Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 10:37 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,468,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
The store sounds awesome, I could spend a day flipping thru books, and looking over merchandise.

My knowledge on spells, good or bad, are limited, I've always stayed away from it. So, what do I know, I'm ignorant on the topic.
I know you'd love the store! He has a mixture of new and used books and sells everything from crystals to tarot cards, gift items, costumes, jewelry and a number of other items.

The books, and this man's interesting stories about local history and hauntings really set the place apart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2012, 02:32 AM

577 posts, read 992,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I know you'd love the store! He has a mixture of new and used books and sells everything from crystals to tarot cards, gift items, costumes, jewelry and a number of other items.

The books, and this man's interesting stories about local history and hauntings really set the place apart.
You need to get him to post some of those stories here.. I for one would love to hear some of those stories about the "Hungry Susqie". if you remember a few of them, it would make for some interesting reading I'd bet.
On the other hand, your in-law sounds like pure poison. I would avoid her like the plague, to the point of changing phone numbers etc. to lose all possible contact.

Old 06-21-2012, 12:04 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,223,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
This is how I feel. My intuition tells me that the man is honest and spiritual. He's helped others in this situation. His diagnoses, if you will, makes sense from a metaphysical point of view.

We decided that we had nothing to lose. His sister has only caused problems over the years and fueled his mother's hatred of our marriage. She also hired the private investigator to "reunite the family" then proceeded to snub us by not inviting us to her daughter and son's weddings!

Now that she wrote an insulting and condescending letter to my eldest child as a "graduation gift" - tucked inside a graduation card, admonishing him to be nothing like us and to accept Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior, I feel that a line has been crossed.

She also instructed him "not to believe us" about things we might have said about her mother. My husband's mother.

One thing the mother said said open finding out that I was pregnant with my son was "Well what are you going to do?" This was said in front of my husband and brother who went their to pick up some belongings of my husband. They were shocked. My husband said "What do you mean what are we going to do?" To which she replied "You can't have a baby with HER!" meaning me.

My brother said "Are you suggesting that my sister have an abortion?" to which she replied "Oh I don't know ...what, but she can't have that baby!"

When I did, understandably I did not want her near my baby boy.

She did visit me in the hospital and saw him at a holiday. I was carrying him and she said "He's so beautiful!" to which I replied "Yes, he is." Then she said, out of no where "One is enough!"

She held out her hand with her palm directed towards me. As if to say "STOP!"

I said to her that we planned to have several more. We never did. I was diagnosed with idiopathic premature ovarian failure. Incidentally, my mother had her last baby at 42, my grandmother at 45. I come from a VERY fertile line of women on both sides of the family. Most have at least three kids and do not marry early. Surprise babies are the norm.

She said "NO" "Don't be greedy! That's too much on MY SON!" (responsibility)

Strangely, his brother only has one biological son and a daughter adopted from China.

Anyone's thoughts would be appreciated.
To be honest, I think I would have bound her myself, with duct tape! How dare she!

She kinda reminds me of my MIL, holier than thou.

It got to the point that I just told her off. I went for the throat. Granted, it wasn't the most adult way to deal with the problem but sometimes you have to get on their level.

She didn't speak to me for a while but at least she's realized that her behavior was out of line and she's started treating the family with more respect.

I'm pretty sure i'm out of her will though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal