U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-24-2012, 12:10 PM
 
900 posts, read 1,567,458 times
Reputation: 480

Advertisements

I have had them. I had an exbf who had them , too. He drempt his best friend was going to die 2 weeks before it happened. How about you guys?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-24-2012, 10:21 PM
 
Location: playing in the colorful Colorado dirt
4,486 posts, read 4,726,854 times
Reputation: 6991
Never had a prophetic dream that I can recall, but i've had several visitations that came in the form of a dream.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-24-2012, 10:46 PM
 
12,920 posts, read 14,371,280 times
Reputation: 5434
I have had several seemingly prophetic dreams which might have been explained by my subconscious processing various pieces of information that I was already aware of.

But I have also had multiple vivid dreams about areas of town where I later worked or lived at, which I cannot explain.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-24-2012, 11:42 PM
 
900 posts, read 1,567,458 times
Reputation: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I have had several seemingly prophetic dreams which might have been explained by my subconscious processing various pieces of information that I was already aware of.

But I have also had multiple vivid dreams about areas of town where I later worked or lived at, which I cannot explain.
Im sure Ive done this more than once , but I have had dreams of buildings before they'd been built , The building Im thinking of I never did work there , yet I have spent time there on a few occasions. This sort of thing means next to nothing, as of yet. Ive had meaningless dreams come true , not like the one my ex had. He was really good at getting information that way.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2012, 01:12 AM
 
16,482 posts, read 22,386,502 times
Reputation: 16272
I have had dreams several times in my life in which later on, sometimes many months later the exact thing from my dream is happening in real life, deja' vu. It is a very weird feeling and I find myself trying to mentally scroll forward, which is not easy, to try to figure out what is going to happen next. These are always very run of the mill dreams, like sitting around in a group of people having a specific conversation etc., nothing dramatic, but I am literally living what I once dreamed.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2012, 01:18 PM
 
Location: Under the Redwoods
3,751 posts, read 6,739,973 times
Reputation: 6078
I get those déjà vu dream things too.
My daughter has prophetic dreams - no surprise, her grandfather had them too.
We used to talk about them a lot when our commute was an hour long. She would tell me about her dreams from that night and within a weeks time she tells me of what happened at school or where ever the dream unfolded in the moment.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2012, 04:56 PM
 
Location: Neither here nor there
14,810 posts, read 14,756,636 times
Reputation: 32956
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
Never had a prophetic dream that I can recall, but i've had several visitations that came in the form of a dream.
Same with me. I've several visitations that occurred in a sleep-like state where I was still half asleep but knew I was lying in bed. I've also had out-of-body experiences the same way.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2012, 10:02 PM
 
Location: playing in the colorful Colorado dirt
4,486 posts, read 4,726,854 times
Reputation: 6991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Same with me. I've several visitations that occurred in a sleep-like state where I was still half asleep but knew I was lying in bed. I've also had out-of-body experiences the same way.
I guess it's different for everyone. My experiences were full on dreams, but as with the case of my fiance, my dream and his death were simultaneous. I tend to have my encounters while awake for the most part. The dreams are rare.

Never had an OOBE, not sure I would want to either.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2012, 12:22 AM
 
4,043 posts, read 3,189,888 times
Reputation: 1957
I had one, and only one...STUPID subject, worthless!! I mean seriously....in the seventies I could not have cared less about Michael jackson's music. I was too cool, a rocker and went to concerts, etc...

so why on earth did I dream that he and his family drove around our block in a huge, red, oh man the name of that auto....obnoxiously big, long like a limo, oh well, and then I read in the newspaper that he and his siblings had given their mom one of them for her birthday. Why me?! one dumb one!

However, one of best friends in my life, we're both in our fifties and she started dreaming prophetic dreams thirty years ago. Oh man, she was from a pentecostal family and at first thought maybe she was a witch. Grinning, yes cuz I think it's funny but she did, but after talking to her mom about it she got peace.

She would and still does walk through her dreams the next day, and others, the big ones take weeks and many months, and then happen. She dreamed a few mos. before 911 that planes flew into buildings, told her female physician, and about a few that had fulfilled, then when 911 hit, her doc wanted to put her into a psychic study but she declined.

We, all of her closer friends and family ask her to tell us her dreams, and we pay attention if she suggests we prepare for something, or pay attention to something. She's lowkey, doesn't tell many folks, is not on some ego trip or in any way trying to get attention with it. Says she guesses it happens and she's supposed to pray about it, and maybe warn a few folks at times, but no way is she comfortable telling many folks about the dreaming thing, and doesn't.

She is a professional with a busy, fulfilling life and yes, a reputation to care about.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2012, 09:55 AM
 
Location: playing in the colorful Colorado dirt
4,486 posts, read 4,726,854 times
Reputation: 6991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
I had one, and only one...STUPID subject, worthless!! I mean seriously....in the seventies I could not have cared less about Michael jackson's music. I was too cool, a rocker and went to concerts, etc...

so why on earth did I dream that he and his family drove around our block in a huge, red, oh man the name of that auto....obnoxiously big, long like a limo, oh well, and then I read in the newspaper that he and his siblings had given their mom one of them for her birthday. Why me?! one dumb one!

However, one of best friends in my life, we're both in our fifties and she started dreaming prophetic dreams thirty years ago. Oh man, she was from a pentecostal family and at first thought maybe she was a witch. Grinning, yes cuz I think it's funny but she did, but after talking to her mom about it she got peace.

She would and still does walk through her dreams the next day, and others, the big ones take weeks and many months, and then happen. She dreamed a few mos. before 911 that planes flew into buildings, told her female physician, and about a few that had fulfilled, then when 911 hit, her doc wanted to put her into a psychic study but she declined.

We, all of her closer friends and family ask her to tell us her dreams, and we pay attention if she suggests we prepare for something, or pay attention to something. She's lowkey, doesn't tell many folks, is not on some ego trip or in any way trying to get attention with it. Says she guesses it happens and she's supposed to pray about it, and maybe warn a few folks at times, but no way is she comfortable telling many folks about the dreaming thing, and doesn't.

She is a professional with a busy, fulfilling life and yes, a reputation to care about.
I can see why she would be lowkey.

My sisters and I grew up as Fundy's too, the three of us are sensitives, it runs in the women of the family although it skipped over our mother.

Anyway, those people take a REALLY dim view of anything like that. It's demons! Demons I tell ya!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top