Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 05:54 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,672,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
in my communications with those who have passed on it has been revealed there is no awareness of time in any way on the other side.
I was not referring to the ghosts/dead's awareness of time. I was addressing the thought about ancient people not being ghosts and asking the living what would be considered ancient.
There is no concept of time except in the minds of man because man created it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2012, 06:32 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times
Very interesting stories about ghoulish native Americans! I guess the phrase, 'haunted by the ghosts of the past' takes on a whole new, very literal meaning!

Old 04-28-2012, 09:17 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,223,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Very interesting stories about ghoulish native Americans! I guess the phrase, 'haunted by the ghosts of the past' takes on a whole new, very literal meaning!
I'll be 56 next month, I have yet to meet a ghoulish ghost regardless of ethnic background.

Old 04-29-2012, 12:47 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,536,080 times
Quote:
LOL! I am not ghoulish. Well, I take that back. Yes, I can be. Especially when I stay up all night.

There is a man up north who I used to visit. He experienced two native american women on his property which he believed were pre-European contact. He said they were beautiful. He lived by a place the local Native population used for fasting and vision quests.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
I'll be 56 next month, I have yet to meet a ghoulish ghost regardless of ethnic background.
I searched for the definition of 'ghoul.' I just thought it was another word for 'ghost', my mistake.

Old 05-01-2012, 11:01 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,223,738 times
Quote:
I searched for the definition of 'ghoul.' I just thought it was another word for 'ghost', my mistake.
No problem. . It's just a teensy language barrier thing.

Old 05-05-2012, 11:09 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times
Quote:
Or are they just so frustratingly elusive?

I mean say you know of a haunted house. If there's a real ghost in there, surely you could invite 100 skeptics in there and they'd find something right? Unless the ghost is shy? But why? Would a ghost not want us to believe in it?

And this could have happened 100 years ago before holographics etc. Nowadays, it seems, it might be impossible to convince some skeptics of ghosts because they will just explain it away with technology.

If ghosts/hauntings/supernatural experiences are so common, why do so many believe, have no experience? Is it because they are closed to spiritual things or is that just a way to explain why only 'special' psychically gifted people can see, hear, converse or relate with the dead?
Other than ghost tours or paranormal ghost shows, how would seeing a ghost be explained away by holographics and technology?

Spirit apparitians require energy. Their presense is attachment to particular locations, and or people, including possesions they had a fondness for while living.

I don't think they're on a mission of making skeptics into believers.

Old 05-05-2012, 06:52 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
I didn't read everyone post but I think that some people are just more open to ghosts, spirits, etc.

Old 05-06-2012, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Other than ghost tours or paranormal ghost shows, how would seeing a ghost be explained away by holographics and technology?

Spirit apparitians require energy. Their presense is attachment to particular locations, and or people, including possesions they had a fondness for while living.

I don't think they're on a mission of making skeptics into believers.
Well I went to the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland and the special effects are pretty convincing!

Old 05-06-2012, 05:46 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,468,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMG721 View Post
One of the reasons that I am skeptical that dead people somehow continue to survive as immaterial intelligences (ghosts) is that if they did, wouldn't they be behaving a lot differently? Wouldn't every murderer be haunted by the people he killed for the rest of his life? Wouldn't there be ghosts not just from parts of history that we understand and are familiar with, but also from parts of history that we aren't so familiar with, like Caveman Ghosts? It just seems that there's a lot that doesn't add up about ghosts being deceased humans. That's why I tend to think that we may be misinterpreting them, and that they might be life forms from another planet or dimension or whatever that we have decided are dead humans because that's the only thing that most people can imagine. Also, most people WANT their dead loved ones to still be around, so that gives them the incentive to continue to believe in the ghosts as dead people theory.
You mention "caveman ghosts" and it's a valid question. Who says there aren't any??? There are spirits and entities that are unidentified. There are hauntings that no one can pin on a person who once lived.

I think some of these could well be traced to the earliest human beings. And others to animals.

I also think that not all of beings comeback as ghosts. Because some do and some don't does not make it untrue.

The idea that people from pre-history could be ghosts, is not incredible to me at all! And the house we live in may not be haunted - it could be the land.

And the land was here before your house, or your city. The land is old. Old as dirt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal