U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2012, 06:09 AM

697 posts, read 1,235,886 times

Advertisements

The London Underground is one of the oldest transport systems in the world and over the centuries has been the seen of terrible accidents, murders and terrorist attacks. The system also cuts through numerous historic and religous burial sites, which span London's 2000 years of existence. Recently renovation and extension saw the Underground unearth monastic and religous remains, only for the unsuspecting and unkowing public to report a massive rise in the number of sitings of monadstic and religous ghosts.

This Documentary was shown in Britain several years ago and tells of the many ghosts and unexplained events that surround the London Underground, with first hand accounts from the Underground staff themselves.

Last edited by Mulhall; 04-27-2012 at 06:21 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2012, 09:38 AM

697 posts, read 1,235,886 times
Some of the major disasters to have occurred on the London Underground

h2g2 - London Underground Disasters and Other Unfortunate Events

Old 04-27-2012, 11:26 AM

4,486 posts, read 4,731,185 times
If I ever make it to London, I think i'll take a walking tour.

Old 04-27-2012, 11:42 AM

3,751 posts, read 6,748,835 times
I'll go with you Pam. I was taught, always take a buddy with you.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:37 AM

13,138 posts, read 37,968,598 times
I want to bump this up as i just finished watching all 4 parts and that was kind of cool to see a man in the electric chair in the background of the photo the lady took down in the subway

Old 06-21-2012, 03:55 PM

577 posts, read 881,934 times
Great documentary. Pretty much a no nonsense telling of the ghostly reports in the underground. No "ghost" effects jumping out at you etc. I've watched it a few times. my favorite part is the track walker who's job it is as the name implies, to walk the track in the wee hours, making sure it is problem free...except one particular night when he found someone else down there working with an old fashioned gas operated "tilly" lamp.

The ghost of Covent Garden tube station, William Terriss was a highly popular actor in the late 19th century. He was stabbed to death by a deranged fellow actor who had taken to drink. Terriss is also alleged to haunt the Adelphi Theater where he was murdered. There was another odd story associated with him as well. It used to occasionally pop up in the Strange but True books years ago.

On the morning of his death, his understudy had a dream of Terriss lying on the ground in pool of blood, surrounded by the cast of the play they were doing. When he went to the theater that night, the understudy told the cast of his dream. Terriss had not arrived yet. When he did arrive, he was met at the stage door by the murderer who stabbed him. Terriss staggered into the theater and fell to the ground with a pool of blood welling around him, surrounded by the cast just as the understudy had seen it in his dream.

Old 06-22-2012, 11:27 AM

24,682 posts, read 49,187,676 times
^ Fascinating stuff, sounds like the death of Abe Lincoln.

Old 06-23-2012, 12:36 AM

577 posts, read 881,934 times

The Secret Station - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal