U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 12:55 PM

11,544 posts, read 14,571,198 times

Advertisements

Came across this bizarre story about the "night crawlers" that come out and roam the area. They appear to be weird figures with just 2 long stick legs and a head. Could be hoaxers too but is an interesting and different paranormal subject. There are totems of these supposed beings in the woods as well.

The Nightcrawlers
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2012, 12:58 PM

61,306 posts, read 79,536,424 times
only night crawlers our parks have are pot farmers, well organized well armed mexican gangsters who pay off the rangers to say there are no pot farms in our parks.

Old 06-28-2012, 01:56 PM

3,751 posts, read 6,731,482 times
That's really weird. They totally look and act like a person in a loose lightweight fabric suit on stilts.
I have several friends who a stilt walkers and that's exactly how thier costume pants move.
BUT....
They are short and skinny.
If the footage is real, very strange...
But it could have been doctored. Shrink the walkers and put into another video.
I could see someone wanting to have fun with a local legend.
Fresno is just an hour away from Yosemite. Would not be hard to do one 'sighting' close to home and then wait and see what comes of it and then wait a while and head out further away for a second 'sighting'.
BUT
Most hoaxers are not all that smart or patient....
Very odd.

Old 06-28-2012, 04:05 PM

13,145 posts, read 20,406,781 times
Well I got those familiar spooky-heebie-geebies watching the vids.

You know what they make me think of? A description of supposed indimensional beings Carlos Castaneda encountered while attempting to connect to higher consciousness while dreaming... he told the story in the book The Art of Dreaming. That's exactly how he described "them".

I didn't finish the book as it seemed too "new age hokey" for me. Maybe I should give it another chance... or maybe that's where hoaxers got their idea?

Last edited by Chango; 06-28-2012 at 04:17 PM..

Old 07-01-2012, 05:36 PM

32,837 posts, read 18,619,881 times
Sorry, I call Hoax. Reminds me of Marilyn Manson in Beautiful People video. It is kind of a neat affect though.

Old 07-02-2012, 09:59 AM

11,544 posts, read 14,571,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Sorry, I call Hoax. Reminds me of Marilyn Manson in Beautiful People video. It is kind of a neat affect though.
It seems that way. But at least they came up with something original. Instead of the usual lights attached to balloons released at night.

Old 07-02-2012, 11:38 AM

4,486 posts, read 4,723,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
That's really weird. They totally look and act like a person in a loose lightweight fabric suit on stilts.
I have several friends who a stilt walkers and that's exactly how thier costume pants move.
BUT....
They are short and skinny.
If the footage is real, very strange...
But it could have been doctored. Shrink the walkers and put into another video.
I could see someone wanting to have fun with a local legend.
Fresno is just an hour away from Yosemite. Would not be hard to do one 'sighting' close to home and then wait and see what comes of it and then wait a while and head out further away for a second 'sighting'.
BUT
Most hoaxers are not all that smart or patient....
Very odd.
That's exactly what I thought.

I have a pair of drywall stilts and when I use them, I have the same strange loping gait.

The only thing weird about the videos is that they appear to be walking down an incline. Kinda difficult on stilts.

Old 07-03-2012, 04:03 PM

13,145 posts, read 20,406,781 times
I don't think you could replicate that movement in the real world. Either it's digital, or it's legit. And whoever made it (if it is digital) is a animation genius. That movement is so... alien, yet so natural looking.

Old 08-06-2014, 04:15 PM

1 posts, read 12,878 times
Talking Night "Stalkers"

I think Duran Duran said it best...."Girl's on Stilts"... maybe it was "Girl's on film" I dunno..

Old 08-06-2014, 04:49 PM

5,779 posts, read 4,494,139 times
The show Fact or Faked did an episode on a night crawler video, I think in its first season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal