Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 05:53 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,815,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Miaugie View Post
The beliefs of the before life or reincarnation have stood strong for over 8000yrs. How come I can't remember my past life?! Is there anyone on this forum that has had any past life experiences?
Probably because you didn't have one...

Reincarnation appeals to me, I admit... and I've read several books on the subject but chances are it just ain't happening...

...BUT, if there are infinite universes along the lines of M theory, you would have to allow for the probability that versions of "you" are living out every life contingency possible at the same time across the mulitverse (a much better way to get a complete life experience, BTW).

So somewhere somebody is watching the female movie-star version of me doing her first scandalous naughty scene on the big screen, while another version of me is Pharaoh Changohotep of the 18th dynasty in Egypt in 1800 BC and yet another is serving time in prison in Uzbekistan for stealing Habib's favorite 1972 lime green Peugeot and yet another me is still at work griping about how bad 12 hour work days suck.

Maybe someone is gathering all those experiences in some higher plane and calling itself "god"? Maybe there is feedback across the multiverse from time to time... what some interpret as past lives could actually be glimpses of alternate lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2012, 06:01 PM

1,187 posts, read 995,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Probably because you didn't have one...

Reincarnation appeals to me, I admit... and I've read several books on the subject but chances are it just ain't happening...

...BUT, if there are infinite universes along the lines of M theory, you would have to allow for the probability that versions of "you" are living out every life contingency possible at the same time across the mulitverse (a much better way to get a complete life experience, BTW).

So somewhere somebody is watching the female movie-star version of me doing her first scandalous naughty scene on the big screen, while another version of me is Pharaoh Changohotep of the 18th dynasty in Egypt in 1800 BC and yet another is serving time in prison in Uzbekistan for stealing Habib's favorite 1972 lime green Peugeot and yet another me is still at work griping about how bad 12 hour work days suck.

Maybe someone is gathering all those experiences in some higher plane and calling itself "god"? Maybe there is feedback across the multiverse from time to time... what some interpret as past lives could actually be glimpses of alternate lives.
Well there is a theory, that I"m not sure I can explain very well, that says that all time is happening now. So in a sense you could be correct, that past lives are alternate lives.. or maybe because all time is happening now, our past lives could just be glimpses into other peoples lives that are happening at the same time, right now.

I think that theory was in Seth Speaks and it made my head spin at the time. LOL!

Old 06-06-2012, 08:42 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
My youngest daughter used to refer to the time when she was older.

I think small children retain vague memories of their past life that fade as they get older. Why? Maybe it's meant to remind them of why they are here in this life.

For some things there is no logical explanation, they just are what they are.
My son came to me when he was little, oh, 5 years old or younger, and he was very serious....he said,
"Mommy, I remember being here a long long time ago, and I came back"....I was stunned, and thought, hmmmm, Children have a much higher sensory perception, so there has to be some truth to that. He was extremely perceptive when he was younger....to the point where, he swore he heard an accident out on the road, and begged me to come follow him. He was in his room studing. He ran down the steps and was horrified, so I followed him, while he begged me to go faster that we needed to help. When we got there, there was nothing. But, the very next morning, in that very spot was a fatal accident. I didn't tell him, he was at school and I didn't think it important that he needed to know that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal