Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 10:10 AM

222 posts, read 550,266 times

Advertisements

Here's something I don't tell a lot of people: I once saw a ghost.

That's right. A ghost.

It was a black silhouette of a humanoid form. I only saw it for a second. It was after I had been experiencing strange things in my apartment for awhile, including the TV turning itself off. My ex-girlfriend saw it too in her old apartment on the same floor of the building. She not only saw the same thing, before I did, but it tried to open the bathroom door while she was inside.

I have friends who have seen ghosts too. My guess is that everyone does. A lot of ghost stories are just tall tales. But a few of them are true. I used to think that ghosts are dead people, and that the few ghost stories that are actually true are stories of people trying to "cross over" or whatever. Other people, especially religious people, claim that ghosts are "demons." The ancients used to say that ghosts are faeries or gnomes or goblins. Each culture has a different explanation for ghosts.

But what if ghosts aren't any of those things? What if they aren't dead humans, and what if they aren't some creature that can be found on True Blood? What if they are, in fact, highly evolved life forms that are so much more evolved than we humans that we can't perceive them with our five senses? What if they're living things that are made out of pure energy?

Here's a good analogy. A friend of mine has a dog. She says that the dog considers itself part of the "pack," the pack being her family. The dog has decided that his owner is the "alpha dog" in the pack. The dog essentially has decided that because this is another intelligent being that takes care of it and orders it around, then it must be another dog. Similarly, we humans see a shadowy figure that kind of looks like a person, and we decide it must be a dead human stuck here on earth.

But in both cases, both the dog and the human are limited to their own ability to perceive. The dog just can't imagine that there are other life forms out there that are more highly evolved than it, that would choose to interact with it and make it into a "pet." Similarly, we humans decide that every seemingly intelligent life form MUST be human in some way. It either is human now, or it used to be human, we think. But why does that have to be true? What if these ghosts that everyone kind of knows exist are actually life forms that are way, way more evolved than us? And just like the dog can't quite figure out what to make of us humans, we humans can't quite figure out what to make of these "ghosts" when they interact with us.

Just food for thought on a lazy Sunday afternoon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2012, 10:17 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,838,057 times
No. I believe what the religious people believe.
If you get a bad feeling about something,usually its true,that something is bad.
Animals,esp cats and dogs,seem to sense a ghost better than we do.

Old 04-22-2012, 10:37 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,491,785 times
Google "shadow people" or "shadow spirits.". Evidently, many people have seen what you have described. I have no opinion on it, but there are many discussions online about the subject.

Old 04-22-2012, 10:48 AM

1,959 posts, read 3,101,622 times
It's possible perhaps when we 'see' or feel ghosts, we are seeing into another dimension. I always wonder if they are as startled (afraid) of us, as we are of them.

Old 04-22-2012, 10:51 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,672,460 times
Ghost has become a term used for any sort of sighting, apparition or event that has not logical Explination.
But a ghost is actually specific to one who was once upon this earth and now has passed on.
There are different kinds of ghosts as well, interactive and passive. Interactive is what most of us encounter, and the passive are the hauntings that are energy impression, for example, the line of soldiers that march through a field at exactly the same time every day/year, what ever.
Then there are things that are unseen that are not human or animal. Spirit energies, as you say, some call them fairies, others call them Elementals, demons, what ever.
I have seen a black fog that was about the size of a large rabbit scurry along the edge of the walls of my house. Not a ghost, but some sort of spirit or being that is vibrating on a different level.

That's how I make sense of it, break it down so these things can be anylized and what not.

Old 04-22-2012, 10:51 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
u r shortchanging dogs.
he is the alpha dog-- u feed and take care of him.
as to ghosts not everybody sees them. lots of explanations on who and what they are, just like flying saucers.

Old 04-22-2012, 11:11 AM

2,757 posts, read 4,001,235 times
I think ghosts are demons (appearing as "ghosts").
There's no such thing as a "friendly ghost" (i.e., Casper). They may seem friendly, but if/when your gut tells you otherwise, get rid of the damn ghost.

Old 04-22-2012, 11:18 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,196,724 times
When the disciples saw Jesus walking on the sea toward their boat, they thought he was a ghost. He said "I am not a ghost." He could have said "There's no such thing as ghosts." but he didn't. Regretably, He didn't say any more on the subject that might explain what ghosts are. They absolutely exist.

Old 04-22-2012, 12:05 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,672,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda120 View Post
I think ghosts are demons (appearing as "ghosts").
There's no such thing as a "friendly ghost" (i.e., Casper). They may seem friendly, but if/when your gut tells you otherwise, get rid of the damn ghost.
Tell that to the ghosts that have lived in the houses I have lived in. Tell that to my dog ghost...granted she was a B....but not a demon, that's my cat...who is still alive.
I had one ghost retrieve an item that someone took from my house without permission (stolen). If he was not friendly, why would he have helped me.
I've never had any issues or bad happenings that came from coexisting with a ghost.
(Casper is fictitious, using him as an example does not count)

Old 04-22-2012, 12:05 PM

24,118 posts, read 32,468,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
Ghost has become a term used for any sort of sighting, apparition or event that has not logical Explination.
But a ghost is actually specific to one who was once upon this earth and now has passed on.
There are different kinds of ghosts as well, interactive and passive. Interactive is what most of us encounter, and the passive are the hauntings that are energy impression, for example, the line of soldiers that march through a field at exactly the same time every day/year, what ever.
Then there are things that are unseen that are not human or animal. Spirit energies, as you say, some call them fairies, others call them Elementals, demons, what ever.
I have seen a black fog that was about the size of a large rabbit scurry along the edge of the walls of my house. Not a ghost, but some sort of spirit or being that is vibrating on a different level.

That's how I make sense of it, break it down so these things can be anylized and what not.
This explains it well. People call many phenomena "ghosts" when in fact they are something else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal