Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2012, 10:34 AM

11,151 posts, read 15,787,591 times

Advertisements

One of my co-workers is always running into multiples of the number "2": she'll glance at the clock and it'll be 2:22, or she'll look at her car's odometer and the last three digits will be 222, or when she's travelling, the exit she needs turns out to be 22 or 222. She sees it so often, and has been seeing it for so long, that her car's vanity plate includes the number "22".

As for me, I see number sequences. I'm a restless sleeper and often wake up in the middle of the night to see that it's 1:23 or 3:45. During the day, I'll realize that it's 12:12 or 12:34, etc.

She thinks it might be "angel numbers" -- signs that spirits are watching. I think that, at least to some degree, we're aware of the time, but we're just not *aware* that we're aware of the time (if that makes sense). That we don't just randomly look up, our internal clock knows what the time is and pokes us to look when it knows it's one of these numbers.

Any thoughts?
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2012, 11:29 AM

74 posts, read 229,982 times
I'm not sure about any of it. But since I was a kid I seemed to always glance at the clock at 7:17.

Old 04-22-2012, 12:15 PM

3,721 posts, read 7,791,955 times
I remember for years after 9/11, I ALWAYS seemed to glance at the clock right at 9:11 both morning and night. It was very strange. Sometimes I still catch the clock at 9:11. I think it is just coincidence though.

Old 04-22-2012, 12:54 PM

23,878 posts, read 32,156,993 times
I am not sure what to make of it, but I certainly have experienced it.
Honestly, I don't know what to make of it.

It could be, as Dark said that we are subconsciously aware of the time, and of times that are significant to us personally. I will frequently glance at a clock at 5:12 PM. I was born then.

I really don't know about Angel numbers. Never heard of that theory.

I have noticed some patterns with numbers in my own life, not always having to do with time. Many people in my life tend to be born on certain days. Both of my children were born on the 10th, I have lived a number of places and there are many with the number "3" involved.
My husband and I both started life in homes with a 46 address.

I know a bit about numerology, but these were not numbers that I chose. They just happened.

I'd love to know someone else's take on all of this.

Old 04-22-2012, 01:24 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,905,983 times
There was a time in which others and myself were looking at the clock when 11:11 occurred, twice per day.

There were several explanations of it, and even a book written about it.

I think odd experiences are real and there is some explanation for them, but science has not yet progressed far enough to give us the answers.

I think people who get all dreamy and say it's angels are just running in the opposite direction from finding a solution and encouraging both charlatans to take advantage of them and providing a platform for skeptics to ridicule.

There was even a book written regarding 11:11.
The book proposed an alien connection. Some believe that the angels of yore were, in actuality, aliens.

Those who believe in angels should take a look at them in the bible. Some seemed not all that reputable, and that's in the books that were selected to be in the bible to maintain uniformity. One can only imagine what they left out.

Old 04-22-2012, 03:08 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,635,424 times
Glad this got started, I was going to start one about 11:11 specifically because it has become quite the mystery and has tons of theories...from Angels to DNA activation.
And there is more than one book about it.

I think that many cases of frequent number sightings are a subconscious draw.
However, when numbers appear randomly and in places that are not clocks, or if it is a clock, the events leading up to the sighting was not some 'feeling' because it's close to that time...what I mean by that is a person looking at the clock at home, it's easy to see that they unconsciously looked at te right time. Now if that person is driving down the freeway and passes a big digital display clock on the side and they pass at 11:11, that's not them and the subconscious.

What is 11:11....I have a whole article I wrote about it. I will have to dig it up and share it when I find it. (three computers later, not sure where it could be).

I have had 11:11 with me since I was in Jr. High, so that is over 30 years now. It did not come to me by way of a clock either, at least not at first. My GS cadette troop # was 1111.
It would be a couple years later when my mom tells me about my step dad and a lunch visit with his brother. One looked at his watch and said 'oh, 11:11!' the other said 'I've been seeing that a lot' to which the reply was, 'so have I! That's why I said something, mostly to myself, but funny that you are seeing it too'

As the years progressed I would encounter many people and the same kind or scenario would unfold.
"you see it too!?"....
Most people say 'make a wish' but I think there is something much more to the number.
What exactly I don't know. But there some neat things that others have to say about it, and there are some really off the wall for even me to say 'maybe that's it'.

For right now, I just see the number as a reassurance that I am going the direction I am supposed to be going.

I went shopping a while back. When I got home I noticed that the pack of ground beef I got cost 11.11, the jelly I got is best used by 11/11/11, and there was one other thing, I can't recall, that had 11:11.

Old 04-22-2012, 03:24 PM

3,392 posts, read 3,428,429 times
Almost everyone in my family has birthdays that are divisable by 3. Exceipt my son and brother in law and they are the only 2 autisic people in the family. The birthdays are 12/12,12/24,6/9, and 6/18. Thiers are 8/3 and 2/13.

Old 04-22-2012, 04:40 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,635,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
Almost everyone in my family has birthdays that are divisable by 3. Exceipt my son and brother in law and they are the only 2 autisic people in the family. The birthdays are 12/12,12/24,6/9, and 6/18. Thiers are 8/3 and 2/13.
That is really interesting! What an observation!

Old 04-22-2012, 04:46 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,249,715 times
I often get it but a colleague and I were commenting on it about a year ago.

I always get 11.11 or 3.33

she was only getting 1s.

She thought it was her younger brother who had died of lung cancer.

Six months later she was diagnosed with bowel cancer herself which she had been ingnoring for 6 months.

Old 04-22-2012, 05:09 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,878,856 times
There is a lot of information on this topic on the internet.

I believe it is a vibrational calibration . . .the numbers are your wake-up call, so to speak, or to show you you are on the right track . . . you are resonating with a numerical vibration is how I understand it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal