Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 02:15 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,791,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
I agree and this is why I`m on the fence about ghost. It seems plausible to me because I do believe in an afterlife. But of all of the years people have been studying ghost and with all of the technology we have, noone has really recorded anything. People say they have this recording or that, but it is always sketchy and inconclusive. Plus, I can`t understand why people that have been dead for hundreds of years would still appear in the same environment doing the same things they did back then. Those things don`t exist anymore, so why or how would they just stay there for hundreds of years with noone to communicate with?

As I said, I don`t rule it out, there are just too many unanswered questions. Also, I find it interesting that people will believe in ghost with no proof to the masses but totally disregard a supreme being or intelligence because they say there is no proof. It seems hypocritical to me. They want other people to accept the belief in ghost with no proof. But clamour for proof before they will believe in a supreme intelligence, energy, God or whatever you want to call it.
if you've communicated with a spirit and they have appeared to you as they looked when in their earthly body--you will believe. If you open your mind and soul to the possibility,it could happen. But when the spirit is ready.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2012, 02:33 PM

16,904 posts, read 16,123,046 times
"If ghosts are real, shouldn't it be easy for everyone to see them and believe?"

No.

Old 04-25-2012, 03:44 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,499,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Point #1 People don't know what ghosts really are. We may interpret them as spirits of the deceased, but it could be totally wrong.

Point #2 What if we are dealing with a sentience that does not want to be found? What if it wants to "play" with us but knows playtime is over if it becomes common knowledge?

Point #3 I could make a very, very long list of things that exist that we couldn't prove or identify until the technology to identify them came into being. There are still things we know exist but can't quantify or truly understand it's mechanics, gravity being the big example. Science is just a human tool for understanding something that is already there, and has yet to give a complete understanding of all there is to know.

Point #4 The vast majority of ghost/haunting claims are misinterpretations or outright hoaxes. The REAL phenomenon is not nearly as common as all those Syfi and History channel info-tainment shows make it seem.

So why shouldn't we just ignore the phenomenon in the first place?

Because it's been happening to people for thousands of years, as long as people have been able to write about it. Just like the sun rising and setting every day, people getting sick, lightning, birth, death, ect, ect. All those things were once mysterious and supernatural to humanity at some point in time; why people see ghosts is one of the few aspects of the human experience that has been there since the beginning but still eludes our understanding.
Do you believe in a supreme intelligence or God? I`m not talking about the modern day christian church`s take on what God is.. But a belief in a supernatural being or energy that started life.

Old 04-25-2012, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
if you've communicated with a spirit and they have appeared to you as they looked when in their earthly body--you will believe. If you open your mind and soul to the possibility,it could happen. But when the spirit is ready.
How can they look like they did in an earthly body if they are no longer physical and have no earthly body?

Old 04-25-2012, 03:48 PM

Quote:
How can they look like they did in an earthly body if they are no longer physical and have no earthly body?
they can make themselves appear in any form they choose.

Old 04-25-2012, 04:07 PM

4,498 posts, read 6,315,520 times
I've had a few experiences with ghosts but, knowing what I know about the human mind, I have trouble with the whole disembodied spirit thing. Thinking about it now I am forming the theory that it could be like a fold in time, where one point in time might be overlapping another. We think of time as linear but more and more we are told that it's not necessarily that way. Quantum physics certainly has shown us that it is not linear at all. Time is the next dimention and we have trouble understanding it from our point of view, but we do know that it is entirely subjective. This would explain why ghosts appear doing things as they were doing them and dressed as they were in their life. Perhaps strong emotion or trauma causes some kind of ripple effect that increases the possibility of two points in time meeting.

Food for thought anyway.

Old 04-25-2012, 04:29 PM

Quote:
they can make themselves appear in any form they choose.
That`s like the question...why do you believe something? Just because.
How can a non physical entity take the form of a physical being? That doesn`t make sense to me. I`m the type of person, where belief in something has to make some type of logical sense. I can`t believe something just because.

Old 04-25-2012, 04:40 PM

Quote:
That`s like the question...why do you believe something? Just because.
How can a non physical entity take the form of a physical being? That doesn`t make sense to me. I`m the type of person, where belief in something has to make some type of logical sense. I can`t believe something just because.

it isn't my job to make you believe anything. I've had contact with spirits and communicate with them--when they choose to communicate with me. I can't just conjur them up.
I hope you get to experience that sometime.

Old 04-25-2012, 05:22 PM

3,848 posts, read 7,961,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I was gonna start a new thread but I'll just ask here, does anyone know of any videos that they believe capture genuine paranormal activity?

Ghost Hunters- MT. Washington Hotel Princess EVP - YouTube

Old 04-25-2012, 05:55 PM

Quote:
it isn't my job to make you believe anything. I've had contact with spirits and communicate with them--when they choose to communicate with me. I can't just conjur them up.
I hope you get to experience that sometime.
Do you believe in God or a supreme being of some sort?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal