Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 04:13 PM

2,234 posts, read 3,302,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
Glad this got started, I was going to start one about 11:11 specifically because it has become quite the mystery and has tons of theories...from Angels to DNA activation.
And there is more than one book about it.

I think that many cases of frequent number sightings are a subconscious draw.
However, when numbers appear randomly and in places that are not clocks, or if it is a clock, the events leading up to the sighting was not some 'feeling' because it's close to that time...what I mean by that is a person looking at the clock at home, it's easy to see that they unconsciously looked at te right time. Now if that person is driving down the freeway and passes a big digital display clock on the side and they pass at 11:11, that's not them and the subconscious.

What is 11:11....I have a whole article I wrote about it. I will have to dig it up and share it when I find it. (three computers later, not sure where it could be).

I have had 11:11 with me since I was in Jr. High, so that is over 30 years now. It did not come to me by way of a clock either, at least not at first. My GS cadette troop # was 1111.
It would be a couple years later when my mom tells me about my step dad and a lunch visit with his brother. One looked at his watch and said 'oh, 11:11!' the other said 'I've been seeing that a lot' to which the reply was, 'so have I! That's why I said something, mostly to myself, but funny that you are seeing it too'

As the years progressed I would encounter many people and the same kind or scenario would unfold.
"you see it too!?"....
Most people say 'make a wish' but I think there is something much more to the number.
What exactly I don't know. But there some neat things that others have to say about it, and there are some really off the wall for even me to say 'maybe that's it'.

For right now, I just see the number as a reassurance that I am going the direction I am supposed to be going.

I went shopping a while back. When I got home I noticed that the pack of ground beef I got cost 11.11, the jelly I got is best used by 11/11/11, and there was one other thing, I can't recall, that had 11:11.
My wife has been seeing 11,11 all her adult life, very strange!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2012, 09:04 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,470,420 times
Ever heard, "Your elevens are up". It was a common phrase used around 1900. It meant, theres not a lot more time, a reference to the process of dying.

The number 11 in numerology is a master number, as is 22, 33 and 44. The numbers have greater potential and therefore, greater challenges.

I've always been fascinated by numbers and numerology, tho I'm no mathematician by any stretch.

I've been seeing number sequences like 11:11, 2:22 and many others for over 15 years, searching for the meaning and explanations of why and came to the conclusion the answer is different for each individual.

I can tell you this, it can be expanded upon, by placing meanings to any numbers you wish for extrasensory perception.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:29 AM

18,717 posts, read 30,983,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
Almost everyone in my family has birthdays that are divisable by 3. Exceipt my son and brother in law and they are the only 2 autisic people in the family. The birthdays are 12/12,12/24,6/9, and 6/18. Thiers are 8/3 and 2/13.
Interesting observation. All of my siblings and I have birthdays in which both the day and month are prime numbers. We've married spouses with birthdays in which both the day and month are even numbers. I kind of doubt it means anything, but fun to note.

Old 04-23-2012, 08:57 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,208,733 times
I never paid heed to number sequences but lately I have noticed a few strange coincidences.

My son topped off his gas tank before a trip out of town. His total, $6.66. He sent me a picture of the gas pump with the caption "LOL. Should I worry? ". The same day I went to Walmart, my total was $306.66.
My sister maintains that God is calling me back to the church, I think the universe is telling me to buy generic.

Our last two street addresses, our anniversary and our daughters birthday all break down to the number 1.

I'm not into numerology but this seems to happen a lot.

Old 04-23-2012, 10:16 AM

349 posts, read 614,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
I never paid heed to number sequences but lately I have noticed a few strange coincidences.

My son topped off his gas tank before a trip out of town. His total, $6.66. He sent me a picture of the gas pump with the caption "LOL. Should I worry? ". The same day I went to Walmart, my total was $306.66.
My sister maintains that God is calling me back to the church, I think the universe is telling me to buy generic.

Our last two street addresses, our anniversary and our daughters birthday all break down to the number 1.

I'm not into numerology but this seems to happen a lot.

...I laughed rather hard at the "buy generic" comment. Thanks for that

Old 04-23-2012, 12:43 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,642,288 times
Love your wit Pam....

11 master number represents balance, enlightenment, fulfillment, intuition, wisdom, among other things.

Old 04-23-2012, 05:52 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,917,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
Glad this got started, I was going to start one about 11:11 specifically because it has become quite the mystery and has tons of theories...from Angels to DNA activation.
And there is more than one book about it.

I think that many cases of frequent number sightings are a subconscious draw.
However, when numbers appear randomly and in places that are not clocks, or if it is a clock, the events leading up to the sighting was not some 'feeling' because it's close to that time...what I mean by that is a person looking at the clock at home, it's easy to see that they unconsciously looked at te right time. Now if that person is driving down the freeway and passes a big digital display clock on the side and they pass at 11:11, that's not them and the subconscious.

What is 11:11....I have a whole article I wrote about it. I will have to dig it up and share it when I find it. (three computers later, not sure where it could be).

I have had 11:11 with me since I was in Jr. High, so that is over 30 years now. It did not come to me by way of a clock either, at least not at first. My GS cadette troop # was 1111.
It would be a couple years later when my mom tells me about my step dad and a lunch visit with his brother. One looked at his watch and said 'oh, 11:11!' the other said 'I've been seeing that a lot' to which the reply was, 'so have I! That's why I said something, mostly to myself, but funny that you are seeing it too'

As the years progressed I would encounter many people and the same kind or scenario would unfold.
"you see it too!?"....
Most people say 'make a wish' but I think there is something much more to the number.
What exactly I don't know. But there some neat things that others have to say about it, and there are some really off the wall for even me to say 'maybe that's it'.

For right now, I just see the number as a reassurance that I am going the direction I am supposed to be going.

I went shopping a while back. When I got home I noticed that the pack of ground beef I got cost 11.11, the jelly I got is best used by 11/11/11, and there was one other thing, I can't recall, that had 11:11.
I don't think it necessarily means something good, since I had seen it during crappy times in my life, too.

I knew a guy who said that numbers came up in his life that added to 11.

To me, now, it's just an oddity. I have not read anything about it that really relates without stretching my credibility.

Old 04-24-2012, 08:16 AM

6,441 posts, read 5,235,172 times
11:11 entered my life last year. I'm not a clock watcher and currently working from home so keeping track of minutes or hours is not an issue. But the times I looked at a clock and saw 11:11 were exceptional. I didn't worry about it but had to notice. Maybe just a coincidence but more recently I'm not seeing 11:11 and I'm also in a better state of mind, all body parts and intellectual reasoning functioning just the way I like it -- meaning whatever shows up I'm handling it without distress, despair etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
There was a time in which others and myself were looking at the clock when 11:11 occurred, twice per day.

There were several explanations of it, and even a book written about it.

I think odd experiences are real and there is some explanation for them, but science has not yet progressed far enough to give us the answers.

I think people who get all dreamy and say it's angels are just running in the opposite direction from finding a solution and encouraging both charlatans to take advantage of them and providing a platform for skeptics to ridicule.

There was even a book written regarding 11:11.
The book proposed an alien connection. Some believe that the angels of yore were, in actuality, aliens.

Those who believe in angels should take a look at them in the bible. Some seemed not all that reputable, and that's in the books that were selected to be in the bible to maintain uniformity. One can only imagine what they left out.

Old 04-25-2012, 06:50 AM

24,606 posts, read 55,841,995 times
I always see 11:11, but I'm rational enough to know the real reason is that I take notice of that number. Think of the countless times you've glanced at the clock/watch and seen it 11:12, 11:47, 11:23, and you didn't think twice about it. It's only because 11:11 sticks out that you notice it.

Old 04-25-2012, 05:15 PM

569 posts, read 668,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjg5 View Post
I remember for years after 9/11, I ALWAYS seemed to glance at the clock right at 9:11 both morning and night. It was very strange. Sometimes I still catch the clock at 9:11. I think it is just coincidence though.
This happens to my husband ALL THE TIME! It isn't just the clock though. He will see it everywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal