Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 10:42 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,794,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageLife View Post
I see Elvis in the window!

Seriously,if you have a doubt always ask or do some research about the house,in California,the law says you have the right to ask if anyone has died or anything happen to the house within the 3 year limit. The listing agent has to have a writen disclosure,you can always ask the agent. After that you need to ask around the neighborhood if anything happened to the house. Get a priest to bless the house,have a big party,get rid of the bad vibes! If you have bad vibes,don't buy it. I have been to houses and feel some strange energy,but others don't. It's just personal.
I asked the realtor and all she said was that it was a POA. The house had clothes in the closet, antiques every where, and everything from the cabinets on the counter tops. It was odd to me that they wouldn't take everything out first. Someone being lazy or someone leaving in a hurry?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2012, 11:23 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,866,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Love the sense of humor guys. Keep them coming, love a good laugh.
As Elvis would say.. <with Elvis' voice and southern accent> Thank yeh.. thank yeh vera muuuch"...

Old 04-18-2012, 12:33 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,799,529 times
Quote:
The house had clothes in the closet, antiques every where, and everything from the cabinets on the counter tops. It was odd to me that they wouldn't take everything out first. Someone being lazy or someone leaving in a hurry?
There are cases where someone's elderly relative will die, and the heirs regard the stuff in the house as "old junk" and don't want to be bothered with it.

I also recall many years ago someone who moved out of her apartment and left a huge pile of clothes, furniture, etc in the alley. Being young mothers at the time, my friend and I started rooting through her abandoned stuff. We and several other neighbors found leather jackets, pewter ware, clothes with tags still on them, I even found several dollars worth of change.
You just never know what goes on in people's minds.
Of course, if the house makes you uncomfortable, you shouldn't consider buying it.
Basements always make me uncomfortable, even in my present home. We built our house, and I know for a fact that nothing ever stood here. It was always pasture or forest. Ditto with our last house, and the one before that was built on a former airport. No fatal crashes ever recorded.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:34 PM

72,416 posts, read 18,202,018 times
Quote:
I asked the realtor and all she said was that it was a POA. The house had clothes in the closet, antiques every where, and everything from the cabinets on the counter tops. It was odd to me that they wouldn't take everything out first. Someone being lazy or someone leaving in a hurry?
If the propetty is not sold and owner stll ownes ,he has the right to still have things at home.thats in california.,so its diff in every place.

Old 04-18-2012, 02:11 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,563,298 times
Anyone notice two of the windows have storm windows on them?

Old 04-18-2012, 02:21 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,563,298 times
Quote:
Our first two houses were in estate and when we were finally able to move into the second one the squatters (long story) left things behind, most beneficial was the warranty for the roof.

Old 04-19-2012, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Anyone notice two of the windows have storm windows on them?
You should have seen the toilet from the 1900's on the back porch. I've never seen anything like it.

Old 04-19-2012, 08:33 AM

72,416 posts, read 18,202,018 times
Quote:
What is a POA?

Old 04-19-2012, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageLife View Post
What is a POA?
Power of Attorney.

Old 04-19-2012, 11:26 AM

Thanks to everyone who have sent me supportive DM's but were to afraid of harassment to post on this thread. It's a shame though that people can't respect other peoples thoughts and opinions. "Why can't we all just get along?" I love that line by Jack Nicholson in Mars Attacks. (As the aliens blow everyone away. Sigh.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal