Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 12:43 PM

8,548 posts, read 10,969,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorasMom View Post
I like to photograph old cemeteries and always hope something will pop up in my pictures. Never really happens, except for at Tolomato Cemetery in St. Augustine. That one just felt different too, like the air was heavier around it. I had no such impressions at another old cemetery down the street.

Here's a link about it being kind of creepy:

My St Augustine Florida Vacation Pictures - A Visit to the Tolomato Cemetery

I didn't find it creepy, just a little otherworldly. It's said to be haunted by the ghost of a young boy, among others. One awful thing that actually did happen is that poor Bishop Verot, buried there, kind of exploded out of his coffin during his own funeral because of the heat at that time.

I'll find my pics, I have some interesting ones - will make a new thread. I love old cemetaries, but do not want a tombstone falling on me (how awful about that boy)
Your mentioning pictures caused me to think of one that was taken at my partner's funeral in 1992.
I am standing at the end of the casket.
You can make out his body lying in the casket in the lower right, behind those two smaller bright lights.
Those bright light were (I was later told by an expert in the field) the spirit of my deceased partner.
The light travels from his face toward me.
Now for a little background concerning this picture.
It was taken in the funeral home, in a private room.
There were no windows in that room, and because it was a private service, the one door was closed.
The only light came from the ceiling light, and there was nothing in the room for the ceiling light to reflect off of.
The picture as you can see, was taken without a flash.
Note how the light fades when it touches me.

Bob.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2012, 12:58 PM

24,099 posts, read 32,448,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorasMom View Post
Whoa, how bizarre!
It is. And both four years old!

I like to visit them too, and sometimes photograph them. It connects my interest in history, genealogy, names ...and well spooky things.

I visited one as a teenager with my friends -once we actually found one in the woods and a baby burred there was named "Freelove." Our imaginations ran wild as you might expect.

But still, even as a teenager, we were reverential. There was a small church yard next to the church I attended as a child and I never played in it. When I was about seven I had an interest in looking at the graves and my dad took me in, instructing me not to step on them.

They are not playgrounds.

I'm not a big coincidence person. More of a synchronicity type.

Zombie apocalypse anyone? Only jesting.

Old 07-09-2012, 01:15 PM

19,697 posts, read 20,229,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Wow that is strange!
It gets stranger!

The boy's name was Carson. The girl's name was Peyton.

That means the two 4yr olds' first names both ended in -ON.

If we take both child's first syllables of their names, we get Car and Pey.

Put them together, we have Car-Pey, when pronouced, we get the word "Carpe"-which is latin for 'seize', and by definition means:

-Take hold of suddenly and forcibly.

Both lives were 'taken' suddenly when something 'forcibly' fell -ON- them.

Carson was born July 31st; Peyton was born October 31st.

31 is their numerical connection, and 3+1= 4

Both were .............4 years old!

Old 07-09-2012, 03:04 PM

24,099 posts, read 32,448,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
It gets stranger!

The boy's name was Carson. The girl's name was Peyton.

That means the two 4yr olds' first names both ended in -ON.

If we take both child's first syllables of their names, we get Car and Pey.

Put them together, we have Car-Pey, when pronouced, we get the word "Carpe"-which is latin for 'seize', and by definition means:

-Take hold of suddenly and forcibly.

Both lives were 'taken' suddenly when something 'forcibly' fell -ON- them.

Carson was born July 31st; Peyton was born October 31st.

31 is their numerical connection, and 3+1= 4

Both were .............4 years old!

That is also odd.

I am not buying that this was a coincidence. Or natural. The number thing is interesting.

Old 07-09-2012, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
That is also odd.

I am not buying that this was a coincidence. Or natural. The number thing is interesting.
I was actually just being weird, lol...

Old 07-09-2012, 03:47 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,881,675 times
Quote:
I was actually just being weird, lol...
HAHA...yeah I got the joke. Someone actually fell for it. It's actually like that Kennedy-Lincoln comparison thing that was making the rounds years ago - "look, there name both have 7 letters". You can make a list of comparisons with any unrelated events, but then you disregard the much more numerious list of things that dont' compare.

Looks, guys, like someone posted, "sometimes a cigar is just a cigar". If you attribute a tragic death in a cemetary to a ghost then you can attribute any accidental death to a ghost...maybe a traffic accident on the roads around the cemetary, maybe someone falling off a roof a mile from the cemetary.
Another thing - if a supernatural evil entity wanted someone dead, why make it look like an accident? Is he afraid of the ghost police coming after him? He could have picking up some tombstone and hurled it on the child with his supernatural powers, or formulated some other method of death, rather than simply manipulating that unstable stone that was already above the child.

There is a lesson here, for parents that have children, and it doesn't involve ghosts: Children, heavy stone held together by 150 year old hardware, and playing and climbing - do not mix.

Last edited by Dd714; 07-09-2012 at 03:56 PM..

Old 07-09-2012, 03:59 PM

219 posts, read 658,018 times
Quote:
Well, what I think is weird, is that the exact same thing happened to a 4yr old girl in NC last month...

4-year-old girl killed by part of headstone | www.wsoctv.com
Fricken Hell, 1,200 pounds?

Crushed by a Cross before a Bible study, damn, seems likes something straight out of The Omen.

All creepy thoughts and eerie similarities between the boy's death aside. DAMN. I mean, as the parents, or family, or friends of the girl...how do you spin that? How do you make it sound better?

A sweet little girl taken before her time. How'd she die? Oh, you know, just flattened by a 1,200 pound cross in a cemetery while waiting for a vacation Bible study class.

Like I said though, eerie.... very eerie.

My thoughts and prayers are certainly with the those affected. Goodness...

Old 07-09-2012, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean-a-thin View Post
Fricken Hell, 1,200 pounds?

Crushed by a Cross before a Bible study, damn, seems likes something straight out of The Omen.

All creepy thoughts and eerie similarities between the boy's death aside. DAMN. I mean, as the parents, or family, or friends of the girl...how do you spin that? How do you make it sound better?

A sweet little girl taken before her time. How'd she die? Oh, you know, just flattened by a 1,200 pound cross in a cemetery while waiting for a vacation Bible study class.

Like I said though, eerie.... very eerie.

My thoughts and prayers are certainly with the those affected. Goodness...
I agree, it's crazy...

All very horrible and tragic as well.

Old 07-09-2012, 06:11 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,598,170 times
Bob I'm so very sorry for your loss. That's an intriguing picture.

Old 07-09-2012, 06:26 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,050,069 times
I certainly don't want to be flippant about the death of a child, but the most rational explanation is that she was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal