules that make up both the hand and the table repel each other. In truth, the chances of any actual particle of the atoms of the hand contacting another particle of the table are negligible to the point of being nearly nonexistent! If a tennis ball was a proton or a neutron, proportionally speaking, the next nearest orbiting electron would be ten miles away!

These forces are defined by VIBRATION in terms of cycle and phase. A hand with particles phase locked and shifted to a 180 degree opposition may very likely pass through that table as if it were not there.

certain types of geometry and architecture, may facilitate a standing wave structure or resonance that literally removes the veil between worlds, or at the very least, thins it out, creating a sort of timeline nexus that allows a glimpse in to the world of the dead.

2)The Law of Resonance, ie. Earth Grid/ Geodetic nodes/ Astronomic influences during the winter solsticial events

The house itself may be located on a geodetic node of resonance which facilitates this vibrational phase shifting and which is further tuned during certain intervals of time to be more active in response to the astronomic nodes of resonance that come from certain planetary alignments.

3)The Law of Imbued energy of intention, attention and Tulpic manifestation (manifestation of thoughtforms)

This house has become so famous and its shape so well known that it has nearly become a subconscious archetypal form in itself. If it were not haunted before, it is almost certainly haunted now.

So many people have unwittingly directed their energy at the structure of this house with the idea in mind of the occurrences that were written about by the Lutz's and Jay Anson, that it is haunted by proxy as an object to manifest the subconscious intent of its observers.

The fact that the house looks startlingly sinister certainly adds to this effect. you couldn't have a more photogenic house to portray a disembodied malevolence, because the very architecture on at least one side of the house looks like an angry face with squinting eyes. This adds a notion of sentience that one may attribute to this house and allows one to even imagine feeling it is possible to be "watched" by this house. This perception can become a transference of intent (attention, really) which can energize this structure with the attributes of their subconscious thought forms and facilitate a Tulpic manifestation.

4)The Law of Correspondence of Form

Getting beyond the house at 112 Ocean Avenue, and to other locations with similar architecture:

Correspondence of Form is behind many principles in magic, and is part of why many identical twins often have a profound psychic link with each other.

This is part of a quantum aggregating and sorting principle that is built in to the very fabric of the universe, and is also the same principle that is used and invoked in Voudon and Santeria rituals, with the saints and statues attracting the aggregate energies and influences that have been imbued on them through generations of practiced ritual, and some of which are imbued by the elementals themselves through the shapes, so that the objects themselves become a portal of communication with a servitor.

In such a way, similar structures to the Amityville house could theoretically become "interface terminals" that have similar energies to the thought-form entelechy that has been assigned to the original Amityville house by attention and intent.

I had an opportunity to visit such a house in 1980, in Boulder Colorado on the corner of 12th and Cascade streets during a Realtor's hosting of an open house, and I would have to say that it had an amazing energy.

boulder colorado 12th and cascade - Google Maps

I was only there for one day, so I did not experience any hauntings per se, but the energy that was in the house was palpable. There was a definite vibe to the place. It was an awesome house, though, and I would say bore the most astonishing resemblance to the Amityville house I could yet imagine. The fact that there's one in Boulder Colorado of all places, tells me that there's got to be more in other locations with nearly the same level of similarity in form.

I even got to go up to the attic area with the two eye-like quarter round windows and look around. There were tons of dead flies everywhere! Bizarre! Also got to go out on the patio/porch and survey the yard from there. I would be fascinated to hear the accounts of anyone that has lived in that house as to whether there have been any "shenanigans" going on! It would also be interesting to hear from local Realtors whether this house has been on the market a lot or been without occupants for a considerable amount of time.

This is a thoughtful and interesting post. I do agree about the laws of correspondence of form. It does not surprise me that a similar home was
filled with dead flies. It makes sense.

The house was sold about 2 years ago, and that was when I last saw it. The home owners actually changed the notorious eye like windows into squares. It does not look good.

I have noticed a phenomena of a "bad house" before. Not only in poorer neighborhoods, but also in middle class subdivisions, where the floor plans are so similar that architecture could not be blamed.

The "bad house" is the messy creepy house that changes hands frequently. No one seems to stay. It attracts negative people.
Often it is eventually purchaced by an investor, and it stays a rental.

I find your points interesting, but I have noticed this with very symmetrical homes, and with homes that are quite similar to others on the same street.

I am not sure what to make of it. I even have a few Real Estate Broker friends who have confirmed the "bad house" theory.

There are some natural explanations. Once a home is neglected, it is likely to sell for a lower price, and the people who purchase it may not be the type that normally lives in the neighborhood.

A hose in poor condition that is rented might seem more likely to wind up as a rental. Renters typically do not stay in one place as long as owners.

That is a natural explanation.

Yet, I have also noticed homes attracting violent and dysfunctional people.

I'm not sure what to think about this one.. ...Anyone???

Old 04-21-2012, 07:29 PM

4,004 posts, read 5,650,227 times
Sadly I think the Amityville Horror was down to one mentally ill young man. No ghosts or ghouls, just crazy.

Old 04-21-2012, 09:55 PM

5,473 posts, read 10,186,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
Sadly I think the Amityville Horror was down to one mentally ill young man. No ghosts or ghouls, just crazy.
I agree.

The whole haunting theory made up by George and Kathy Lutz was a hoax but the murders were sadly true and the theory that Ronnies sister Dawn helped out with the killings makes sense before Ronnie finally blew her LSD soaked head off with the Marlin rifle.

No ghost no demon just cold blooded murder.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:16 AM

11 posts, read 20,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
That's two seperate stories though!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal