Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 12:13 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,642,812 times

Advertisements

The idea behind 13 as unlucky comes from way back when business was not to be conducted on a Friday. Which evolved into the Friday the 13th thing and then the number alone ended up 'bad' somehow. On the contrary, a bakers dozen consists of 13, which is a good thing. If one of the rolls or muffins did not bake right, there was an extra to make a pretty dozen. Either way, there would be an extra something to eat, how is that bad?
I know there are those who also site the 12 apostles and Jesus being the 13th and 'looked what happened there' as well as the Knights Templar exicutions happening on a Friday the 13th. Things like this, I think many have evolved out of the more modern idea about a bad 13.
13 is a lovely number to me. My hubs and I became a pair on a Friday the 13th. I have good luck on those days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2013, 01:20 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,796,497 times
From my (limited) knowledge of Tarot, the Death card usually doesn't mean physical death. Rather, it's an indicator that something in your life is ending and you'll be transitioning into something new.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:08 PM

23,903 posts, read 32,215,880 times
You are correct, Dark; the Death card seldom portends physical death, unless other surrounding cards indicate that or the querent wanted to know about thar.

Standing alone, the Death card means the end of a matter. If something bad is ending, then it's a positive card.

IF the number 13 was trying to get my attention and direct me ro the tarot, that might make sense, because I'm a reader.
The Death card doesn't frighten me at all - there are far worse cards.

The end of a matter, does make semse because I am moving.

I always enjoyed vacations in PA but living here just did not work out.
Nothing horrible, but ir was almost as though everything took twice the energy it should have, things fell through at the last minute and like the children's book series basically "A Series of Unfortunate Events".

I am still not sure but perhaps the 13s are just confirming that it's time to get out of Dodge, so to speak.

If that is it, I am very ready for the end of the past three years.

Old 01-15-2013, 11:26 PM

8,358 posts, read 25,172,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark of the Moon View Post
One of my co-workers is always running into multiples of the number "2": she'll glance at the clock and it'll be 2:22, or she'll look at her car's odometer and the last three digits will be 222, or when she's travelling, the exit she needs turns out to be 22 or 222. She sees it so often, and has been seeing it for so long, that her car's vanity plate includes the number "22".

As for me, I see number sequences. I'm a restless sleeper and often wake up in the middle of the night to see that it's 1:23 or 3:45. During the day, I'll realize that it's 12:12 or 12:34, etc.

She thinks it might be "angel numbers" -- signs that spirits are watching. I think that, at least to some degree, we're aware of the time, but we're just not *aware* that we're aware of the time (if that makes sense). That we don't just randomly look up, our internal clock knows what the time is and pokes us to look when it knows it's one of these numbers.

Any thoughts?
I didn't read through this thread, so perhaps this has already been explained, but, you look at the clock numerous times thruought the day, perhaps hundreds. It only registers in your mind as odd when you see the specific numbers, that by way, you told yourself were odd.

Old 01-17-2013, 02:49 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,642,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark of the Moon View Post
From my (limited) knowledge of Tarot, the Death card usually doesn't mean physical death. Rather, it's an indicator that something in your life is ending and you'll be transitioning into something new.
Absolutly. Death is a transformational card. It is the cycle of life, what 'dies' becomes the food of growth and the future.
When the death card comes up in a reading, it speaks of change, something may have come to the end of its 'life' or it is a message saying 'out with the old, in with the new'. It is clearing out any deadwood in ones life.
If the card was in a reading for a business question it would represent cutting out products, services, or proceedures that no longer are useful.... Time for an overhaul.

Old 01-18-2013, 03:08 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,918,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I don't believe numbers have any significance in anything.
They are just numbers.
Somewhere in time, , perhaps with the begining of man inhabiting the earth, one person used rocks to keep some sort of count, and there in came the invention of numbers.
They only mean someting to those that believe they have some significance, which would have to be proven to me that they actually do.
As for them meaning some sort of time element by spirits, that is just absurd.
There is no time in the spirit world.
Bob.
Bob, I too have experienced this 11:11 phenomena. I looked for some significance and found none. No special event occurring in my life, no special thoughts running in my head, nothing special in the news. I read a book which claimed some higher vibrational thing going on, but for me it was all hokum. I think the cosmos has an active sense of humor.

Old 03-06-2013, 12:37 PM

149 posts, read 342,332 times
So many interesting comments on this subject.I looked into this a little last year,because of the same type of exp.I was born on 12/29/1963 Ive had a very strange life in many ways,any ideas if my birthdate has something to do with?

Old 03-06-2013, 02:27 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,056,048 times
ok. I just meant to read this long thread and the strangest thing happened. There are 3 numbers that follow me throughout my life. One of them is 86, comes up less than the other 2. Anyways, I'm thinking about this because I saw the 86 yesterday and I associate it with money luck because when the first time it started following me around about 20 years ago, that is what it symbolized to me and I did have luck with money. Yesterday I lucked into some money too. So I thought let me google angel number 86. Here's what it said :
"Let go of any material concerns in your thoughts, you can expect new and surprising financial injection arranged by Higher Powers and fueled by your strong intentions. Express your gratitude for all the gifts and blessings you are receiving. They are offered to you to help you keep up good work"
Can't honestly say there is something to the numbers, I guess I'm a natural born skeptic, but this is an odd coincidence wouldn't you say?

Old 04-21-2015, 08:26 PM

1 posts, read 640 times
Default Numbers and Angels

Okay.....growing up with a clairvoyant mom, and having children that are psychic, I have always been very welcoming to signs from the other side of the veil.

The number thing with me started about 18 months ago. I have a very dear friend who is psychic and one day out of nowhere she told me to watch numbers. Patterns, specifically, and that when patterns repeated themselves, they were messages from angels.

So I started paying attention, and I have to tell you, I am blown away by the amount of communication from the other side that is so pertinent and guiding. "They" communicate with us constantly, and once you know and "get it", and they realize that you understand that they are communicating with us, that's when it really becomes more intense...

It's fascinating and beautiful.

The number 1 is a constant pretty much in most peoples lives.....you will notice that when you look at the clock, almost always at the time there is an 11. 211, 3:11, 4:11, ETC, ETC........It goes on all the time for me...it's uncanny and I absolutely LOVE IT! Basically the number one is a number that tells you to think positive, because it will produce positive results.......Law of Attraction, absolutely!

Old 04-21-2015, 09:14 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,797,254 times
I realize this is an old thread but it is bumped. Mine is 3 or double digits of 3.

3:33, 3:13, 3:31- for a clock, addresses are always double digit of three

My numerology number is a nine. I generally do not see 11. Nine divided by three =3.

Double/triple threes for me.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal