Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 04:24 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,932,122 times

Advertisements

Next time it happens, catch one in a jar. Serious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2013, 09:49 AM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
My coworker once told us that she put on the video monitor after she put her daughter in a toddler bed, to make sure she didn't fall off. One night she was watching as her daughter in her sleep wriggled and inched toward the edge of the bed, and then she saw a HAND push her daughter away from the edge. Her husband was sleeping next to her. She went running into her daughter's room, and no one was in there. I took this with a grain of salt, but now reading these stories...

Old 06-13-2013, 03:46 PM

952 posts, read 2,634,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
My coworker once told us that she put on the video monitor after she put her daughter in a toddler bed, to make sure she didn't fall off. One night she was watching as her daughter in her sleep wriggled and inched toward the edge of the bed, and then she saw a HAND push her daughter away from the edge. Her husband was sleeping next to her. She went running into her daughter's room, and no one was in there. I took this with a grain of salt, but now reading these stories...
wow, did your coworker mention if the baby actually moved when the hand pushed the baby away from the edge?

Old 06-16-2013, 07:41 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,087,283 times
I remember back when our first son was born, we had an audio monitor, could hear into his room on the other end of the house if he started crying or something. One night I remember hearing a woman's voice saying "You are such a cute little boy" I look over and my wife is asleep in bed next to me.
I went tearing down to the other end of the house full speed, no one there except him, and he is sleeping soundly. He was probably about 9 months old at the time.
I wrote it off to a bad dream....

Old 06-16-2013, 08:03 PM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jons_wifey View Post
wow, did your coworker mention if the baby actually moved when the hand pushed the baby away from the edge?
Yes, I think she said it did. I could ask her again (daughter's around 8 now). She said she was half-asleep looking at the monitor and just watched it, thinking it was her husband's hand and then realized her husband was still asleep next to her. She'd had other experiences that led her to believe there was some sort of ghost in her house before that even happened.

Old 06-18-2013, 03:51 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,532,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
I remember back when our first son was born, we had an audio monitor, could hear into his room on the other end of the house if he started crying or something. One night I remember hearing a woman's voice saying "You are such a cute little boy" I look over and my wife is asleep in bed next to me.
I went tearing down to the other end of the house full speed, no one there except him, and he is sleeping soundly. He was probably about 9 months old at the time.
I wrote it off to a bad dream....
Audio baby monitors, especially the old analog ones, are notorious for picking up cross talk.

Old 06-20-2013, 09:52 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,087,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Audio baby monitors, especially the old analog ones, are notorious for picking up cross talk.
But ross talk from where? At the time, there were no houses on any adjacent property to ours, mostly uncleared lots in rural America
And to my knowledge, no one else had kids around

I know what I heard, but was I asleep and dreaming that I heard it, woke up and thought it was real?

Kind of like the gray alien dream I had that one time............

Old 06-25-2013, 10:00 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,268,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrot View Post
Yeah, but like I said this happens for up to an hour after…long long after the “dust settles”…no ac and no fans in the room with baby settled for quite a while. They move at different speeds and different directions. It’s weird.

I’d really be interested if others have seen this. I want to believe its dust, but it does not act like any dust I’ve seen!
It does sound like dust to me. Dust can take a long time to settle as it just floats in invisible air currents, with or without any AC, heat, or fan running. But something you can try, the next time you see it, when the "dust settles" so to speak and you stop noticing it, go into the room, walk around a couple times (trying not to wake your kid if possible), and then go back and check the monitor. Odds are you will see the same thing. Do you ever check the monitor during the day when nobody's been in the room for a while? What about putting it in another room and testing it out that way to see if you see the same thing. If you see the same thing after all these tests, I'm 100% positive it's dust.

Old 06-25-2013, 10:53 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,712,660 times
I would say its dust too. Run a air filter in the room and see if it changes anything.

Old 06-30-2013, 07:39 AM

431 posts, read 1,219,986 times
We had cross talk on our monitor all the time. We would switch channels. I could hear the new mother across the street coddling her newborn. Funny thing....after my neighbor invited us over one night...he showed us his ham radio equipment. His wife said we are not sure how to tell you this..and don't be embarrassed....but we can hear you guys having sex....and everything else you say. Must be your baby monitor. Lololol. I was. Emnarassed. Bye bye monitor!! So remember they can hear you too!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal