Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2012, 07:34 PM

8,632 posts, read 13,000,665 times

Advertisements

Does anybody find the experience of "Deja Vu" strange and eire in a way? I've had a few "Deja Vu" experiences in my life and I was wondering if any of you had experienced it also. Does anyone have an opinion on this strange phenomenon that occurs with so many people?

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 04-21-2012 at 08:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2012, 07:44 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,832,592 times
I've had many de-ja-vu experiences as I imagine most folks have. Trouble is unless you've written down what you foresaw happening in the future....it's meaningless. Once the foreseen event takes place you cannot be sure if you imagined it happening before or just think you did.

Old 04-21-2012, 08:35 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
I've had many de-ja-vu experiences as I imagine most folks have. Trouble is unless you've written down what you foresaw happening in the future....it's meaningless. Once the foreseen event takes place you cannot be sure if you imagined it happening before or just think you did.
A complex topic for sure. We're all psychic to some degree.

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying in the highlighted?

Unless you're speaking of keeping daily journals to reference.

In my opinion its not an event already taken place, but similar to having a premonition thru dreamed experience of a future event, its held subconciously, not realized until the moment the event takes place.

Old 04-21-2012, 09:40 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,832,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
A complex topic for sure. We're all psychic to some degree.

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying in the highlighted?

Unless you're speaking of keeping daily journals to reference.

In my opinion its not an event already taken place, but similar to having a premonition thru dreamed experience of a future event, its held subconciously, not realized until the moment the event takes place.
Bolded ...I agree. I meant that you don't realize until the event happens that you "think" you foresaw it. Once it has occurred your mind could play tricks and you simply "think" you knew ahead of time.

Old 04-22-2012, 03:51 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,673,454 times
I have déjà vu now and then. In most cases I see or know what is going to happen seconds before it happens. So I'm watching it twice but with a slight delay between my 'vision' and the actual event.
It would go away when I said something so I stopped saying something to see if the feeling would continue after aknowledgement. When I said nothing, the feeling continued.
After I was able to let the feeling play out, I discovered a difference between some of them.
Some I knew where dreams, because I was able to recall the dream, that has a certain feel to it.
Other times, I'm not sure, but by looking at the event that is happening when deja vu happens, they tend to be more intense issues and not something so everyday.
So perhaps these déjà vu moments are not dream recall but something deeper, maybe related to a past life, has to do with a karmic lesson I've been revisiting until I get it right.

Old 04-22-2012, 08:03 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,570,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
I have déjà vu now and then. In most cases I see or know what is going to happen seconds before it happens. So I'm watching it twice but with a slight delay between my 'vision' and the actual event.
It would go away when I said something so I stopped saying something to see if the feeling would continue after aknowledgement. When I said nothing, the feeling continued.
After I was able to let the feeling play out, I discovered a difference between some of them.
Some I knew where dreams, because I was able to recall the dream, that has a certain feel to it.
Other times, I'm not sure, but by looking at the event that is happening when deja vu happens, they tend to be more intense issues and not something so everyday.
So perhaps these déjà vu moments are not dream recall but something deeper, maybe related to a past life, has to do with a karmic lesson I've been revisiting until I get it right.
It could also be a genetic imprint.
Quote:
Some researchers have theorized that genetic memories are encoded on the DNA helix within us, revealing experiences of generations of our relatives who lived long before our present time.

Old 04-22-2012, 09:03 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,178,983 times
Parallel Universes come to mind, & Michio Kaku explains it better than I ever could

What Is Déjà Vu? | Dr. Kaku's Universe | Big Think

Old 04-23-2012, 02:11 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
I believe that before your soul enters the physical realm on earth you are given a life overview of what will happen to you on earth - imagine viewing your entire life review on hyper fast forward, that's what you're shown before you get here.

And I believe that when you have a Deja vu, you're actually having one of the experiences you were shown before your spirit essence became human flesh. That's why it feels so familiar to you, as if you were supposed to have that experience and feeling at that very moment, it kinda lets you know your life is on track.

Just my opinion.

Old 04-23-2012, 10:04 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,250,958 times
My déjà vu experiences have been feeling as if I've been there, done that. It's always people or things within a few feet of me, not me specifically. Everything including furniture, colors, people (even though I've never seen them before), sounds, daylight, sunlight .... all of it familiar. Each of those times it has been nothing more than a daily routine with no negativity, but leaves me wondering if there was something I should have learned from the moments that would enhance my life or helped me to help someone else.

Old 04-23-2012, 12:55 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,673,454 times
Genetic imprint, I have considered that for I do believe that we hold memories of our ancestors.
That would explain my rebellious nature towards religion and the system. Part of my family tree has the Huguenots of France and the Mayflower Pilgrims. While still religious, both groups broke away from the mainstream because they wanted to be free to interpret spirituality in their own way.

LuckyGem, that too is another thing that I find as a possibility.
It could be that feelings of Deja vu are due to all of the above. We just don't know how to identify the source.

DallasKitty, that is a wonderful and perfect description of Deja Vu.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal