Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 05:03 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,132,701 times

Advertisements

And we come to the famous "Bermuda triangle" well known to all over the years for planes and ships vanishing into limbo. I have been doing research on this subject and am starting to feel it is more of a case of human errors, Freak waves or weather conditions and other natural phenomena like methane gas pockets. Found an article here:

Bermuda Triangle Explained!

People have reported mysterious lights, And this may lend an explanation. I doubt UFO's are stealing our vessels time and again in the same spot over the years. I was always a bit skeptical on this mystery. Any thoughts? Experiences?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2012, 08:42 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,813,426 times
I'd have to agree with you. It's a very busy area for ship and air traffic, prone to bad weather and probably natural magnetic disturbances. To top it off, people had some extremely bad luck in those parts for a couple of decades and a myth was born.

Notice how nobody talks about it today... are the aliens gone, or do we just have better navigation equipment today?

Old 06-04-2012, 10:06 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,272,296 times
The "mysterious" disappearances have all been explained, including the Marie Celeste.

What I wonder is, why LE never give any thought to alien abduction when talking about missing people.

It explains everything...

Old 06-08-2012, 12:45 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,223,738 times
I've been thru the triangle numerous times, not so much as a shiver.

While I can't say with absolute certainty that it's ALL hype, i'm pretty sure a lot of the anecdotal evidence has been greatly embellished.

Old 06-09-2012, 08:29 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times
I'll relate a strange dream I had about Bermuda, which may or may not be related to the Bermuda Triangle phenomenon.

I live in Perth, Western Australia. It's antipode (the point on the globe furthest away from another point) on land is the island of Bermuda. Once I dreamnt that I visited Bermuda. Not sure why Bermuda, I can't remember whether I'd read about it or seen a programme on it...anyway, I remember the palm trees and how the main town looked as the light aircraft was landing. Now I don't THINK I'd actually seen photos or videos of Hamilton before, but when I googled 'Hamilton' the buildings etc looked just like they did in my dream. That in itself wasn't the 'creepy' part of it...

I remember going on a group tour with some tourists to visit some of the sights around town. I don't know if there's anything like it in Bermuda itself, but the tour guide, who had a esoteric, occult aura about her (who I think was a black witch doctor or voodoo priestess) lead us to this strange cemetery which was contained in what appeared to be Greek-temple like building. There were normal looking tombstones, crosses, and weird, kind of cylindrical shaped stones. Anyway, she said something and walked over to one of the stones and then sort of 'de-materialized' in front of us, becoming like a spirit, before vanishing!

That was the end of the dream, but when I awoke the idea struck me that what if my astral body - or 'dream body' had literally travelled through the centre of the Earth? Why did I dream about Bermuda, about such a spooky occurrence taking place there?

Old 07-03-2012, 05:29 PM

7,072 posts, read 9,617,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
The "mysterious" disappearances have all been explained, including the Marie Celeste.

What I wonder is, why LE never give any thought to alien abduction when talking about missing people.

It explains everything...

What happened to Flight 19 and the flying boat that was sent up to locate the missing planes?

Old 07-04-2012, 02:46 AM

577 posts, read 992,516 times
The "Bermuda Triangle" was an area of heavy traffic which admittedly had a few mysterious disappearances, which were exaggerated and added onto with other mysteries which didn't even take place in the "triangle". Still, they're are some interesting mysteries there. The disappearance of Flight 19, and of the USS Cyclops being the most famous. One of the most interesting is the disappearance of pilot Carolyn Cascio and her aircraft. Cascio flew from Nassau to Grand Turk island. Cascio was heard on radio expressing bewilderment that although flying over Grand Turk island, she and her passenger saw no airport or buildings on the island. At the same time, islanders and the airport at Grand Turk could see a small plane circling the island, but they could not raise her on the radio. The plane then banked away from the island into a cloudbank and disappeared. One of the messages heard from Cascio was " Is there no way out of this?", which has fueled all sorts of speculative theories ever since.

Carolyn Cascio

Old 07-04-2012, 03:54 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,132,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbia Blue View Post
The "Bermuda Triangle" was an area of heavy traffic which admittedly had a few mysterious disappearances, which were exaggerated and added onto with other mysteries which didn't even take place in the "triangle". Still, they're are some interesting mysteries there. The disappearance of Flight 19, and of the USS Cyclops being the most famous. One of the most interesting is the disappearance of pilot Carolyn Cascio and her aircraft. Cascio flew from Nassau to Grand Turk island. Cascio was heard on radio expressing bewilderment that although flying over Grand Turk island, she and her passenger saw no airport or buildings on the island. At the same time, islanders and the airport at Grand Turk could see a small plane circling the island, but they could not raise her on the radio. The plane then banked away from the island into a cloudbank and disappeared. One of the messages heard from Cascio was " Is there no way out of this?", which has fueled all sorts of speculative theories ever since.

Carolyn Cascio
i have heard this story. It was a strange one indeed, Like she flew into oblivion. There certainly are pockets in the world that are unusual, And much unknown to boot.

Old 07-11-2012, 03:38 PM
ttk

79 posts, read 178,887 times
Ive always heard the extreme magnetic strength at the point of the bt

Old 03-07-2013, 01:57 AM

1,192 posts, read 3,483,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
And we come to the famous "Bermuda triangle" well known to all over the years for planes and ships vanishing into limbo. I have been doing research on this subject and am starting to feel it is more of a case of human errors, Freak waves or weather conditions and other natural phenomena like methane gas pockets. Found an article here:

Bermuda Triangle Explained!

People have reported mysterious lights, And this may lend an explanation. I doubt UFO's are stealing our vessels time and again in the same spot over the years. I was always a bit skeptical on this mystery. Any thoughts? Experiences?
No way, unbeliever!

The Bermuda Triangle is indeed a portal to a parallel world in another dimension in the multi-verse.
[I saw this on the TV series "StarGate"]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal