Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 08:01 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,086,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelly1996 View Post
I know this doesn't answer your question, but I just thought I would share...

I remember clearly witnessing my grandma (on dad's side) do "brujeria" (witchcraft/curses in Spanish) on friends...and sadly even family. I never knew what it was she was doing, but now as an adult, I know. What's really wicked is everything she did panned out. This is the whole reason why my parents moved hundreds of miles away from that area...it was known for a lot of that wicked stuff. And well my grandma wasn't the sweet old grandma they are presumed to be.

On the other hand...
A few years ago we were visited by my husband's great uncle from Mexico...we were told by my in-laws that he was a good witch doctor. Kind of creeped me out knowing that. He was there to meet us for the first time - it had nothing to do with his "ability". Anyway, when he walked into our home and settled in, he started asking us personal questions that were things (problems) that we were actually going through at the time. I was shocked he knew so much in detail. He said that someone was trying to "curse" us!! He described two persons to us...from the facts he gave us we know who they are...one close friend and the other could be one of three family members of which includes my grandma. She still lives today. Anyway, he did his "curing thing" and since then things have been fine.
i can relate--am not mexican but my ethnic background has brujas too and my family believed in the cursing and going to someone to remove the curse
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2012, 04:12 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,132,701 times
Default Never really believed in it.

I have come to find that we can be our own worst enemy sometimes in a real world sense. Many often do not handle stress in a healthy manner. I have done this myself. That said, I am not a believer in rituals to cause misfortune. There would be no wars or conflicts if it was this simple. Karma, Well that sounds like the way it should be but many seem to live negative lives and nothing happens to them. Met lie and they get elected. Cheat and steal and live good lives. Then you here of a good person who suffers a bad fate despite being/doing good. But here's the deal i think:

True good gives to others unselfishly. Not worried about being "paid back" in life. Not referring to money either. Though one helping hand does deserve another. it's not expecting it that is relevant here.

I think i ran off topic a bit but this thread brings up how I feel on this topic.

Old 06-12-2012, 01:08 AM

24,120 posts, read 32,468,260 times
There are curses. People don't like to believe it, but there are. And there are ways to diagnose if a curse ids your problem.

They can be removed. However it takes a skilled practitioner.

Old 06-17-2012, 11:06 AM

7 posts, read 16,413 times
How does one know if there's a curse on them though? I assume you'd have to go to a practitioner of bruja stuff, Santeria, etc, but there are so many frauds out there. If you go to a fraud, of course they'll tell you that you have a curse, and it will just happen to take hundreds of dollars to lift it. How do you find the people who are genuine practitioners of this stuff?

Old 06-17-2012, 07:17 PM

1,366 posts, read 3,346,548 times
The lead singer of Megadeth said he tried cursing people twice and was haunted (figuratively and literally) for years by it. He claims both curses worked, but he regrets it now. It doesn't sound like your "curse" is of evil intention, but I'd think twice. Pray about it instead. No risk of "bad energy" coming back at ya with that route.

Old 06-17-2012, 09:35 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,468,260 times
Curses exist but I am NOT recommending them. They are very real.

Why would you want to put a curse on another?

It can't be good. Freeing one's self from a curse is another mater.

Old 06-17-2012, 11:34 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Curses exist but I am NOT recommending them. They are very real.

Why would you want to put a curse on another?

It can't be good. Freeing one's self from a curse is another mater.
I've said I don't believe in curses, more the power of suggestion. I'm rethinking it though.

Recently, I was dog and house sitting and had my lap top with me. I do some buying and selling of vintage items online, saw an item I wanted to bid on. The bid was at 6.66, for several days. When bidding time was closing it was still at that number, so, I told myself I was being superstitious over nothing and put in my bid. I did win the item. That nite, the owners 50in' TV blew out, the dishwasher, one of the plants in a hanging basket died...over nite looking like limp noodles. I'm telling you, the plant looked in perfect health the day before. And then backed into a histronic woman at the gas station, less than 5mph (I swear to this, no damage to either car) who screamed, "My babies", said her car flew up in the air, but didn't want me to call 911 bc she didn't feel like waiting.

I've gotta stop clicking on, and reading this thread...

Old 06-19-2012, 04:43 AM

13,583 posts, read 15,659,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNKY View Post
The lead singer of Megadeth said he tried cursing people twice and was haunted (figuratively and literally) for years by it. He claims both curses worked, but he regrets it now. It doesn't sound like your "curse" is of evil intention, but I'd think twice. Pray about it instead. No risk of "bad energy" coming back at ya with that route.
Praying is actually what I did. I just asked that Yahweh (i.e. God) make so-and-so go away so I would not have to deal with him again. I guess it's not a curse as some people would define it, but it's more along the lines of how King David prayed for the smiting of his enemies.

Old 06-19-2012, 06:06 AM

1,366 posts, read 3,346,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Praying is actually what I did. I just asked that Yahweh (i.e. God) make so-and-so go away so I would not have to deal with him again. I guess it's not a curse as some people would define it, but it's more along the lines of how King David prayed for the smiting of his enemies.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:37 AM

754 posts, read 1,018,041 times
im a bills fan so yes curses are real
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal