Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2012, 11:27 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,343,435 times

Advertisements

Hello there. This is my first time on this side of the forum.

I used to have what I call "death dreams." I was never very happy with them, as I would dream someone was going to die or died, and the in the next day or two, they did. This happened with both of my parents and my aunt and uncle.

I also dreamed it about my brother and I was horrified and called him as soon as I woke up. This was about ten years ago or so, and he is still living, however, no longer in my life. We used to be the closest of us brothers and sisters and now I never talk to him or see him.

I had not yet met any of my boyfriends family and we had no plans to meet anyone anytime soon in his family. It was up in the air whether I would meet his parents over the holiday and I didn't. The day before Christmas Eve, my boyfriend and I were out to eat at Red Robin just having some burgers and in my mind I thought of a giraffe. Sometimes words pop through my mind, like the actual word spelled out. This is what happened, and then an image of the animal popped up.

I wanted to tell my boyfriend but then I thought, no he will think I am insane, lol. I told him anyway. I was like, "You know I just saw the word giraffe go through my head and then I saw one...I wonder whats up with that?" He said he had no idea.

That night his younger brother called and invited us to his place the next evening, Christmas Eve. I had never been there, nor had I met he or his fiance or baby girl. We got there that evening and I poked my boyfriend and asked if he saw that. What I was looking at was a giraffe standing in their living room which went up to the ceiling....

The night before last I dreamed of my mother, who passed away on Christmas Eve, 2000, driving an old green Buick down the street. It was very vivid. Both she and my father were in the dream and there was so much happening in the dream. I could see it was a Buick Electra but I did not tell him that. I only said it was an old green Buick. He said thats weird, my mom used to drive an old green Buick Electra.

Thats just weird. I pulled a picture up of the type of vehicle and it was the same as my dream and the same as his mothers. I have come out with phrases that I never use and he says, "What did you just say??" Then I tell him what I said, surprised myself that I said it, and he tells me that is what his grandmother and mother used to say to him when he was younger.....

Just weird.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2012, 11:37 AM

6,421 posts, read 7,660,677 times
You have a wonderful gift, enjoy it but try to see how it fits into your waking world.

If you search other dream threads on CD you will find that others have similar experiences.

Old 06-26-2012, 12:43 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,343,435 times
To me, it's a bit strange and scary..... Sometimes very emotional... I don't really want to share my emotions and sometimes fear from some of these dreams or happenings with my boyfriend, or anyone for that matter because they may think I am nuts. =(

Old 06-26-2012, 01:38 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,660,677 times
People have different gifts and experiences. Have you read books on the subject?

I met a Catholic nun once who explained a dream to me. It was about a murder. After talking to her, I understood that in many ways, I was the one being "murdered" by not standing up for myself. She had studied in Sweden and taken other classes about dreams.

When I was in high school I had a dream about talking to a man in a very specific surrounding - years later, it turned out that was a conversation I was having with my husband.

Don't fear your gift but explore it and learn to understand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal