U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 06:04 PM

3,388 posts, read 6,068,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulhall View Post
If you like Crowley, thats up to you. Personally I always thought he was very weird, creepy and spooky.
Well I can respect his works.

Not to mention I am a fan of OTOGD so there ya go.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2012, 09:45 AM

13,145 posts, read 20,441,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulhall View Post
If you like Crowley, thats up to you. Personally I always thought he was very weird, creepy and spooky.
I'm with ya. From what I've read about the guy, he was a sickening, self absorbed, sex-obsessed pervert. He was an embarassment, even to the devil.

He tried to do some uber-evil demon summoning ceremony at Loch Ness that takes a week to perform, but apparently got bored part-way through and failed to finish it. Interestingly enough, Loch Ness Monster Hysteria started only a few years after...

... coincidence? I'll leave that up to y'all.

Last edited by Chango; 05-24-2012 at 09:53 AM..

Old 05-24-2012, 09:54 AM

900 posts, read 1,568,407 times
What does a bowl of water by the bed do?
This has happened to me 3 x. One time I was in a store with the person and got away from him as fast as possible , no way to tell if I imagined it or not.
The other time was with an intimidatingly tall man. He was a former drug attict , though I suspected he was using (heroin , I believe but I know nothing about these things) he really scared me but no way to prove he was legitimately "creepy" or not. I sensed severe depression from him. Like all his sins had caught up.
This 3rd guy I do have (unscientific) proof something was wrong. He creeped me out , I believe he may have been considering kidnapping me , my proof is I had my dog with me at the time and when he went to pet my dog , he growled and snapped at him. This was the only time in 13 years my dog behaved like that.
You know , I have another story of a date I went on , but that's more , trust your gut thing. Later , through some simple research I knew why (police record said it all) something felt off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Yes I have. Dressing "Goth" has nothing to due with it. People like this tend to look very normal.

I have experienced it Chango, and I know exactly what you mean. I have even experienced it on City Data! Yes, with people that I have never even met!

It is indeed hard to explain if you have never met such a person, but when you do, you know it. There is something "off" and just not right.

What do I do? I go with my gut instinct. I trust myself and do not second guess myself anymore. I'm always right.

So I steer clear. If I for some reason, have reason to need to be in contact with this person, due to work, or geographic proximity, I follow certain protocol which I am happy to share.

I keep all contact at a minimum. Even conversation.

No eye contact.

I do not share photographs, or birth dates.

Neither a borrower or a lender be! - ESPECIALLY in this case.

I an cold and with out emotion in their presence.

The threshold to my home is sacrosanct. Yours should be too. No one who I am unsure of crosses mine. No neighbors. No one. Unless we are close friends.

I surround myself with spiritual protection each night and each morning.

I sleep with a bowl of water by my bed each night. I empty it in the AM.

There are people who are needlessly competitive, wary of giving compliments or any exchange of good your way. Take note. Kind, whole and confident people are generous in every way.

These people are not, although they often coat there words in sugar.

Read "People of the Lie" by M.Scott Peck M.D.
All evil begins with pretense. These folks are among the most pretentious.

Old 05-24-2012, 09:59 AM

Quote:
It absorbs evil influences that may be sent towards you at night or may find their way to you by accident. I think all sensitive people should do this. I find that my dreams are both more lucid and pleasant since doing this.

It is a popular practice in Eastern Europe. The bowl should only be used and purchased for this purpose. A Dollar store one is fine. It should not be plastic.

It can't hurt, and I find it helps. Especially because I read for many people.

Other people put an egg in the corners of the room. Eggs as the holders of nascent life have long been thought to have spiritual properties. They absorb evil.
Ok , sorry I didn't see that sooner about the water. Is it bad if my cats try to drink the water? (Serious question because I know they will) thank you

Old 05-24-2012, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
The fact the poster was so pleased when the man died, even though she didn't know he'd committed crime or evil acts, was actually one of the most disturbing parts of the story imo.
I disagree , thought it was an interesting story.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:47 PM

20,831 posts, read 26,151,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog1 View Post
What does a bowl of water by the bed do?
This has happened to me 3 x. One time I was in a store with the person and got away from him as fast as possible , no way to tell if I imagined it or not.
The other time was with an intimidatingly tall man. He was a former drug attict , though I suspected he was using (heroin , I believe but I know nothing about these things) he really scared me but no way to prove he was legitimately "creepy" or not. I sensed severe depression from him. Like all his sins had caught up.
This 3rd guy I do have (unscientific) proof something was wrong. He creeped me out , I believe he may have been considering kidnapping me , my proof is I had my dog with me at the time and when he went to pet my dog , he growled and snapped at him. This was the only time in 13 years my dog behaved like that.
You know , I have another story of a date I went on , but that's more , trust your gut thing. Later , through some simple research I knew why (police record said it all) something felt off.
Interesting experiences! The third story illustrates why I love dogs so much!

"Sleeping with water" is an ancient Eastern European custom that I've heard about in my travels in that region of the world.

There is a book I have about Spiritual Protection that also mentions this and some other practices. Some stuck me as involved and even strange.
A beer bath? Putting moth balls all around your bedroom?
(I'd be afraid for my pets! Very poisonous. But apparently evil spirits don't like the smell of mothballs or beer.

Anyway, the water is supposed to attract and observe negative influences. We are very vulnerable when we sleep to the ill wishes of others, human or inhuman.

I have found that my sleep is more restful and my dreams less disturbing when I do this.

"Superstitions" are passed down for a reason. They are Pagan practices and I do not mean Pagan in a bad way. I'm a spiritual person, not a scientist. It's an easy thing to do, and it seems to help.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Ok , sorry I didn't see that sooner about the water. Is it bad if my cats try to drink the water? (Serious question because I know they will) thank you
I would not let cats drink it, no. My answer is equally serious.

I have a story about this. A friend of mine learned of this practice and each day, (although I told her to flush it down the toilet) she took the water and tossed it over the fence on the back yard lawn of a neighbor who she did not like.

After about a month of this, she noticed that the grass over the fence and withered and turned brown.

If it could do this to grass, I would NOT give it to an animal!!!

Old 05-24-2012, 01:11 PM

1,873 posts, read 2,689,427 times
My grandparents were from eastern Europe and I never heard of the the bowl of water thing but my grandmother had a religious picture with garlic around it, over every bed and over all the doorways leading into the house. I made a remarkable discovery; bad spirits HATE those room ionizers. I swear, leave one of those running for days and it will run them off.

Old 05-24-2012, 01:17 PM

Quote:
I would not let cats drink it, no. My answer is equally serious.

I have a story about this. A friend of mine learned of this practice and each day, (although I told her to flush it down the toilet) she took the water and tossed it over the fence on the back yard lawn of a neighbor who she did not like.

After about a month of this, she noticed that the grass over the fence and withered and turned brown.

If it could do this to grass, I would NOT give it to an animal!!!
I will make sure the cats can't get it.
Rep u as soon as Im able. Thank you

Old 05-24-2012, 03:01 PM

Quote:
I will make sure the cats can't get it.
Rep u as soon as Im able. Thank you
Can't rep you either but I wasted to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal