Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 07:36 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,043,908 times

Advertisements

^ Very interesting stories, Chango. I think that a lot of the 'vibes' you were receiving were the unconscious body language/speech cues you were receiving from these two people. We process a lot at the subliminal/sub-conscious level, some say far more then we do at the 'conscious' level, so it seems you were perceptive enough to pick this up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2012, 07:54 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,809,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
^ Very interesting stories, Chango. I think that a lot of the 'vibes' you were receiving were the unconscious body language/speech cues you were receiving from these two people. We process a lot at the subliminal/sub-conscious level, some say far more then we do at the 'conscious' level, so it seems you were perceptive enough to pick this up.
This is true... knowing my subconscious, it would be easy for such feelings to seem like they came from "somewhere else".

Then again, it's hard to get past the feeling that it's something beyond standard natural intuition (I really don't think of myself as a particularly intuitive person either). I can't help but wonder if what happens in our brains is somehow getting "written" into the environment and/or "broadcasted" beyond our skulls... and if a mind can write and store feelings in a brain for future retrieval, it shouldn't be too hard for another mind to translate stored info to some degree...providing there is a connection.

Of course there's no scientific proof, or known mundane process that would allow it... but after all, that's what puts the "super" in "natural" and makes it fun!

Old 05-04-2012, 10:10 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,791,155 times
There was a new neighbor living around the corner that was walking by our house. We had a brief conversation and he was very charming, but in an off way. As it turns out he was an ex-priest kicked out of the Church with sealed records. Another neighbor found out after she found him hugging and kissing her young boy. We managed to get him out of the neighborhood, but who is he victimizing now?

Old 05-11-2012, 07:13 PM

5,652 posts, read 19,347,608 times
I read the book "The sociopath next door"... they say this, that even though you have no reason to distrust a certain person, due to their status or position, whatever... if you feel they are OFF for any reason, trust your instincts.
For me the warning signs of a "spooky" person are a near total lack of a sense of humor... or they laugh at only violent stuff... they do not smile, or rarely smile, or only laugh when laughing AT someone, and the scary starey eyes.

Old 05-13-2012, 11:51 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,626,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulhall View Post
Aleister Crowley was one of the most spooky and weird people
I disagree. I think he was just fine, and a true leader in his field of spiritualism (of course along with Mathers!). He doesn't creep me out at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to try this.
A dream catcher will help as well. Not to mention a High John root can't hurt either!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardener34 View Post
I read the book "The sociopath next door"... they say this, that even though you have no reason to distrust a certain person, due to their status or position, whatever... if you feel they are OFF for any reason, trust your instincts.
I do. My current next door neighbour is like that. He's just off. Like he's slipped (Stephen King reference, BTW); he's done NOTHING for me to think that way, it's just his vibe. He has that creepy child molester serial rapist vibe. EWW!

Old 05-14-2012, 07:50 AM

136 posts, read 141,821 times
I have known a few people similar to this.

Of course, I have know a lot more people who try to come off as spooky and creepy but the real creepers don't have to try. They may even try not to appear different.

Here's an example....I live in a rough neighborhood in Indianapolis where there aren't many white folks around. There is this old white couple, they have to be at least 70, that stands on the side of a busy road right by my house holding hands, and they each have a bible in the other hand. They do this a few times a week at least and I see them out at 3 in the morning all the time.

The man dresses in all black and has a long white beard. The woman dresses like she is from another time.

Something about these people just really gives me a bad vibe.

Old 05-14-2012, 09:28 AM

24,401 posts, read 23,053,611 times
How about odd people? I knew a few from way back when I worked in a grocery store. Both were older couples. The first one was the Grump. Just a truly mean nasty person. He always had greasy mechanics coveralls on and walked around with a perpetual glare on his face. He was nice to nobody and very cheap, always buying discounted food. What was sad was his wife. She walked around like a whipped dog, practically out of it. I know he must have beat her. How anybody could have been married to that guy was beyond me.
Then there was the Witness Protection couple. These two looked like they stepped out of the 1960s. The man had on sunglasses and had a kind of Goodfellas look to him. The wife had a kind of an old fashioned bouffant and also wore sunglasses. It was like they just flew up from Miami or came out of Queens.

Old 05-14-2012, 06:08 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,626,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 Letter Crap Spreader View Post
There is this old white couple, they have to be at least 70, that stands on the side of a busy road right by my house holding hands, and they each have a bible in the other hand. They do this a few times a week at least and I see them out at 3 in the morning all the time.

The man dresses in all black and has a long white beard. The woman dresses like she is from another time.

Something about these people just really gives me a bad vibe.
How do you know they are really there?

You said 3am, what if they are ghosts?

Old 05-15-2012, 03:42 PM

5 posts, read 6,459 times
YES! The guy I ran into one night in 2004. It's in this post:

//www.city-data.com/forum/unexp...-any-help.html

Old 05-15-2012, 03:54 PM

692 posts, read 1,355,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
I disagree. I think he was just fine, and a true leader in his field of spiritualism (of course along with Mathers!). He doesn't creep me out at all.
If you like Crowley, thats up to you. Personally I always thought he was very weird, creepy and spooky.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal