Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2013, 09:17 AM

7,201 posts, read 14,989,759 times

Advertisements

You are the one who made the assertion in the first place. It is up to you to support your own statement with facts instead of snarky replies, which mean you cannot support your assertions and are hostile about it. [/quote]

I stated what I did because every single one of these Mediums FAILED when tested and I read, will now refuse to be tested and proven to be fakes.

Quote:
Silly me I thought I might actually get a real, factual reply! All we see from you is your overblown opinions, smashed over people's heads as rudely as possibly. Hate to break it to you hun, but your opinions are just that, opinions, not facts, so tone it down a bit sweetie and try and control yourself and at least address the people with different opinions than yours as human beings, okay? I hope that's not too tall of an order.
Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2
If you want to believe in these people feel free to do so. No one is stopping you. My reply was factual. You can be sure she will never be tested or request to be tested. If I was the real deal I would request being tested to prove I was a real Medium - before taking people's money to tell them what they want to hear from deceased loved ones.

Sent from my HP W-7 64 bit T TB HD 8 GB of RAM desktop computer not using Tapatalk 2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2013, 09:24 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times
Well, I'm on page 40 of her book a friend gave to me when she was done
and I like her a lot...I relate to her no nonsense style.

Old 11-10-2013, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Well, I'm on page 40 of her book a friend gave to me when she was done
and I like her a lot...I relate to her no nonsense style.
Like I said, it would be easy enough to prove her a fraud or a legitimate Medium, just like that TV expose show did. Every Medium tested was proven a fraud by talking to spirits of the dead... who were not dead at all. Or talking to the dead sister of someone who never had a sister etc.

If she did it for free for the entertainment value, all well and good, but she's charging grieving people and that I find repulsive. There is no irrefutable scientific evidence to support life after death, for either us or the animal or plant kingdom.

Old 11-10-2013, 10:34 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,300,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by =^..^= View Post
If you want to believe in these people feel free to do so. No one is stopping you. My reply was factual. You can be sure she will never be tested or request to be tested. If I was the real deal I would request being tested to prove I was a real Medium - before taking people's money to tell them what they want to hear from deceased loved ones.

Sent from my HP W-7 64 bit T TB HD 8 GB of RAM desktop computer not using Tapatalk 2
No, your reply was your opinion. Again, no actual facts to support your original assertion against the LI Medium. Just a guess and what you would do if you were a medium. Please learn what a FACT is versus what an OPINION is so you stop mixing up the two and charging people with doing things (like refusing to be tested) that never happened. Thank you. If you can come up with an actual circumstance where a real testing and research center (Rhine, etc.) that deals with parapsychology and the paranormal asked the LI Medium to be tested and she refused, please post it. Otherwise, it is all your opinion that you "think" she will refuse.

Old 11-10-2013, 10:42 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,300,458 times
Quote:
Like I said, it would be easy enough to prove her a fraud or a legitimate Medium, just like that TV expose show did. Every Medium tested was proven a fraud by talking to spirits of the dead... who were not dead at all. Or talking to the dead sister of someone who never had a sister etc.

If she did it for free for the entertainment value, all well and good, but she's charging grieving people and that I find repulsive. There is no irrefutable scientific evidence to support life after death, for either us or the animal or plant kingdom.
This TV show you keep talking about (that nobody else on the thread has mentioned seeing) seems to be your only proof that all mediums are frauds. After watching 1 negative TV show, you are an expert.

You think the LI Medium show is totally staged and phony. After watching 1 episode, as you mentioned earlier in the thread, you are an expert.

This negative TV show could have just as easily been totally staged and phony, but just in the opposite direction. Ever think of that?

The truth is none of us on this thread are the ultimate expert and carrying on like one of us has the FACTUAL INFORMATION only makes that one a fool.

Old 11-10-2013, 11:00 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times
Quote:

Reading her book now I see how hard it is because these dumb spirits...kidding...
Give her these messages thru feelings...so if she feels her throat tightening...she has different ways of
translating that...and she tries not to interpret...so she'll throw out what to us seems like
reaching.....Did someone, a male, die of throat cancer, no....did they have a hard time
expressing themselves? No....Did he not say goodbye to you? Yes......its a grab bag
of spirits not being clear....IT's ALL their FAULT!!!!! Darn vague spirits!!

Old 11-10-2013, 12:10 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,671,533 times
Quote:
Reading her book now I see how hard it is because these dumb spirits...kidding...
Give her these messages thru feelings...so if she feels her throat tightening...she has different ways of
translating that...and she tries not to interpret...so she'll throw out what to us seems like
reaching.....Did someone, a male, die of throat cancer, no....did they have a hard time
expressing themselves? No....Did he not say goodbye to you? Yes......its a grab bag
This is a very important aspect of psychic mechanics.
I believe it was in this discussion that I mentioned that there are different kinds of abilities. Some see, some hear, some feel, or a mix. For the psychic it is a bit of a puzzle.
I once did a reading for someone and I got the impression of army ants. Now what on earth would ants have to do with the subject I was reading about?! (Subject was a new business). Because the impression was strong, I mentioned it but did not try and make sense of it. I would leave the recipient to understand the symbolism.
When the reading was over, I was told that one of the issues with starting this business was location. One location was next to or on (can't recall) a military base. Now the army ants make sense. Ants go out in a line insearch of food (business was a coffee shop). To set up shop at this location would generate a 'line' of 'army ants' searching for coffee and cakes.

It may appear that LI Medium is just throwing out random stuff and hoping to hit a mark, but it is not random. She expresses what she sees and has to ask to find the direction and meaning. Like the throat feeling. If I have the feeling I can't breath, then that is all I know- no breath. Is it suffocation from carbon monoxide, is is drowning? Is it someone putting a pillow over my head- I'm not shown this, and that is where I have to start guessing or asking questions.

Old 11-11-2013, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
No, your reply was your opinion. Again, no actual facts to support your original assertion against the LI Medium. Just a guess and what you would do if you were a medium. Please learn what a FACT is versus what an OPINION is so you stop mixing up the two and charging people with doing things (like refusing to be tested) that never happened. Thank you.
Do you know for a fact she wasn't asked? Most were from what I saw on TV and refused. Those tested were proved to be frauds.

Quote:
If you can come up with an actual circumstance where a real testing and research center (Rhine, etc.) that deals with parapsychology and the paranormal asked the LI Medium to be tested and she refused, please post it. Otherwise, it is all your opinion that you "think" she will refuse.
If she was legitimate, she would request being tested to prove she's the real deal and you don't know if she refused or not. And you don't know how many times she flubbed as they never show that on TV. And all of them FAIL just like those tested. They converse with the dead they claim... and yet those people were still alive.

Old 11-11-2013, 11:07 AM

Quote:
reaching....
Because she is reaching, fishing as they all do.

Quote:
.Did someone, a male, die of throat cancer, no....did they have a hard time
I'm not saying there isn't supernatural things we don't yet understand, but all through history there have been Mediums, fortune tellers, tea leaf and crystal ball and palm readers etc.... all were proven to be frauds. I'm not trying to debunk the supernatural but these people are fakes taking advantage of the grieving, claiming, when questioned, to help them feel better and better adjust to the loss of the loved one. Fine, then do it for free.

Old 11-11-2013, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
This TV show you keep talking about (that nobody else on the thread has mentioned seeing) seems to be your only proof that all mediums are frauds. After watching 1 negative TV show, you are an expert.
And you are an expert on who is and isn't a fraud? Why are you defending this person who has never been tested for true ability?

Quote:
You think the LI Medium show is totally staged and phony. After watching 1 episode, as you mentioned earlier in the thread, you are an expert.
I don't have the IQ of a gym sneaker. I am not easily fooled. It was blatantly obvious she was doing what they all do and all have been proven to be frauds.

Quote:
This negative TV show could have just as easily been totally staged and phony, but just in the opposite direction. Ever think of that?
Why are you defending this person who has never been tested for a true ability to converse in some fashion with the dead?

Quote:
The truth is none of us on this thread are the ultimate expert and carrying on like one of us has the FACTUAL INFORMATION only makes that one a fool.
Google is your friend. There is plenty of information online concerning these Mediums and others of her ilk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal