Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 11:34 AM

72,412 posts, read 18,199,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Power of Attorney.
Oh ok...then.when it's sold then things will be removed,but someone already has it. I think next time you get a house to bless it. Then you will feel better
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2012, 11:47 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,182,182 times
I've seen the Haunted Houses series on A&E and only two episodes really piqued my interest. One was on Salem and they were discussing different buildings and there was this one building that housed shelves and shelves of what looked like stationary sized boxes with people's last names on them - documents from the Salem Witchcraft Trials. I was drawing and listening at the same time and just happened to look up and see my last name on one of the boxes....my great, great grandfather homesteaded from, Mass., but there is no documentation we could find about his wife and the two boys were raised in an orphanage here.

The other was about the Myrtle's Plantation in Louisiana, considered the most haunted house in America. Attached is a description of the place and the last segment is of the slave girl Chloe who accidentally killed the children she cared for. It is an interesting home indeed, but a tourist took this photo and some say it is a ghost picture of Chloe. You read it and look at it and be the judge.

AMERICA'S MOST HAUNTED: MYRTLES PLANTATION

http://listverse.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/myrtles-plantation-ghost-picture-chloe-832-532x337-1.jpg (broken link)

Old 04-19-2012, 11:54 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,182,182 times
There are some other good ones in this thread.

//www.city-data.com/forum/other...n-legends.html

Old 04-19-2012, 03:21 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,799,103 times
POA also means price on application, meaning you have to contact the seller or seller's agent to get a price. Sometimes it's used when the price hasn't been finalized.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:18 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,792,197 times
Thursday 007, There are other pictures of little children as well. It's one of my favorite episodes and we plan on visiting there when we retire. Just for grins: I made up this ghost story to keep the shorties from running around and wrecking the newly renovated rooms in our rental house. His name was Dark Stanley and DH took a picture of me in a Halloween mask and long coat and faded it in photoshop. It looked fake but had enough eeriness to scare the pants off of them. They never left our side after that, nor ventured into the house alone. I finally told them the truth last summer. It got a lot of laughs but worked like a charm at the time.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cold View Post
POA also means price on application, meaning you have to contact the seller or seller's agent to get a price. Sometimes it's used when the price hasn't been finalized.
No, not in this case. The house was listed for $119,500. It had the most incredible original fireplaces. The one in the creepy bedroom had a fireplace with beautiful mosaic tiles. It also had an amazing barn with a belfry attached to the house. When I asked the realtor she said she thought the owner was in a nursing home but wasn't sure. Loved the house but not the town.

Old 04-21-2012, 06:56 PM

26,488 posts, read 15,066,580 times
The human mind tries to make sense out of randomness and this includes finding human-like faces. With all of the light, shadows, reflections in this windows from natural sources.....it seems that this will happen from time to time where it appears to be a face, but is just an illusion.

Old 04-22-2012, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
The human mind tries to make sense out of randomness and this includes finding human-like faces. With all of the light, shadows, reflections in this windows from natural sources.....it seems that this will happen from time to time where it appears to be a face, but is just an illusion.
Yes I understand but there is more than one face which makes it even more curious to me. Usually you will see only one image, but you have to admit the picture is really creepy.

Old 05-16-2012, 03:22 PM

16 posts, read 24,146 times
Well its trees in the reflection as well as the time of day that its' shot in... if you want make it even more fun... stare at the pix long enough and the shadows in the right lower corner below the cow head, starts to look almost like an evil apparition and next to it looks a bit like a cat as well... you can let your imagination run wild on a photo like this.

Old 05-20-2012, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavajoBoy View Post
Well its trees in the reflection as well as the time of day that its' shot in... if you want make it even more fun... stare at the pix long enough and the shadows in the right lower corner below the cow head, starts to look almost like an evil apparition and next to it looks a bit like a cat as well... you can let your imagination run wild on a photo like this.
Some one at work saw the evil face as well in the lower right hand corner. I can also see the cat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal