Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2018, 11:46 PM

30,160 posts, read 11,789,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
I don't personally think deja vu is "supernatural" in origin... it's most likely a harmless error in brain function where the "I remember that!" brain signal(s) is accidentally fired. It feels weird because there is no memory recall to go along with it like usual, making it unusually noticeable and confusing.

Exactly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2018, 11:42 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I believe you. I remember being in my crib. I also remember sitting in a playpen with a wet diaper and crying. Mom told me that I was potty trained shortly after I was two years old, so I must have been pretty young at the time.

I don't remember my birth, but I think that maybe I didn't want to be born. After three uneventful births, mom and I had to suffer a forceps delivery. She was in pain, and I guess I was zonked from the drugs.

Many, many years ago, I thought that everyone experienced deja vu, dreamed about their possible past lives, and had some idea of what was going to happen next. Apparently not.
thank you, I'm so glad to have met someone who does remember....

I believe Deja vu, is cell memory...you know how a dog circles and circles and then finally lays down...they say that is cell memory, from when the wild wolves circled and laid down for the night, so that they were either upwind or downwind....? So if that's true, then Deja Vu might be the same thing.

Old 01-21-2021, 05:38 PM

433 posts, read 532,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krug View Post
My Take.

#1 theory. Your eyes take in the stimuli, and as the neural message passes through the brain to the occipital lobe, it triggers other parts of the brain, either stimulating a similar memory or by the time your brain get the signal back from the occipital lobe, it is viewed as "old news"

#2 theory. Deja vu experiences are triggered via the collective unconsciousness, therefore, it's not really your memory but that of someone else, living or dead, who previously experienced it.

I like both, and believe its probably both
"Psychologists who study memory point out that we have memories for things that have happened to us, and also memory for where we encountered the things that happened to us. That memory for where we encountered information is called source memory."....
"A paper by Anne Cleary, Anthony Ryals, and Jason Nomi in the December, 2009 issue of Psychonomic Bulletin and Review suggests one factor that leads to the experience. They had people study a number of drawings of scenes. Later, they were shown a number of new scenes and were asked whether they had seen them before. Some of those new scenes had a similar configuration to ones they had studied earlier, but all of the objects were different. For example, during the first phase of the experiment, people might have seen an alley between a fence and a building. Later, they might have seen an alley between a train station and a train. In this case, people often felt that the new scene was familiar, and participants often reported a strong feeling that they had seen the new scene before."

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...what-is-d-j-vu

YMMV

Old 01-22-2021, 11:43 AM

13,630 posts, read 10,031,964 times
I get it, and often I know when and where it was that it happened before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMsDKzTNhKY

Old 01-27-2021, 03:45 PM

2,029 posts, read 1,365,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelly1996 View Post
Just curious to see if anyone here ever experiences this? What does it mean?

I have experienced this in my 29 years of life - maybe once a year or so. What gets me is the feeling I get when it happens - you know, the feeling of it already happening before...
Only once or twice but one time...we did a lot of beer, weed and to this day don't know what it was, we guess mescaline . Went to the movies and saw a nature film called The Wonder of it All...I was describing scenes right before they came on...my friends would say...when did you see this before? I had never seen it but kept describing scenes, even narrative before it came on. At the time, it was like I know I saw this before...but how could I have?

Old 01-27-2021, 05:30 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,874,954 times
Quote:
See I view the dog circling differently and really do believe it is from Genetic memory but not from Deja vu.

Thousands of years ago, dogs, actually most animals who lived in the wild, had to lay upwind so that while they were sleeping, if a predator came near while they were sleeping their nose would pick up the scent, and they'd awaken.
Dont know how anyone would know what goes on in a dogs mind - however close they are to their dog. I heard it was to make a bed in the grass so they are not laying on the bare ground. All these are human interpretations of a doggy mindset.

As others have said previously, if everything is happening now, then 'previous' lives are also happening now. Some people theorize that we, as a spirit, can focus our attention or awareness into different points in time and experience different 'realities' or lifetimes in order to learn different experiences. Like you are looking down at a movie film and focusing on one frame(being a lifetime). Maybe dejavu is focusing on a different part of the movie for an instant?

Old 02-10-2021, 11:48 AM

1,748 posts, read 1,296,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
I have had a number of times in my life where I had dreams and later, often months later that same exact thing plays out. It is a very strange feeling.

I had these same experiences a number of times which I posted them in another deja vu thread years ago. One particular moment was when I was with an ex bf, that I found senario everything was too familiar even the clothes he was wearing, I surely had dreamt of the scenario way before even I knew the ex.. Totally unexplainable and spooky. I also noticed such deja vu stops to happen if not rarely as you get older.

Old 02-15-2021, 08:39 PM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softcrunch View Post
I had these same experiences a number of times which I posted them in another deja vu thread years ago. One particular moment was when I was with an ex bf, that I found senario everything was too familiar even the clothes he was wearing, I surely had dreamt of the scenario way before even I knew the ex.. Totally unexplainable and spooky. I also noticed such deja vu stops to happen if not rarely as you get older.
I don't find them spooky. My brain is nearly always on. I may be asleep, but my brain is still recording.

Old 02-24-2021, 03:41 PM

8 posts, read 2,892 times
I once lived in France with my French Fiance who barely spoke two words of English. Needless to say it was an interesting and funny conversation trying to get her to understand what I meant when I asked her what do they call déjà vu in French, but in French.

Because "déjà vu" literally means "already seen", she didn't know what the hell I was talking about, LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal