Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2015, 04:06 AM

4 posts, read 3,380 times

Advertisements

I become paralyzed before going to sleep sometimes. I get a feeling inside me and I know it is going to happen soon. Shivers thinking about it. It feels like my skin is made of stone. My muscles work just fine. I can flex them as hard as I can but I don't move. When laying on my back I can make myself rock side to side to kind of help fight against it. I can breath just fine but I can't move my lips. So asking for help sounds like I had been to a dentist. To get out of it I move a finger which gives access to be able to move my wrist. Then I can move my elbow. By then I am no longer paralyzed but if I don't get up right away I lose all of that progress and have to start over.

I am afraid of what comes after paralysis if I don't fight it. I get a vibration in my body, fast heart rate, floating or sinking feeling, lights like I am being wheeled on a bed down a hallway, alarm sounds, then I am out of my body. I can feel my heart beating, the temperature of air on my skin, myself breathing, and the blankets rubbing against my skin with each breath all the while staring at my own body. I know this isn't fake because I could do right now within 5 minutes not that I want to. It's mainly the fast heart rate that scares me. Being out of my body feels completely natural.

The first time I became paralyzed I was maybe 10 sitting up at the edge of the bed watching black and white Godzilla. I thought I was being possessed at the time. Did research on sleep paralysis and learned about Chakras and astral projection. Did the chakra work. Probably around age 14 had my first astral projection. It felt like I was on training wheels because I was learning how to move for the first time. It isn't put left leg then right. It was will it to happen. I hadn't learned that yet and I floated up from my basement room to the main floor in the living room and heard my parents conversation. Next day I ask if they had a conversation about something I no longer remember and their movements. Got the confirmation it wasn't a dream.

I feel like I am lucky and should gain experiences from this but fear kicks in when my heart races. I haven't measured it but I do know what 145 beats per minute feels like and it's in that range. Some texts say that it's not actually beating that fast. It is the heart chakra. I wish a doctor would hook me up with anything and everything form a heart monitor to brain waves and get all the data possible. It would be nice to know I am not crazy, see some proof, and get passed that fear to start enjoying what have while I can. I wish I knew someone in real life who experiences the same thing. It's probably more likely someone has mental issues or is telling a fake story for attention then has this happen to them. But to get some sort of proof recorded would make me feel great. Just reassure me I am not making this up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2020, 05:39 AM

290 posts, read 164,702 times
I sometimes not often get sleep paralysis. I had it this morning. I usually only get it when I'm really tired. Most times I cannot move and I feel a dark presence beside me. Today I did feel a touch on my back but no dark presence but I did think as I struggled to keep my eyes open that I was about to pass on but even in my state I knew this was just possibly the sleep paralysis thing happening again . What got me about today is I just keep hearing a loud noise like a motorbike revving, or a hand tool revving. On other occasions or at least the last time few months back now I had sleep paralysis I remember listening to a song or I was hearing a song I sometimes listen too but all in my imagination.

Sleep paralysis can be a bit weird and scary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal