U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-25-2014, 12:48 PM
 
12,201 posts, read 11,506,057 times
Reputation: 4915

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
The area where we spotted the mountain lion was three miles into deep woods. There were only logging roads and camp roads. Your argument is that we have to run to wherever somebody says there is another sighting - even without solid proof. I could not even get my Game Commission to come out and investigate our mountain lion sighting - I supposed they are couch potatoes?
I understand what you are saying.You were dealing with a govt entity. I am not. In reality you don't have to go three miles into the woods. They follow the creeks always follow the creeks etc. More sightings close to towns than out in the bush. There is quite a few people from the Paris Tx area that go to PAT MAYES LAKE. Go to the south side shelter house area. On weekends quite a few people just go there to sit our side and listen to them howl off to the east. There is about 5 thousand acres that adjoins the lake that is a old practice bombing area and there a quite a few BF in this area.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-25-2014, 12:49 PM
 
18,094 posts, read 15,724,895 times
Reputation: 25191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Anyone that just hangs on a computer and or tv for their info are behind the curve. Go see for yourself.
Yes, because the Internet just lacks any info, and no one that uses the Internet or watches TV ever has been outdoors.

I have hiked about everywhere, from Alaska, to Arkansas, to the Appalachians, to Central Asia and India; I am hardly an inexperieinced hiker/outdoorsman.

You state "gp see for your self", well, waiting for that absolute proof that would incline me to spend resources to go and se. If you had that kind of proof, every scientist, researcher, and their brother would be flocking to see this proof of bigfoot. If your proof was so factual, it would not even be a debate; you do not see a debate over if bears or mice exist.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2014, 12:54 PM
 
18,094 posts, read 15,724,895 times
Reputation: 25191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I understand what you are saying.You were dealing with a govt entity. I am not. In reality you don't have to go three miles into the woods. They follow the creeks always follow the creeks etc. More sightings close to towns than out in the bush. There is quite a few people from the Paris Tx area that go to PAT MAYES LAKE. Go to the south side shelter house area. On weekends quite a few people just go there to sit our side and listen to them howl off to the east. There is about 5 thousand acres that adjoins the lake that is a old practice bombing area and there a quite a few BF in this area.
Wow, a whopping five thousand acres; with an area so small containing so many bigfoots, you would think there would be proof of their existence. Five thousand acres is a small area, not difficult to set up a system to capture evidence of a bigfoot. But of course bigfoot would have to exist for their to be evidence.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2014, 01:01 PM
 
12,201 posts, read 11,506,057 times
Reputation: 4915
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Yes, because the Internet just lacks any info, and no one that uses the Internet or watches TV ever has been outdoors.

I have hiked about everywhere, from Alaska, to Arkansas, to the Appalachians, to Central Asia and India; I am hardly an inexperieinced hiker/outdoorsman.

You state "gp see for your self", well, waiting for that absolute proof that would incline me to spend resources to go and se. If you had that kind of proof, every scientist, researcher, and their brother would be flocking to see this proof of bigfoot. If your proof was so factual, it would not even be a debate; you do not see a debate over if bears or mice exist.
You are wanting proof from me. I need some proof from you that you have done all this hiking you claim.
Did you scout around your camp every morning to see if a BF had stood off and watched you? I THINK YOU DID NOT, MAYBE ONCE BUT NO MORE. You will find a spot where the ground is mashed down and most likely you will find a pile of crap and or where they took a leak.

In previous threads i have read posts by other supposed hikers that have hiked and camped everywhere across the world and never had an encounter either and i seriously doubt that they scouted out the area around camp after the night before. How can a person say that a BF did or didn't come near or into your camp while you were sleeping?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2014, 01:59 PM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
17,773 posts, read 14,059,877 times
Reputation: 13701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
You are wanting proof from me. I need some proof from you that you have done all this hiking you claim.
Did you scout around your camp every morning to see if a BF had stood off and watched you? I THINK YOU DID NOT, MAYBE ONCE BUT NO MORE. You will find a spot where the ground is mashed down and most likely you will find a pile of crap and or where they took a leak.

In previous threads i have read posts by other supposed hikers that have hiked and camped everywhere across the world and never had an encounter either and i seriously doubt that they scouted out the area around camp after the night before. How can a person say that a BF did or didn't come near or into your camp while you were sleeping?
I used to be a trucker; I am now retired. I always loved hunting, fishing and nature. As I drove my approximately 100,000 miles a year, through most of the US, I always looked for wildlife or signs of wildlife. Yes; you can argue with me that I did not get up and personal with nature from a commercial truck seat. However, in the snow; you can spot human or animal tracks from a long ways away. I spent a lot of my time driving in snow and never saw any tracks that resembled Big Foot. I also never spotted Big Foot road kill. Even humans are killed trying to cross our busy roads - you think Big Foot is smarter?

Just because you have a dream does not make it reality for the rest of us. If a hunter/naturalist can take pictures of a three legged bear walking upright; why can't one Big Foot hunter? Many of the believers spend their nights hollering to each other and running from shadows. If these creatures exist; they are not just nocturnal or smart enough to avoid all trail cameras - one has to make a mistake.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2014, 02:04 PM
 
18,094 posts, read 15,724,895 times
Reputation: 25191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
You are wanting proof from me. I need some proof from you that you have done all this hiking you claim.
You will have to take my word for it, as I could easily jsut take pics off the Internet to show as proof. But I am not trying to prove a claim that would shake the scientific world, as well as show proof one of the biggest myths in hsitory is not a myth, bus in fact true.

Also, my claim of hiking is an activity done by millions fo people each year, so it is hardly unique. if I stated I hiked on the Moon, yea, that would be rare and I would have to submit some proof of that. However, you are trying to claim bigfoot exists, yet you offer no proof at all, no one ever has, in all of history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Did you scout around your camp every morning to see if a BF had stood off and watched you? I THINK YOU DID NOT, MAYBE ONCE BUT NO MORE. You will find a spot where the ground is mashed down and most likely you will find a pile of crap and or where they took a leak.
No, I also do not look to make sure Santa came, the Easter Bunny, nor if witches flying on brooms came.

If you have evidence of bigfoot's existence in terms of waste products, which you do not, again, there would be no debate because there would be proof it exists. We are not debating bobcats exist, moutain lions, etc, because ther eis proof. You nor anyone has offered proof of bigfoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
In previous threads i have read posts by other supposed hikers that have hiked and camped everywhere across the world and never had an encounter either and i seriously doubt that they scouted out the area around camp after the night before. How can a person say that a BF did or didn't come near or into your camp while you were sleeping?
Why "suuposed" hikers? You think hiking is unqie or something that is rarely done? Millions of people hike and camp, it is not a rare activity that would require some extra proof. However, your claim of bigfoot existing is something that would require proof, as there has never been proof of bigfoot existing.

Now you engage in the fallacy of "how you know he not come into your camp", which is a reflection of your constant fallacy in this debate in which you think lack of evidence is proof that bigfoot exists. I never seen a bear walk into my camping area, yet I can demonstrate proof bears exist. I never had a zebra walk into my camp, yet I can prove zebras exist. Since I did not "scout" around my camp, nor can determine if one came into my camp, to you that means bigfoot exist because I did not prove it does not.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2014, 05:34 PM
 
Location: Just outside of Portland
4,828 posts, read 6,467,461 times
Reputation: 5058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post

Anyone that keeps refuting the facts and refuses to go see and experience this for themselves imo are just WIDE MOUTH FROGS. Just sitting on the bank and croaking but nevwer actually doing anything.


IMO the burden of proof requires you do do something rather than sit in a chair at a computer and blatantly denying any fact that comes your way.
I have looked for almost 60 years in the supposed heart of PNW bigfoot areas and never seen a darn thing that proves bigfoot exists.

NOT.A DARN.THING.
PERIOD.

Read my post (#98) above.
I do way more than sit around my computer being a virtual bigfoot hunter.



Around here there are plenty of legends and stories of extreme native american "shamans" and "holy men" that abandon all civilized life and go totally wild, to the point where they themselves become feral and are as non-human as the wildest animal.
They avoid human contact at all costs, but are still curious because they are still men.

I believe that legend is more realistic, logical, and probable than the "BigFoot" legends.

Last edited by pdxMIKEpdx; 04-25-2014 at 05:57 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2014, 10:23 AM
 
12,201 posts, read 11,506,057 times
Reputation: 4915
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxMIKEpdx View Post
I have looked for almost 60 years in the supposed heart of PNW bigfoot areas and never seen a darn thing that proves bigfoot exists.

NOT.A DARN.THING.
PERIOD.

Read my post (#98) above.
I do way more than sit around my computer being a virtual bigfoot hunter.



Around here there are plenty of legends and stories of extreme native american "shamans" and "holy men" that abandon all civilized life and go totally wild, to the point where they themselves become feral and are as non-human as the wildest animal.
They avoid human contact at all costs, but are still curious because they are still men.

I believe that legend is more realistic, logical, and probable than the "BigFoot" legends.
As i said. Get your butts down in eastern OK and do some camping in McCurtain Cty or Leflore Cty and you won't be such naysayers.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2014, 03:13 PM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
17,773 posts, read 14,059,877 times
Reputation: 13701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
As i said. Get your butts down in eastern OK and do some camping in McCurtain Cty or Leflore Cty and you won't be such naysayers.
Last time you said "PAT MAYES LAKE" near Paris, TX. Actually I did the Google Earth program on that lake. There are not too many evergreen trees around the lake. One good flyover, with night vision cameras, could easily prove or disprove if there is anything there. On the Google Earth pictures there were no leaves on the trees - most places you could see if there was any large big foot. Now your going to tell us that they only stand under evergreen trees in the Fall, Winter and Spring?

Give us a break! We have the technology to prove or disprove this claim. You just find it easier to work on word of mouth or rumor.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2014, 03:50 PM
 
18,094 posts, read 15,724,895 times
Reputation: 25191
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Last time you said "PAT MAYES LAKE" near Paris, TX. Actually I did the Google Earth program on that lake. There are not too many evergreen trees around the lake. One good flyover, with night vision cameras, could easily prove or disprove if there is anything there. On the Google Earth pictures there were no leaves on the trees - most places you could see if there was any large big foot. Now your going to tell us that they only stand under evergreen trees in the Fall, Winter and Spring?

Give us a break! We have the technology to prove or disprove this claim. You just find it easier to work on word of mouth or rumor.
The poster has a real skewed view of what remote and large desolate areas are. He thinks 5000 acres is a lot, and he thinks SE Oklahoma is a remote area; SE OK is dotted with farm fields and what is not farming, is popular hunting areas or hiking areas or just where people live and work; it is hardly an area absent of human activity, present or past. A person would not even be able to get lost in SE OK if they tried.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top