Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 04:28 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,964,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Exactly, Goldengrain. Disbelief in a curse will not protect you from one. Other things may.
I cannot rep you yet.

Yes, a person who does not believe may think it is a string of bad luck, which it may really be.

It is not always true that ignorance is bliss. Someone wiser than myself said all that's needed for evil to thrive is that good people do nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2012, 03:23 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Indeed, not only that, the power of suggestion. It perpetuates and attracts more negativity and bad circumstances.

And I would most likely be in ageement with friends explanations.

Sounds karmic tho.
not at all. if it were karma getting a toyota would not stop it. someone or something did not like me owning that car.
also as to prior posts saying priests that burned witches were always wrong. i was not there i cant say, but the assertion that they were not witches and they harmed no one?? that is what u say but were u there? were all those accused of malicious and murderous witchcraft simply herbal pharmacists?
that would contradict what i know about cuban voodoo, mexican witchcraft (curanderos) and african witchcraft, which is people abuse power.
here is my issue, in one breath u point out the power of witchcraft and in the next say witchcraft is wikken white magic and has never been used to harm others.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 05-13-2012 at 04:06 PM..

Old 05-13-2012, 03:45 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
No but they can belivee it and make it come true. Just like belieivng in luck rarely helps but making your luck does.

Old 05-13-2012, 05:40 PM

24,095 posts, read 32,437,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
Even though I am Pagan, it's something that i'm ethically opposed to.

It's not a line I care to cross.

So, you do believe it can happen. I am ethically opposed to it also. However I think that is happens.

Sometimes, people who label themselves "good Christians" are the culprits, praying their morality upon others.

Old 05-13-2012, 06:08 PM

24,095 posts, read 32,437,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I cannot rep you yet.

Yes, a person who does not believe may think it is a string of bad luck, which it may really be.

It is not always true that ignorance is bliss. Someone wiser than myself said all that's needed for evil to thrive is that good people do nothing.

But I can rep you! A string of amazingly bad luck is sometimes because a person makes amazingly bad choices.

But not always.

I know that quote, but I can't place it.

It does amaze me that people, who are open to anything under the sun - aliens, big foot, time travel, ghosts, reincarnation, astral travel, speaking to the dead, and other assorted esoteric interests, are completely closed minded when it comes to the idea that there could be an evil side to the paranormal.

Believing in it does not make you evil. Ignoring it, or sweeping it under the rug, might. We can chose to separate ourselves from evil. But in order to do so, we have acknowledge that it's that it exists. Otherwise it is all the same.

WHY IS IT SO DIFFICULT to think that some humans can wish evil on another and in so doing, release and manipulate malevolent forces (spirits or demons - nomenclature is not important) on another?

This seems like "Unexplained Mysteries 101".

Unless you are a total skeptic and disbelieve in anything that can not be proven scientifically, this concept should be well within the realm of the possible.

This practice is as old as history. Ancient history. Accepting that it is true does not mean that you endorse it.

But it does give you a way to protect yourself.

Pretending that the world is all sweetness, light and happy faces, is contrary to truth.

Old 05-15-2012, 11:40 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,964,709 times
The evil forces must have left! I repped you!!!!

I don't feel as though I know enough about this.

I think that there is a spiritual world and it, like ours, has laws that govern it.

There are people who believe in surrounding themselves with white light daily. Is this like the religious who say daily prayers, as far as protection?

These folks sort of believe that a person should try to stay happy and upbeat throughout the day.

The Long Island Medium is probably this sort.

It does seem to offer some protection. Or is that just coincidence? Bad things DO happen to good people.

One part of me thinks that these individuals, if there is a game, are not even in it. They could be like flotsum and jetsum and just manipulated by the empowered.

I know that there is free will, but I even struggle with the white light suggestion because there is karma that we cannot avoid, although we may sidestep it for a bit. So, if we do enough avoidance, once our guard is down, kaboom!?

I think we humans have such a small sense of these things that we can barely identify what we are dealing with, so how would we know the appropriate reaction?

Old 05-15-2012, 05:10 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,624,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post

I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
It does amaze me that people, who are open to anything under the sun - aliens, big foot, time travel, ghosts, reincarnation, astral travel, speaking to the dead, and other assorted esoteric interests, are completely closed minded when it comes to the idea that there could be an evil side to the paranormal.
No joke right?

It's like those people forget there is a yin and yang to everything. People like that drive me crazy.

As far as curses, yeah I believe they can happen. I think the curser has to believe, but the cursee doesn't always have to, for them to work.

I also think there are things you can do to protect yourself from curses, and most of them just boil down to DON'T BE THE KIND OF PERSON OTHER PEOPLE WANT TO CURSE!!!!!!!! Other than that, I think there are oils and herbs and protections you can utilize.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal