U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: which would freak you out more?
Casper 19 19.59%
ET 78 80.41%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 07:00 PM

5,585 posts, read 871,371 times

Advertisements

I would have to say Aliens would be scarier, I've already come in contact with the other.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 11:31 AM

16,408 posts, read 30,378,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Absolutely an alien. I have seen a ghost or two, but that, at least the way that they are depicted, would really scare the hell out of me.

I have more knowledge of what ghosts can and can not do, and how to deal with this.
Aliens are...alien. I'm not sure what they can do
, and their abilities may be far superior to ours.

Not a difficult guess, because we humans have not encountered any aliens, have we?
^^^
This. Seeing an alien would be a lot scarier to me than seeing a ghost.

Old 05-11-2012, 11:02 PM

10,353 posts, read 23,216,786 times
I can't take the poll. Casper and ET are both cute, not scary.

Old 05-13-2012, 01:03 PM

3,388 posts, read 6,059,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I can't take the poll. Casper and ET are both cute, not scary.
Exactly!

As for the question, neither. Ghosts/spirits I have already came into contact with, and aliens would be too facinating to not ask questions, that fear would be the least of my worries.

Old 05-16-2012, 11:18 AM

1,367 posts, read 3,046,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Whether you know it or not they are the same thing.....demons.
I've held this belief for years.

Old 09-24-2016, 08:24 PM

26,154 posts, read 16,840,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u
Whether you know it or not they are the same thing.....demons.
Well only if they were evil when they were on the physical plane mate!!

If someone was kind,etc than they still will be when released from the physical plane you and me can see.....

Old 09-25-2016, 06:12 AM

997 posts, read 693,581 times
I think that ghosts and et's are basically the same thing, different appearance and experience. I wouldn't call them demons. I think they defy labels.

To me it is the same as leprechauns and fairies and even Bigfoot. We are given these experiences for a reason and currently et's are fashionable and trendy.

I don't deny anybody's experience. It is as real as anything to the experiencer. The way it is experienced is unique for each individual, though there may be similarities. I don't believe et's are literally from outer space. They aren't from the world of matter. A group of people can have the same experience and see the same thing.

I am not saying there is no such thing as life on other planets but the huge number of reports and the way the abductions are described don't sound like typical space travel to me.

I just heard a story about fairies or little people and 2 people saw the same thing at the same time. This was someone rational and trustworthy. It was her experience but she was with someone else and they both saw it.

I have had plenty of experiences of my own but I have an understanding about how that works that is not typical, though it is consistent with the different dimension theory.

I think, all things considered I would rather see a ghost then an alien. An alien is going to want to probe you while a ghost might just haunt you. It depends on what kind of ghost and what kind of alien....I vote ghost but I reserve the right to change my vote.

Old 09-25-2016, 06:32 AM

26,154 posts, read 16,840,314 times
Lightbulb *

Just to let you know: They do not like being called GHOSTS.... They prefer to be called SPIRITS

Old 09-25-2016, 12:41 PM

3,751 posts, read 6,731,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronicka View Post
I am not saying there is no such thing as life on other planets but the huge number of reports and the way the abductions are described don't sound like typical space travel to me.

An alien is going to want to probe you while a ghost might just haunt you.
So I am really curious as to what is "typical space travel"? Because here on planet earth, we know of only one way to do it, we use a combustion fuel and the amount required and the amount that can be carried really does not take us very far.
One documentary I saw, that was not about aliens specifically, but made mention of alien technology, was that magnetics was used. That is very different power source than a lot of the TV, movies and books have used.
In the bible there are a few accounts that could be percieved as some sort of air/space craft, fire is mentioned, so I assume this was some sort of combustible fuel?
Then if we go into a more mystical and lest technical, there is the Merkaba, a spiritual space vehicle.
I have traveled through space, but not in a vessel. Call it out of body or remote viewing, or 'just a dream'.

As for being probed. Here we go with the mainstream perspective. We are not certain exactly what these abductions are. They might not be alien at all and are being executed by the hands of men. Many sinister things go on that we are not aware of.
Then there is the implanted fears and what the human brain does to try and make sense of something one cannot comprehend at all.

At the time, I did not know it, it took researching after the fact, but here is a little account that I experienced and is my offering (just one of several pieces) to say (in my opinion) that alien probing is not the norm...
Not all dreams are dreams, some are time/space adventures. In this adventure I was in a spacecraft. It looked and felt like I was in a high rise building, but when I looked out the windows, we were way to high above the city (Seattle, and I've never ever been there, does not appeal to me) and there was no 'body' of anything under this thing I was in. The room I was in was like a lunch lounge. There was a small kitchenette and a table on one end and the rest was chairs and sofas, one door in the middle of the long wall opposite the row of windows. I sat down on a sofa and then entered a regal like figure wearing a mask. He sat down next to me, so much so, that were were touching from shoulder to knee. He put a hand on my shoulder and faced me, and communicated to me telepathically. His message was one of reassurance and guidance.
He was not an alien, I never thought him to be that, I identified him to be a shaman type. Both his actions and appearance were very shaman like. So I researched starting with the mask as it was quite unique and had distinct features. I did not find the exact mask, but I found dozens with the same properties and they all came from a single tribe from Africa, the Dogon. The Dogon tribe has a very interesting history. They knew Sirius was a two star system and the existence of the outer planets long before we had a telescope powerful enough to see this for ourselves. They knew about white blood cells and other medical aspects that science would not discover until there was the equipment to look at something so minuscule.
And how did they know this? Because they had been visited by aliens long long ago and the Dogon had been told this information.
How does this say anything about probing? If the aliens that visited already knew all this, why the need to probe us now? ... Maybe a different set of aliens? I don't think so. If aliens have been around since back then, and there are other types of aliens coming to visit, there would likely be some sort of meeting of the two, be it a conflict or peaceful, I think we would have some sort of information about that event even if it is veiled in myth form. I know of no such story...but maybe there is? Fallen angels, the nephillium?

I'm one that keeps a toe in the waters that we humans are possibly more of alien origin than earthly, several ancient cultures speak of being 'born of the Stars', a 'cosmic egg' that brought 'us' here (possible answer to the missing link question). I am one of those that even as a small child, would stare up into the night sky and feel homesick.

Old 09-25-2016, 03:29 PM

997 posts, read 693,581 times
@Owlkamyst....Yes I understand your experience. I do the same sort of thing. The interactions do take place in another world so to speak. That is how I do it. Some people experience things externally, and others do it internally as you described. That is no less real. We are taught from inside though usually through stories and legends so everything can't be taken literally. It is the teachings which are important, not the legends. The legends are a vehicle for the teachings.

People experience different things in different ways, but the purpose might be similar. I was trained a certain way and I have my understandings. I don't expect other people to share my beliefs but sometimes there is common ground.

@Dude111...I know. Ghost is kind of an insult but I only use it to mean 'ghostly apparitions'. I don't even like using the word 'spirit' because it sounds so supernatural, but really that stuff is very natural. We are spirits, we have spirits, sometimes we are in high spirits. What does that word mean again? I prefer to think of it as animated energy. It feels less defining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal