Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 11:58 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,628,032 times

Advertisements

You know the whole weird thing about Dec 2012? Back in 1998 right before I got out of the Corps, I was stationed at Camp Pendelton in Cali, and was bar hopping one night with some buddies. We were all drunk by this point, when some really hot guy came out of no where and started talking to me, at the end of the night, we said out goodbyes, and the last thing he said to me was remember Dec 2012, and make things right before then.

I ignored it totally till last year when this Myan stuff came up in the mainstream, and that memory jolted back into the forefront of my mind.

Creepy huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2012, 12:16 PM

1,775 posts, read 3,785,046 times
Nothing will happen. Nostradamus predicted the end will be in the decade of 3000 something and Newton wrote something about 2062. So no, 2013 will arrive without incident.

Old 05-14-2012, 12:26 PM

1,419 posts, read 2,455,336 times
Nobody knows when the world is going to end. People need to stop trying to figure out. It could end sometime today for all we know.

Old 05-14-2012, 01:33 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,134,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princesasabia View Post
Nobody knows when the world is going to end. People need to stop trying to figure out. It could end sometime today for all we know.
I agree. The world was going to go on through 2012 I felt even before they discovered this part of the calender. Earth is a tough cookie, And she has survived earthquakes, mudslide, floods, Asteroid strikes..And us. The world and it's struggles, wars, famines and man made disasters will go on as well.

Earth was built to last. i do not think it will ever "end" per se. We might get removed and if we do, For whatever reason evolution will see to it another takes our place if anything is left.

Old 05-23-2012, 11:50 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
Default Not surprised about the Mayan calendar

I keep mentioning this New Age kook who I was friends with up until a few months ago. She lives near Walnut Creek, CA. Some "higher spirit" told her to move to California to discover the path to move further along her spiritual journey. Duped frequently over the last 29 years by various spiritual "gurus", she is planning to head to either Mexico or Sedona for the change that supposed to happen Dec 21, 2012. I knew it was pure nonsense when she told me about it.

She'd rather head to some "retreat" in preparation, like a 53-year old fool, rather than seek professional help for the self-mutilation she has been doing since she was a teenager. She'd rather be gullible and hang around a bunch of kooks, pursuing this delusional nonsense, rather than spend quality time with her suicidal daughter, whom she abandoned within months following her suicide attempt. Her mother is sick with Cancer, one would think she'd spend the time she has off for Christmas to be with her. She doesn't celebrate Christmas though. Ignorant and gullible, she has been frequently duped by spiritual "gurus", unloading thousands of dollars so they can help her "heal." One told her that she was going to die in her 68th year, and she believed it, feeling today as if she has 16 more years left.

This is the type of nutcase who believes this nonsense.

Old 05-29-2012, 09:00 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
I wonder what all those people who invested in the missle silos to live in are thinking
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal