U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 12:15 PM

2,759 posts, read 3,650,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
Tell that to the ghosts that have lived in the houses I have lived in. Tell that to my dog ghost...granted she was a B....but not a demon, that's my cat...who is still alive.
I had one ghost retrieve an item that someone took from my house without permission (stolen). If he was not friendly, why would he have helped me.
I've never had any issues or bad happenings that came from coexisting with a ghost.
(Casper is fictitious, using him as an example does not count)
That's good.

BTW, Casper still counts if I say he does - and I do.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2012, 12:42 PM

12,408 posts, read 17,485,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
When the disciples saw Jesus walking on the sea toward their boat, they thought he was a ghost. He said "I am not a ghost." He could have said "There's no such thing as ghosts." but he didn't. Regrettably, He didn't say any more on the subject that might explain what ghosts are. They absolutely exist.
Since our bible was compiled by Catholics of long ago, and they selected a bunch of books to put in it that would deliver the uniform message that they thought correct, we really have no idea what additional lessons Jesus might have given his followers, do we?

We do know that Jesus was a Jew. Jews do have mystical teachings that were probably around in His time. Hassidic Jews still believe in reincarnation. The idea that Jesus could have been acquainted with and believed in such ideas is not far fetched.

Old 04-22-2012, 01:03 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,112,719 times
A ghost or some kind of apparition visited me two nights ago. I don't know who or what it was, but he was friendly. I did not feel the least bit scared. It was a really unusual experience and has never happened to me before. It was a young man. I couldn't really see his face and I didn't talk to him. I reached out to touch him and he moved back a bit and then just "stood" there, hovering over the end of my bed. When he left, he just sort of dissipated like a cloud. And he was white and misty like a cloud.

If he comes back, I am going to ask him who he is.

Old 04-22-2012, 01:27 PM

3,751 posts, read 6,799,894 times
Can't wait for a report back! How brave to have reached out to him. I was not so brave with my first encounter because of the spooky feeling I had was unsettling. But once I pushed that aside, I did talk to it. In short, I told it 'your freaking me out, I'll coexist with you, just don't be creepy'.
He left my room after that, but many things happened afterwards that where not creepy, he minded his manners and pretty much did his thing without getting in the way. All except for always opening a door in the garage all the time. Not creepy, just annoying....for my step dad.

Old 04-22-2012, 02:07 PM

4,486 posts, read 4,755,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda120 View Post
I think ghosts are demons (appearing as "ghosts").
There's no such thing as a "friendly ghost" (i.e., Casper). They may seem friendly, but if/when your gut tells you otherwise, get rid of the damn ghost.
I beg to differ.

Sure, there are spirits who are just plain wicked. Guess what? They were the same way when they were alive.

I agree with OwlKaMyst, the majority of spirits surrounding us are benevolent, many of them are our loved ones both human and animal.

In my opinion, demons are just fairy tale inventions designed by the religious to help control the masses.

Old 04-22-2012, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Ghost has become a term used for any sort of sighting, apparition or event that has not logical Explination.
But a ghost is actually specific to one who was once upon this earth and now has passed on.
There are different kinds of ghosts as well, interactive and passive. Interactive is what most of us encounter, and the passive are the hauntings that are energy impression, for example, the line of soldiers that march through a field at exactly the same time every day/year, what ever.
Then there are things that are unseen that are not human or animal. Spirit energies, as you say, some call them fairies, others call them Elementals, demons, what ever.
I have seen a black fog that was about the size of a large rabbit scurry along the edge of the walls of my house. Not a ghost, but some sort of spirit or being that is vibrating on a different level.

That's how I make sense of it, break it down so these things can be anylized and what not.
It could have been an elemental.

They're nature spirits.

Old 04-22-2012, 02:25 PM

That's what I was thinking. They were funny to watch scurry along the wall's edge and utilizing the shadows. One time it looked like one was trying to be extra sly, and I said 'I see you!' and it scurried back the way it came. Never saw them again after that.
The house I was in at the time had a lot of activity, not just my house but the house next door and the house behind us. No ghosts ever though.

Old 04-22-2012, 02:31 PM

222 posts, read 492,530 times
Quote:
That's what I was thinking. They were funny to watch scurry along the wall's edge and utilizing the shadows. One time it looked like one was trying to be extra sly, and I said 'I see you!' and it scurried back the way it came. Never saw them again after that.
The house I was in at the time had a lot of activity, not just my house but the house next door and the house behind us. No ghosts ever though.
Right. This is the sort of thing I'm talking about in the OP. The people who insist that every spirit is a dead human can't really explain something like this, which doesn't mimic human behavior at all. It's acting more like an animal. Like a playful pet. And the Christians who say that every spirit is a "demon from hell!!!!!!!!!" seem to come up short too in this and most other areas of the paranormal. So that's why I think "spirits" are not dead humans and not "demons," but are simply other types of life that aren't biological. Energy beings. Things that exist at a different vibration. Whatever.

Old 04-22-2012, 03:10 PM

We need a CD dictionary of terms for this forum
That way we can try to be somewhat on the same page so when new people begin to frequent this area, we don't have to go through the same explanations over and over.

It's like the pigeon and dove debate...
Ghosts are spirits, but not all spirits are ghosts.
Problem is both ghost and spirit has been used interchangeably which is ok to an extent.
But like you say, there are other things that go bump in the night that are not dead people lost between realms.

Old 04-22-2012, 03:44 PM

Quote:
We need a CD dictionary of terms for this forum
That way we can try to be somewhat on the same page so when new people begin to frequent this area, we don't have to go through the same explanations over and over.

It's like the pigeon and dove debate...
Ghosts are spirits, but not all spirits are ghosts.
Problem is both ghost and spirit has been used interchangeably which is ok to an extent.
But like you say, there are other things that go bump in the night that are not dead people lost between realms.
I can't post a link to save my life but mysticalblaze.com has a pretty good paranormal glossary.

If somebody wants to post a link to it (hint hint ) I would be grateful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal