U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2012, 10:42 PM

16,481 posts, read 22,857,956 times

Advertisements

In the distant past I had seen a very reliable psychic, but I moved to a faraway state many years ago and lost contact with her. That particular psychic could and would tell me things that had happened in my life that no one but me knew about, and she would also talk about my future some. Now jump to yesterday. I heard from a friend about a lady that she had heard was a good psychic. I am at a time in my life where I feel I could benefit from some guidance and insight. I made a phone consultation appointment a couple of weeks ago and had it yesterday. I was VERY disappointed. It was a 55 min. consultation and 40 minutes of it she rambled on and on about this astrological sign or that, about this planet being aligned with that one, and so on. This just went on and on and none of it made any sense to me, nor did she give any real specifics about me or my life. The last 15 minutes or so I could ask questions. Well of course when I asked her questions I was then being asked to explain the circumstances, thus telling her everything. She used a lot of Numerology, Astrology, and I could hear her flipping through Tarot cards. She calims to be a psychic and has a webpage and travels around doing classes and readings, so she is not an unknown. She did not tell me a single thing about myself that was insightful, she wavered back and forth on things and was very vague. For instance I was talking about my young daughter and her father and she said they had this "special" relationship and that he was a great dad that was very fun. "Fun" would be the very last word you would use for my ex-husband, and he and my daughter do not have a special relationship. After she said what a good dad he is I told her that he is NOT a good father and then she says, "well I told you he was an Aries so that isn't surprising." I jung up feel ripped off, sad, and very frustrated. This is my question. I do not believe at all that she is a psychic. She "may" be knowledable about Numerology and Astrology and use that, but that doesn't mean she is psychic. How reliable do you all feel Numerology and Astrology are? I know some of the things it says about my astrological sign are right on, but some are not. If most of her readings are anything like mine, I do not see how she gets any repeat customers.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2012, 01:08 AM

3,751 posts, read 6,946,830 times
Astrology, numerology and tarot can be reliable in the right hands.
Maybe she is a book 'psychic' using all that stuff, or maybe those help her connect and she was having a bad day. It happens.
But if she's just talking about planet placements and aspects, it does not take a psychic to figure that stuff out.
Sorry you got what sounds like a dud...

Old 05-05-2012, 02:44 AM

12,478 posts, read 16,350,373 times
I've never used or had anyone use such tactics. Tarot cards,numerology,etc may be a means some use but not me.
I just wait for the spirits to present themselves.
Also I would never,ever reveal one single bit of information to a psychic about myself. If the spirits aren't telling him/her then it doesn't get told.

Old 05-05-2012, 08:04 AM

16,081 posts, read 26,253,352 times
If shes calling herself a psychic....shes a fraud.

There seems to be confusion about what defines psychic ability.

They don't need the aid of astrology, numerology or tarot to read you.

Old 05-05-2012, 11:59 PM

16,481 posts, read 22,857,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
If shes calling herself a psychic....shes a fraud.

There seems to be confusion about what defines psychic ability.

That is what I thought. I think this woman was very knowledgable about Numerolgy and Astrology, but she was not psychic. I was looking for a psychic, someone that could see where I had been and where I was going.

Old 05-06-2012, 10:19 AM

3,751 posts, read 6,946,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
I don't totally agree with this. I'm not saying that a psychic -needs- this stuff, but some psychics do use tools. Not so much astrology or numerology, that is book stuff. One does not need to be psychic to understand an astrological chart. However, seeing a chart and knowing the symbolism can spark an intuitive though or vision. This happens more with tarot. There are the traditional meanings, that can be quite accurate, but the images on the cards bring an intuitive person information that is specific to the person and is not something that is found in the book meaning of the card.

For example- I did a reading and while there are about three cards that signify 'cheating partner', I did not get any of them. In writing the reading, (akin to channeling) it came to me that the person I was reading for had a one night fling with an old flame. The reading was about a new guy and if he's 'the one'.
In another reading I did, about a woman's homelife and her MIL. Upon shuffling the cards (oh- btw- these readings are done long distance, I get email requests and take quiet time when I have it to do the reading)...as I was shuffling to begin the read, I smelled 'sweet smoke'. I mentioned this in my reading first thing since it was the first part of the reading experience on my end- and I mention -everything-...
The person replays to me telling me that she had just smoked a ciggarette and sprayed perfume to cover the smell right before she send me her question via email.

Some psychics have a method that puts them into that mindset/vibration.
There are psychics of all kinds, just like painters. Not everyone has the same method. But like a painter, to use a projector and trace the lines, that is not a painter, that's a copier....
The psychic in the OP is a 'regurgitator' just repeating what she has learned and not using them as tools, she's depending upon them.

Ever see the twin psychics that sit with a pad of paper and start making circles with thier pen?

Old 05-06-2012, 05:09 PM

21,463 posts, read 27,306,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
In the distant past I had seen a very reliable psychic, but I moved to a faraway state many years ago and lost contact with her. That particular psychic could and would tell me things that had happened in my life that no one but me knew about, and she would also talk about my future some. Now jump to yesterday. I heard from a friend about a lady that she had heard was a good psychic. I am at a time in my life where I feel I could benefit from some guidance and insight. I made a phone consultation appointment a couple of weeks ago and had it yesterday. I was VERY disappointed. It was a 55 min. consultation and 40 minutes of it she rambled on and on about this astrological sign or that, about this planet being aligned with that one, and so on. This just went on and on and none of it made any sense to me, nor did she give any real specifics about me or my life. The last 15 minutes or so I could ask questions. Well of course when I asked her questions I was then being asked to explain the circumstances, thus telling her everything. She used a lot of Numerology, Astrology, and I could hear her flipping through Tarot cards. She calims to be a psychic and has a webpage and travels around doing classes and readings, so she is not an unknown. She did not tell me a single thing about myself that was insightful, she wavered back and forth on things and was very vague. For instance I was talking about my young daughter and her father and she said they had this "special" relationship and that he was a great dad that was very fun. "Fun" would be the very last word you would use for my ex-husband, and he and my daughter do not have a special relationship. After she said what a good dad he is I told her that he is NOT a good father and then she says, "well I told you he was an Aries so that isn't surprising." I jung up feel ripped off, sad, and very frustrated. This is my question. I do not believe at all that she is a psychic. She "may" be knowledable about Numerology and Astrology and use that, but that doesn't mean she is psychic. How reliable do you all feel Numerology and Astrology are? I know some of the things it says about my astrological sign are right on, but some are not. If most of her readings are anything like mine, I do not see how she gets any repeat customers.

She does not sound terribly psychic to me. You can read all of that information in a book.

I think Numerology and Astrology are very accurate, but when you hire a practitioner, they are supposed to explian it to you and how it pertains to you, not just recite it.

Since she was completely off base about your ex, my feeling is that she is not psychic at all. Or intuitive.

I had an experience similar to yours with an Astrologer who did not believe in anything psychic. She was also one of the coldest people I have ever met. She called astrology a science and said flatly that no intuition was needed.

She was flat, and her reading was devoid of emotional connection and intuition of any sort.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal