Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2012, 04:33 PM

62 posts, read 212,095 times

Advertisements

Taman Shud Case - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Has anyone ever read through the deatils of the Taman Shud Case? Any ideas

I'm completely on board with a time travel gone wrong experiment, call it crazy....but at one time we thought moon walking was crazy too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2012, 05:24 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,045,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissesAnna View Post
Taman Shud Case - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Has anyone ever read through the deatils of the Taman Shud Case? Any ideas

I'm completely on board with a time travel gone wrong experiment, call it crazy....but at one time we thought moon walking was crazy too
This was an interesting case. There is a "Spy" theory that seems to fit well.

Old 06-20-2012, 06:14 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,248,078 times
This happened just down the road from me, coincidentally also just down the road from where the Beaumont children disappeared. Both are very mysterious and appear on numerous "worlds greatest mystery" lists.

Maybe there is a black hole along there...an older man disappeared along there too...just vanished into thin air.

http://www.beaumontchildren.com/

http://www.missingpersons.gov.au/mis...th-robert.aspx

Old 06-20-2012, 06:21 PM

I personally put some credence into the spy story.

There was a strong US presence here in SA at the time, and it was in the days of extreme paranoia, just before the cold war. There was also a local girl peripherally involved who was an Army nurse IIRC.

Old 06-20-2012, 06:21 PM

Very interesting! Gonna read that the Beaumont children thing!

With the somerton man, I guessed the government had employed him to take part in time travel exercises/operations. He was in great shape, perhaps x-military scientist. I just suspicion his heart gave out during space travel, or he was exposed to a chemical. It seems governments are so competitive with one another, they would certainly cut the tags from his clothes and remove all telling evidence for their own privacy. Russians are amazing scientist, he looks Russian to me.

Old 06-20-2012, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissesAnna View Post
Very interesting! Gonna read that the Beaumont children thing!

With the somerton man, I guessed the government had employed him to take part in time travel exercises/operations. He was in great shape, perhaps x-military scientist. I just suspicion his heart gave out during space travel, or he was exposed to a chemical. It seems governments are so competitive with one another, they would certainly cut the tags from his clothes and remove all telling evidence for their own privacy. Russians are amazing scientist, he looks Russian to me.
The pathologist who performed his autopsy believed he was Slavic.

The only hole in your theory of time travel is that nothing he wore or possessed was from the future. Just other countries.

He was definitely exposed to a chemical, as the pathologist stated he was poisoned with an unknown barbituate.

Old 06-20-2012, 07:52 PM

Interesting. However, I think he was put in appropriate clothing for that time period, in case he was found dead...there would be no evidence. Perhaps he was an unidentified male from the period in which he died, he went forward or backward in time travel, made it back to his appropriate time and meeting place...only for it to be too much on his physical body and died in the spot.

Old 06-21-2012, 11:29 AM

2,744 posts, read 4,208,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
This happened just down the road from me, coincidentally also just down the road from where the Beaumont children disappeared. Both are very mysterious and appear on numerous "worlds greatest mystery" lists.

Maybe there is a black hole along there...an older man disappeared along there too...just vanished into thin air.

The Beaumont Children

Missing Persons : Profile for Nixon, Keith Robert
Thanks for the links!

Old 03-21-2022, 03:34 AM

6,905 posts, read 6,794,183 times
A good summary and investigation of this case in the recent Series 3 Episode 4 of Historys Greatest Mysteries - The Body on Somerton Beach.

It seems that they have exhumed his body in 2021 and are processing the DNA to try to find a match. They have a granddaughter of a local woman who lived about 400 yards away from the beach where he was found. They suspect The Somerton Beach Man was a ballet dancer who they think was the lover of this local woman (who died in 2007).

His physical body was that of a ballet dancer with large thigh muscles and these were noted by police as being higher up the leg which is what identifies that type of profession. The program may be suggesting that he killed himself because she would not resume the affair and possibly was not anything related to spying.

Old 03-25-2022, 11:14 PM

4,365 posts, read 4,782,301 times
I lean towards the espionage theory.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Mincemeat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal