Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 01:56 PM

8,553 posts, read 10,975,842 times

Advertisements

None of these dreams you all are having are unusual, if you know what dreams are.
Read my other thread "What are dreams?", and you will see your dreams are normal behavior.
What makes them seem unusual to you is the fact they are completely out of the realm of your daily thinking, or personality.
When you understand their origin, you will also understand the nature of the dream, ie.. why it happened, when it happened, and the message within it.
Bob.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2012, 05:58 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,585,225 times
No prophetic dreams that I can remember, but plenty of visitations from deceased people.
Most recently, I had a dream the night one of my aunts passed away. I knew it was real. I called mom, and she confirmed that my aunt had passed. In the dream, I immediately knew she had crossed over because she looked young, happy and healthy. I told her I hoped she knew she was loved, regardless of the things that had happened (she had a lot of problems and was on-the-outs with a lot of people in the family), and she said she knew she was loved, and was happy to finally be free from the sadness and pain she experienced here. She gave me a big hug and was smiling and radiant as she walked away to embrace her new reality. It was really beautiful, and I felt so blessed to have gotten that chance to say good-bye to her.

Old 07-05-2012, 07:05 PM

8,553 posts, read 10,975,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmycat View Post
No prophetic dreams that I can remember, but plenty of visitations from deceased people.
Most recently, I had a dream the night one of my aunts passed away. I knew it was real. I called mom, and she confirmed that my aunt had passed. In the dream, I immediately knew she had crossed over because she looked young, happy and healthy. I told her I hoped she knew she was loved, regardless of the things that had happened (she had a lot of problems and was on-the-outs with a lot of people in the family), and she said she knew she was loved, and was happy to finally be free from the sadness and pain she experienced here. She gave me a big hug and was smiling and radiant as she walked away to embrace her new reality. It was really beautiful, and I felt so blessed to have gotten that chance to say good-bye to her.
That's beautiful.
You were one of the fortunate ones to actually be so involved in a dream relating to someone you cared so much about.
You know, our soul(spirit) is the one link we as humans have to the outside world.
Spirits are so inter related through generations of re-incarnation.
Over time, the spirit gains treasured friendships, and love.
Obviously your spirit, and that of your deceased aunt, are extremely close, and that goes back far beyond your physical, human lifespan.
Perhaps in lives gone before, your spirit,and hers were somehow bonded into an infinity of love, and friendship, and time, or distance, will never intercede in that relationship.
Trust me on this one, you WILL meet again. when the time is right.
Bob.

Old 07-07-2012, 06:38 AM

7,104 posts, read 11,600,888 times
A lot of people had pre-9/11 dreams, I think. It would be interesting to read them all in a central location.

I mentioned mine in another thread - I had a dream that a battleship hit a skyscraper - the full situation was that in real life I was working in NYC in a skyscraper on the 28th floor. There was a lot of unrest and infighting at my job at the time; we all worked in one large room together, and it would get very heated. There was a lot of tension at the time.

So in the dream, I was sitting at my desk and a battleship was backing into the building with a large propeller ... I was watching it come closer and yelling for everyone to get out, that something was about to hit the building, and nobody was listening. This was about two weeks before 9/11 and I think it does have double meaning. On a totally non-supernatural level, it was a metaphor for what was going on at the time...the infighting, I was feeling like I wasn't being heard. But it was very interesting that I had it right before 9/11. In the days leading up to 9/11 I also felt like I was seeing pictures of planes everywhere, and it meant something, and I didn't know what. That sort of thing has happened to me before, where I'll see something (a picture, a street sign, some object) and it's hard to explain, but seeing it seems to have double the impact, and later I'll find out it was relevant in some way. I've learned to really pay attention to those moments. So I was wondering what the meaning of this was, that the pictures of airplanes (one on a billboard, a private plane charter ad ... another in a magazine) seemed to hit me like a ton of bricks. I saw the one in the magazine on 9/10, when I was in Jersey City at the dermatologist's office; turned out later I had been within walking distance of one of the terrorist's apartments.

I've had dreams about future coworkers as well (one amusing one about a guy I'd eventually date).

It has actually been quite a while since I've had any sort of psychic experience and I'm not sure why, but for a while there I was on a roll.

Old 07-13-2012, 09:16 PM

577 posts, read 992,516 times
No personal experiences to speak of, but reading the responses reminded me of the old time country western star Johnny Horton. Horton's friends and family were well aware that he had nightmares for some time about dying in a head on car accident because of a drunk driver. Horton even went to the lengths of practicing going off the road in narrow ditches to practice in case that scenario ever came up in real life as he expected it too. When it did happen in 1960 just outside of Austin, it was on a narrow two way bridge, and Horton never had a chance to swerve off the road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal