Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: which would freak you out more?
Casper 19 19.39%
ET 79 80.61%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 09:22 AM

374 posts, read 812,578 times

Advertisements

Alien. I don't know why people think aliens would be friendly. They'd be about as friendly as the Spanish were to the Aztecs after they discovered the New World.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 09:45 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,628,401 times
I have never seen an alien but I have seen a ghost that I thought was a person that had broken into our room. I shook for at least an hour. I didn't know until the next morning that it had been a ghost.

This happened on our last night in the condo, but if it had not been scheduled to be our last night it would have been anyway. It kind of explained all the strange things that had happened there all week long such as noises like a tree scratching against the wall but I would look out and there was no wind blowing. Doors closed on their own. We thought it was gravity. It was a very drafty room, but there were lots of windows and I just thought it was not insulated well.

Then I woke up in the middle of the night and there was a man standing in our hallway and he grinned at me. I just got chills when I typed that. My husband checked every door and window and there was no way anyone could have gotten in naturally. He then told me I probably dreamed it and it was such a real dream that it seemed like it happened. I do sometimes dream very vividly, so I went back to sleep and he stayed awake until the ghost came back and left again.

When I woke up the next morning he said, "Do you know what you saw last night?" and when I answered "No." He said, "It was a ghost." I thought he was joking and I laughed and shook my head. Then I said, "How do you know it was a ghost." He said, "By the way it left." I gave him a questioning look and he said, "It left as a vapor into the heating vent and several comical dancing faces went with it."

THEN HE WENT BACK TO SLEEP!

Old 05-08-2012, 10:57 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,223,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Whether you know it or not they are the same thing.....demons.
And what "proof" do you have to back up your claim? Other than the bible that is?

Old 05-08-2012, 11:28 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspe4 View Post
The scariest of all would be the ghost of an alien!
Not as scary as the ghost of the elephant man. I think Joseph Merrick was a beautiful human being who lived through hardship, but I'm sorry his appearance still freaks me out.

Old 05-08-2012, 05:48 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,672,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ark90 View Post
Alien. I don't know why people think aliens would be friendly. They'd be about as friendly as the Spanish were to the Aztecs after they discovered the New World.
If they can go from galaxy to galaxy, I would think they are more evolved as a society. Here on this planet, the most popular religions teach a common ultimate idea, Love. Unfortunately we are not evolved enough collectively to 'get it' no matter what religion. Seems the people without religion get it easier.
But back to friendly aliens. If they were aggressive and conquoring society, they would have done it already. Unless we have nothing we want and so why would they bother to waste their resources to just play war games?
I think that they are more compassionate than society makes them out to be.

Old 05-08-2012, 08:36 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
If they can go from galaxy to galaxy, I would think they are more evolved as a society. Here on this planet, the most popular religions teach a common ultimate idea, Love. Unfortunately we are not evolved enough collectively to 'get it' no matter what religion. Seems the people without religion get it easier.
But back to friendly aliens. If they were aggressive and conquoring society, they would have done it already. Unless we have nothing we want and so why would they bother to waste their resources to just play war games?
I think that they are more compassionate than society makes them out to be.
Yes, I wonder if their moral evolution matched their technological advancement? You'd hope so/think so, although it's questionable whether we've really advanced morally as individuals much...sure in some countries we live in a more peaceful, understanding society, but only because our system of law and order and adherence to civic ethnics prevents most of us from most barbarism.

Saw the original 'Day the Earth Stood Still' and it got me wondering about this too. The way people describe UFO encounters, it seems like ET's are more like Cold War spies than anything else.

Old 05-08-2012, 08:47 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Hmmm Both would freak me out. Although I heard they are only one foot dimension level above ours. and Aliens are already here. They look like us I heard. Just unusually tall and have trouble speaking fluently. Very short to the point answers.

Old 05-08-2012, 08:49 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,813,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Neither actually harmed you...the ghost was a stranger, the alien look like those bug-eyed stereotypes you see on the X-files or the Roswell crash 'photos.'

Say you saw both in some remote field in the country...

Which would seem scarier? I'd actually say the ghost, since it's supernatural, while the alien is probably at least flesh and blood.
Thats an easy one for me. I was scared to death of aliens after my dad brought a rather infamous book home when I was a kid:

I tore the cover off it and threw it away because it bothered me so bad at the time (sorry dad, I lied when I told you I didn't know how your book got ruined )!

Of course I had to be curious about it anyway and read all the old-school UFO books when I was kid too, which didn't help my fears of being abducted from my bed in the middle of the night alone in my dark basement bedroom far away from the rest of my family...

But as fate would have it, ghosts turned out to be more "real" in my life than aliens. I have yet to see any personal evidence for UFOs, though I do believe there is something to the whole phenomenon... but it's probably not little bug eyed guys from Zeta Reticuli who like to collect body fluids and make little half-aliens.

Last edited by Chango; 05-08-2012 at 09:36 PM..

Old 05-08-2012, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspe4 View Post
The scariest of all would be the ghost of an alien!
Believe it or not, it's already been reported, at a town in Montana... though I can't remember the details. Maybe somebody else knows about it?

Old 05-08-2012, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Whether you know it or not they are the same thing.....demons.
Hmm... reminds me of something!

Ultimate Argument for Evolution, Clip from the movie Paul (2011) - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal