Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 05:41 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,325,741 times

Advertisements

I think these paralysis entities are bi-sexual or something...

They really need to get a life and leave us humans alone...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2012, 06:21 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
You just won me over with this...I love Bugs Bunny and this is one of my favorites.

As to the OP, yes, I have, one time.

I was actually in the military in my barracks room. We had been playing with the Ouiji board for a few months and had some strange things happen so without getting in to too many details, I will say it was definitely paranormal.

The short version is, I woke up and could not move. I could not fricken move. I felt a very heavy weight on me and I was scared ****less. I was very awake.

Just when I was getting ready to go in to full panic mode, I felt a swirling in my stomach, something hot, and then I felt it shoot up through me and out the top of my head.

As soon as it did that, there was a knock on my door from a fellow soldier. This was a soldier I had played the board with.

I got up to answer the door and could still feel my head tingling.

I do not ever want to go through that again and left the board alone for quite some time after that.

I don't tell that to a lot of people because, as you said, people think you're fricken nuts or try to explain it all away with logic. I'm the first one to try to explain it all away with logic and some things...you just can't.

This was not my only paranormal experience, but it is the only time I was "paralyzed" upon waking.

Old 05-19-2012, 07:43 AM

6,948 posts, read 6,874,954 times
Some of this stuff does sound a bit like an invasion of your personal space.

Without getting too wierd, many people are wide open to other entities getting into their energy fields and pulling our strings like we were a puppet.

If you are religious you would probably call them demons, but thats just a name that the religious folk like to use. Basically, they are people who like to mess with us and for people who get that stuff, it may be a good idea to learn some kind of way to protect yourself from these beings. It definitely is not a good idea to put up with it I reckon, and if anyone gets humped, then that is just as much a violation as it would be if they were in body. I mean - why would you put up with that?

If you believe in alien abductions, this is how they do it - by moving into our energy fields and manipulating things there which make us unable to resist like some people have reported in this thread. There are really too many reports to say that everyone who reports being abducted is imagining it.

Some people say that 2012 brings a great deal of bad stuff to our part of the Universe and if even half of it has any basis in truth, then we are in deep, deep doo-doo. If it is somewhat true, then we can expect a lot more of these violations of our personal space as we move into 2013. If, on the other hand, it is nothing more than the millenium computer bug fear then we have nothing to worry about.

If you want to hedge your bets, I would still learn a few protection techniques just in case, and I suppose if you are religious, then calling on your highest helper would probably help to block out the fear too.

Old 05-19-2012, 08:51 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,087,283 times
I have had it since I was a teen, and yes it must be more common than I thought. Scary? definately

There is a simple explanation for it. Think of it as being that your mind wakes up but your body does not. Your body is still asleep, but your mind is awake, so you can hear things going on around you...the TV, radio, people tlaking in another room, the clock chimes.....
IF someone touches you (As I found) During one of these epiodes, you will awaken quickly and normally

My wife has gotten used to the fact that sometimes I have sleep disturbances, if she hears me moaning or breathing hard then she will wake me up.

Old 05-20-2012, 06:06 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,932,122 times
I suffer from sleep paralysis on an all to regular basis. I have since I was small. Each is terrifying. Most times, I am fully aware I am having an episode of it. For example, mine typically involve me being able to see myself asleep, in my bed and in my room, with my wife next to me. As I watch myself sleep, I'll see various horrifying entities enter the room and either try to harm me or my wife. I then realize I need to get my wife to wake me up. (With sleep paralysis you can't really wake yourself up, you are 'paralyzed'. This is the case with me. I need to be physically touched to wake up. One can be next to me yelling at me and I won't awake, but I'll hear them just fine. I'm just 'trapped'. After I wake I can tell the people exactly what they were saying to me. )

Anyway, so I realize I need to get my wife to wake me to stop this terrifying experience. So I'll attempt to verbalize something, yell, whatever. Since I'm watching myself sleep, I'll see my mouth opening, and in my dream I'll be calling her name. These entities will by then take a hold of me and attempt to choke me and prevent me from breathing. I start gasping, it feels like I am actually choking. I try with all might to make noise, but I can't move. THen I see my wife wake up, reach over and shake me. Then I wake up with her shaking me and I'm usually gasping and sweaty.

Most of mine follow this 'out of body' type scenario where I see myself asleep and am aware that I am asleep, and have the ability to wonder away at will. In some I have walked into neighboring homes, watched them go about their business, sleep, explored their homes, etc. In others, I see myself asleep, and am suddenly aware that I am not alone and that their many entities watching or approaching. In others, I am able to open doors to otherwordly dimensions, fully aware that I am in fact asleep the whole time. The common thread is that each ends with someone trying to harm me, choke me or restrain me, with me aware that it's me dreaming, but powerless to get myself out of the situation and thus trapped in this pseudo reality.

They are very frightening, very realistic events. I hate them, and I get them all the damn time. They are definitely linked to stress for me. If I'm going through a stressful period, they increase in frequency. My wife was very sick for a period of 4 years and she was in and out of hospitals, had multiple surgeries, she almost died several times, and financially it devastated us. During this period, sleep was just pure torment for me. I was a walking zombie due to the frequency with which the sleep paralysis was occurring.

But, in no way have I ever had a 'paranormal' sleep paralysis. This is a well explained phenomena and paranormal has nothing whatsoever to do with it.

Old 05-20-2012, 06:40 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
I suffer from sleep paralysis on an all to regular basis. I have since I was small. Each is terrifying. Most times, I am fully aware I am having an episode of it. For example, mine typically involve me being able to see myself asleep, in my bed and in my room, with my wife next to me. As I watch myself sleep, I'll see various horrifying entities enter the room and either try to harm me or my wife. I then realize I need to get my wife to wake me up. (With sleep paralysis you can't really wake yourself up, you are 'paralyzed'. This is the case with me. I need to be physically touched to wake up. One can be next to me yelling at me and I won't awake, but I'll hear them just fine. I'm just 'trapped'. After I wake I can tell the people exactly what they were saying to me. )

Anyway, so I realize I need to get my wife to wake me to stop this terrifying experience. So I'll attempt to verbalize something, yell, whatever. Since I'm watching myself sleep, I'll see my mouth opening, and in my dream I'll be calling her name. These entities will by then take a hold of me and attempt to choke me and prevent me from breathing. I start gasping, it feels like I am actually choking. I try with all might to make noise, but I can't move. THen I see my wife wake up, reach over and shake me. Then I wake up with her shaking me and I'm usually gasping and sweaty.

Most of mine follow this 'out of body' type scenario where I see myself asleep and am aware that I am asleep, and have the ability to wonder away at will. In some I have walked into neighboring homes, watched them go about their business, sleep, explored their homes, etc. In others, I see myself asleep, and am suddenly aware that I am not alone and that their many entities watching or approaching. In others, I am able to open doors to otherwordly dimensions, fully aware that I am in fact asleep the whole time. The common thread is that each ends with someone trying to harm me, choke me or restrain me, with me aware that it's me dreaming, but powerless to get myself out of the situation and thus trapped in this pseudo reality.

They are very frightening, very realistic events. I hate them, and I get them all the damn time. They are definitely linked to stress for me. If I'm going through a stressful period, they increase in frequency. My wife was very sick for a period of 4 years and she was in and out of hospitals, had multiple surgeries, she almost died several times, and financially it devastated us. During this period, sleep was just pure torment for me. I was a walking zombie due to the frequency with which the sleep paralysis was occurring.

But, in no way have I ever had a 'paranormal' sleep paralysis. This is a well explained phenomena and paranormal has nothing whatsoever to do with it.
Yours maybe. I wasn't "touched" awake and I wasn't seeing myself sleeping. I didn't "see" anything, either. And again, I was very much awake.

Old 05-27-2012, 06:32 AM

2,637 posts, read 12,632,650 times
I have a long history of sleep paralysis which I first experienced in my teens. Since I am an atheist, my intruder imagery tends to differ somewhat from the traditional old hag or demons or whatnot. The most memorable "presence" in the room was a group of burglars intent on killing us. These experiences are very disturbing because they feel hyperreal - "realer" than real. Sometimes even after waking it can take awhile to wrap my brain around the fact that it was not real.

It is a known peculiarity of sleep paralysis, common to almost all sufferers, that these experiences occur only when sleeping on one's back. I was not much of a back sleeper, but would sometimes roll onto my back in the early morning and then fall back asleep, and that is when I would have episodes. Once I began forcing myself to just roll all the way over to my other side so that I would not fall asleep on my back, the episodes stopped. I haven't had one now in years. Just wanted to pass this tip on to anyone suffering from the condition who wants it to stop. It's actually very simple - it is caused when your mind has half-awakened ahead of schedule and the hormones which prevent you from acting out your dreams are still preventing you from moving. The sleep paralysis hallucinations are really just dreams bleeding over into your normal waking consciousness.

Old 05-27-2012, 07:44 AM

4,061 posts, read 9,884,854 times
I've had sleep paralysis all of my life but fortunately have never felt like anything was sitting on me nor have I seen anything creepy. I started to log the occurances and they seem to come once a month, when I am sleeping on my back. I am able to scream for help and have trained my kids to grab my hands and pull me up to a seated position. Sometimes when they can't hear me I just try to force myself to full consciousness by rocking and really trying hard not to mentally sink back into it. I hate it. Even though I know what it is when it's happening, it still terrifies me. I think I would make a poor paralyzed person. I can't imagine the horror of living with this all the time.

Old 05-27-2012, 08:56 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I have a feeling that it was the Robert Monroe book on astral projection which said that sleep paralysis is the state before an OOBE (out of body experience) and that if you relaxed and just accepted it, you would be able to leave your physical body and remain in a conscious state. Possibly some of these experiences are these. (Possibly some are not too, of course.)

I have never had paralysis, but have had times when I feel as if there is "someone" behind me and then I wake up with my heart pounding. This is usually about the time when I wake up normally anyway. However, a while ago, I realised that all it was, was my astral body returning and I was feeling myself coming back into my body. Once I realised this, I was not afraid any longer but I am still unaware of what I do when I leave and what goes on out there.

The Lobsang Rampa books which I used to read ages ago, said that everyone astrally projected at night when they were asleep but most people did not remember. Some say he was a fraud, but I loved his books and read every one of them. :-)
Makes you really wonder about the belief among some cultures that the soul of a person leaves his body when he dreams and enters the dreamworld. Some of the plotlines in dreams are impossibly well-formed.

Old 05-27-2012, 08:58 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
I think these paralysis entities are bi-sexual or something...

They really need to get a life and leave us humans alone...
I was attacked by the ghost of James Dean, and I liked it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal