Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 10:21 AM

430 posts, read 1,192,473 times

Advertisements

I used to have the experiences a lot. Like everyone else I was completely numb with terror. But my experiences were a little different, because I would have spontaneous bouts of this vibration feeling throughout my body while in sleep paralysis. I could hear and feel it. One time a couple of years ago, the sleep paralysis vibrations were making me loose sleep, until I had enough of the BS that was happening to me.

I feel into the sleep paralysis vibration and woke up around 1:00 a.m. I told myself "F$#K fighting this crap, whats the worst that can happen!?" I went back to sleep and the vibrations got extremely loud and violent. It felt like an earthquake within my body. Then outta nowhere, it stopped. My body felt as if it had no weight to it, I was still conscious and I decided to stick around to see what'll happen. Abstract images began forming to my left and right and a dream land was formed before me. Since I was conscious of my dream everything looked hyper-real.

I know use SP to get into dreams lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2012, 05:54 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Miaugie View Post
I used to have the experiences a lot. Like everyone else I was completely numb with terror. But my experiences were a little different, because I would have spontaneous bouts of this vibration feeling throughout my body while in sleep paralysis. I could hear and feel it. One time a couple of years ago, the sleep paralysis vibrations were making me loose sleep, until I had enough of the BS that was happening to me.

I feel into the sleep paralysis vibration and woke up around 1:00 a.m. I told myself "F$#K fighting this crap, whats the worst that can happen!?" I went back to sleep and the vibrations got extremely loud and violent. It felt like an earthquake within my body. Then outta nowhere, it stopped. My body felt as if it had no weight to it, I was still conscious and I decided to stick around to see what'll happen. Abstract images began forming to my left and right and a dream land was formed before me. Since I was conscious of my dream everything looked hyper-real.

I know use SP to get into dreams lol.
We are all just molecules vibrating.

Old 05-28-2012, 02:18 AM

6,948 posts, read 6,872,488 times
Again the occult books say that the vibrations are the start of OOB travel for some people which is why you found yourself out and able to move around consciously after they stopped and your etheric body became disengaged from your physical. They say that your body is attached to your astral body (ghost-like body vehicle) by a cord of etheric matter. Attached to the solar plexus I believe. The Bible has stuff about it too but it was so long since I read that that I have forgotten where or what it said.

If it helps, they say that you can imagine yourself back in body and 'reel yourself in'. Put the thought out there that you want to be back in your physical body. See if that works?

The etheric silver cord is supposed to be able to extend as far as it needs to and is always connected to your physical body as long as you are alive. Basically, it seems that the 'death process' involves the cutting of this etheric cord which attaches to your physical. "The Tibetan book of the dead" is supposed to document the death process rather well, but I have not read it. I am sure there are translations out there though if anyone wants to.

I have had times when I return to my body so violently that the whole bed shakes with a violent TWITCH, but it is not so much a twitch but almost as if I have been dropped from about 2 feet in the air. It feels like that. Of course I know what a normal twitch feels like when you are dropping off to sleep and I have had large one of these too, but nothing like these major ones which feel like being dropped from above. They dont happen very often though.

I think anyone who is having trouble with this kind of thing should read some of the occult literature (occult = "hidden knowledge") and find out more about what is going on. The Golden Dawn and some of the societies have books and books on this stuff as they were really into doing astral projection so they are the ones who documented it all. You dont have to join these societies or agree with their agendas to use the information they produce and personally, I am not sure they are following a path that I wish to follow.

Generally though, it seems you have to go through other lower dimensions where, as some of us on this thread have found out, there are lower entities who want to mess with us. Like any illness or unpleasant condition, it is really better to learn more about it so that you are informed and can make better choices rather than contiuing to suffer like some people are doing.

Unfortunately, religions only "demonise" the whole process and do not explain properly the safety issues and dangers. This would be a more positive way to deal with the whole issue. Oh well...

Old 05-28-2012, 09:52 AM

2,949 posts, read 5,499,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I do not think that the body stops moving just because we are asleep, does i?. All I know is that anyone I have ever slept with in the same bed has always twitched and moved their legs and arms whle they were asleep. Who do you know who is paralysed when they are falling asleep or when they are dreaming?
It is a scientific fact that the body goes through sleep paralysis during the REM stage of sleep. They have done sleep and dream studies on it. Some people may have muscle twitches or move a little as they are falling into a light sleep or coming out of a deeper sleep. But when you are in deep REM sleep your body shuts down. It`s natures way of keeping the body from acting out your dreams.I believe I read that it is some type of chemical in the brain that effects the portion that controls movement. Obviously there are a few exceptions to this and I forget what that disorder is called. But those people flail about acting out their dreams. There have even been cases where they hit, kick, and even choke their spouses during sleep. I believe there is video of these studies on youtube. It is rare but it does happen. So that is why you can`t move during these events. Your body is going through normal sleep paralysis but your mind has partially come to a conscious state. This has happened to me only one time in my life and it was indeed unsettling. They say almost everyone will experience it at least once in their life.

Old 05-28-2012, 02:46 PM

2,070 posts, read 2,161,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Actually, I think a lot more people are psychic than we think. The time when we are just falling asleep and the time when we are just waking up is the "in between state' and may be when we can feel these other entities. Not all are going to be our own astral body and some really are going to other entities . If you believe this kind of thing, then they have to "live" somewhere - why not in the same space as we do but in a different dimension/spacetime/ or whatever. If so then this is the reason why we cannot normally see or feel them except when we are super sensitive at those times.
I really do believe you're right about more people being psychic now. I have also had an experience similar to the OP's. I had been asleep for sometime and woke up for some reason. I couldn't move my arms or legs and I thought it was so strange and I was scared out of my wits. Then I heard a buzzing noise, like a bee, and I had a sensation of falling out of bed. When I got the guts to open my eyes, I lifted my arms and legs and everything was back to normal.

I believe that this was an experience of my spirit body having come back from an astral trip to the spirit world. Not sure why I woke up, but from what I understand, when we dream, that's what we do.

It's really amazing just how close the spirit world is to the earth, as it seems to be right on top of it.

Old 05-29-2012, 09:01 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,872,488 times
Quote:
It is a scientific fact that the body goes through sleep paralysis during the REM stage of sleep. They have done sleep and dream studies on it. Some people may have muscle twitches or move a little as they are falling into a light sleep or coming out of a deeper sleep. But when you are in deep REM sleep your body shuts down. It`s natures way of keeping the body from acting out your dreams.I believe I read that it is some type of chemical in the brain that effects the portion that controls movement....
Some references would be good which mention that science can measure that people who are in this state are unable to move.

I have no doubt that in various deeper states of sleep our bodies shut down to a minimum, but I do not think that science can yet measure what we are feeling. Movement is a function of the brain and then muscles, and paralysis is (I assume) the signals not getting from the brain to the muscles of the body.

Who knows what we are feeling and whether we want to move our body but cannot. I am afraid that I will need more information on this before I accept your "scientific fact" that the body goes through sleep paralysis during REM sleep, and I would also be interested to know how science can determine what we want to do with our body when we are in that in-between state.

Old 05-29-2012, 10:19 PM

1,959 posts, read 3,101,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
We are all just molecules vibrating.
You know what I think? Because we ARE molecules vibrating, and there is a great deal of space between molecules, I think we can blend into other beings and mix our molecules and that is how we "feel" other people, creatures, etc. It's done not only on the molecular level, and with the protons, etc, quarks, but probably with even smaller bits. Don't you ever feel like you are a part of someone else???

Old 05-29-2012, 10:34 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times
^ Yes I think we've someone lost some of that telepathic ability. It's not naturally 'supernatural', just something we don't understand because we've forgotten.

Interesting theory LivingDeadGirl...I don't know if I've literally felt part of someone else, but sometimes I've felt we shared the same mind, and we can communicate with mere thoughts. I feel that way about a close friend in the US I mainly communicate with on the internet.

Old 05-31-2012, 04:15 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,664,027 times
My husband was telling me the other day, that he had sleep paralysis,and didn`t want to tell me for fear that it would scare me.
He said that he heard a loud noise that was almost a growling, scary sound, and he saw a figure that someone would think was the devil, with straggly arms, and very ugly. He said that he was being choked, then he woke up, and at that point was afraid to go back to sleep.

Old 05-31-2012, 05:15 PM

1,084 posts, read 2,477,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
My husband was telling me the other day, that he had sleep paralysis,and didn`t want to tell me for fear that it would scare me.
He said that he heard a loud noise that was almost a growling, scary sound, and he saw a figure that someone would think was the devil, with straggly arms, and very ugly. He said that he was being choked, then he woke up, and at that point was afraid to go back to sleep.
^ Lol. That happened to me too. One night, I felt a 'flutter' at my feet as if someone kept dropping piles of paper lightly on them. It sounded like falling paper/wings beating too. I could hear voices in the hallway that sounded like my family members loudly talking to each other while they were returning to their rooms, but I knew it couldn't be them because they wouldn't be up so early. I knew something wasn't right, but I was too chicken to open my eyes and see what was there and pretended to still be sleeping. Then all of a sudden, I 'see' a white cloud/mist up in my face and felt as if I was being choked. I forced myself to 'wake' up and stayed awake for a few minutes before falling back asleep.

I told my cousin this and she thought I was crazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal