U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 12:12 PM

52,866 posts, read 31,174,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
Looks like Elsie the Borden's Cow!

Redirect Notice
Elsie the Cow... that might be a ghost of Elsie, I think she went to the slaughter house 5 years ago and I had one of the rib-eye steaks...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2012, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin woman View Post
I used to live right around the corner from a cemetary back in Calif and a lot of people on the block, including my kids, have told me they have heard or seen wierd things at night, my youngest was the most scared to go to the bathroom alone at night. I did question the moving around of some things from time to time in the house when no one was home in broad daylight, but figured it must just be the cat...oh wait, the cat was outside....
I'm always very scared of going to the bathroom.. Everytime I see myself in the mirror I get frightened...

Old 04-17-2012, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I see another face looking out of the top right hand side of this window, maybe a small boy? And just below him is a the face of a cat.

Hmmm.. Aksarben, give me some of that stuff you've been smoking... it might help me see what you're seeing...

Old 04-17-2012, 12:38 PM

17,426 posts, read 9,379,209 times
Does anyone see the face in the lower left hand corner. It looks like there's a wart on the chin. Someone at work pointed that out to me.

Old 04-17-2012, 02:01 PM

20,080 posts, read 5,448,346 times
People see faces in many things, tree trunks, potato chips, etc.
I'm not saying supernatural (only meaning we don't understand it..yet)
occurances don't exist but I'd say most are some sort of an illusion.

Old 04-17-2012, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pekemom View Post
People see faces in many things, tree trunks, potato chips, etc.
I'm not saying supernatural (only meaning we don't understand it..yet)
occurances don't exist but I'd say most are some sort of an illusion.
Hmm.. I see a face in my computer monitor... Oh wait that's my face..

Old 04-17-2012, 02:35 PM

3,528 posts, read 5,476,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
I understand but this is the actual photo. How about this, I will DM you with the address and town in Maine and you tell the CD viewers what you have found. Out of respect for the new owners of the house, I don't think giving out their address on a public forum is a good idea.

You are 100 Percent correct.

Must admit your photo AND the other photo's do look a bit creepy.

Thanks for sharing the photo and I definatley stand corrected this is a legit post house or what ever you may call it.
Sorry for sounding as if it was untrue.

However it is a lovely town.

Old 04-17-2012, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
I've had strange things happen to me my entire life that I need help understanding. My husband took this picture of a house we were looking at while house hunting in Maine. I was extremely uneasy in the house and felt like I was intruding. I was intrigued by the shapes in the bedroom window and shocked by what I saw when we blew the picture up. Tell me what you see and your interpretation.

Okay, I'll post a serious response - It looks like a very nice house from the outside, and those aberrations you're seeing, well... it could just be an affect in the glass from the combination of outside elements, like sun light, clouds, etc. I couldn't tell you anything else without being there. The bottom line is, if you feel uncomfortable being inside or near the house, don't buy it.

Old 04-17-2012, 05:14 PM

1,032 posts, read 1,627,768 times
I think it's a charming looking house. For a second I thought I saw the figure of a large demonic looking dog thing standing on its hind legs on top of the chimney, but it turned out to be my eyes playing tricks on me.

The larger figure in the window folks think looks like Elsie the cow actually reminds me of a Muppet controlled by Kevin Clash on an episode of Arsenio. Of course, it WAS Jim Henson's last interview. He died a few weeks later. OMG!!!!- just kidding.

Really, the window reflections all look quite normal to me, nothing to get freaked about, and I've always been known for my overactive imagination.

We had a bedroom closet door with the face of a horned goat-like satan on it. We all noticed that one. It was a nice house. If we hadn't needed more room we'd never have sold it.

Old 04-17-2012, 07:18 PM

8,393 posts, read 19,386,999 times
Is that Steven King's house?

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal