Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 03:40 AM

339 posts, read 832,573 times

Advertisements

This kind of stuff makes me believe time trvel is possible.

Flying Vehicles in Ancient Egypt

These images were found on the ceiling beams of a 3000-year old New Kingdom Temple, located several hundred miles south of Cairo and the Giza Plateau, at Abydos.

Lost Civilizations
Attached Thumbnails
Is time travel in our future the explanation for the unexplained in our past?-abylarge.jpg   Is time travel in our future the explanation for the unexplained in our past?-abydos-planes.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2013, 03:10 PM

1,868 posts, read 3,066,643 times
I highly recommend anyone interested in this stuff watch Stephen Hawking's "Into the Universe" series. He goes into great detail how this stuff might or might not be possible.

Forward time travel is most definitely possible due to what's called "time dilation". The closer you get to the speed of light or the closer you are to a large gravitational field, the slower time moves. GPS satallites orbiting earth have to deal with this daily. The internal clocks in them have to be adjusted every day because they move faster than our clocks here on Earth do.

Example:

He also states that his theory is that backwards time travel is not possible due to radiation feedback. The theory being, if we were able to build a gate large enough to pass through in the same point in space (but in two different times), the radiation from the open gate would start to loop destroying the gate itself the same way that sound feedback loops can destroy speakers. It's nature's way of preventing paradoxes. Unfortunately, I cant find an excerpt of this part from the show.

This stuff is highly interesting. I love it.

Old 02-10-2013, 03:55 PM

19,014 posts, read 27,569,699 times
You ever heard of Occham blade? Well, razor?

Occam's razor (also written as Ockham's razor, Latin lex parsimoniae) is a principle of parsimony, economy, or succinctness used in logic and problem-solving. It states that among competing hypotheses, the one that makes the fewest assumptions should be selected.

So do not make assumptions. It is as simple as this: there have been people before us, as smart, if not smarter, than we are. THEY have created all the paleo civilizations, megaliths, vimanas, etc, etc, etc. That official science is telling you something else, is because official science is denying this (for its own personal good and profit), even if it's in your iffing face fact. No one wants to get to a high rank "scientific" position with nice pay check and grants, and then suddenly admit - well, sorry, I was wrong and all my published works should be burnt.

And this is it.

Old 02-10-2013, 05:02 PM

1,868 posts, read 3,066,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
You ever heard of Occham blade? Well, razor?

Occam's razor (also written as Ockham's razor, Latin lex parsimoniae) is a principle of parsimony, economy, or succinctness used in logic and problem-solving. It states that among competing hypotheses, the one that makes the fewest assumptions should be selected.

So do not make assumptions. It is as simple as this: there have been people before us, as smart, if not smarter, than we are. THEY have created all the paleo civilizations, megaliths, vimanas, etc, etc, etc. That official science is telling you something else, is because official science is denying this (for its own personal good and profit), even if it's in your iffing face fact. No one wants to get to a high rank "scientific" position with nice pay check and grants, and then suddenly admit - well, sorry, I was wrong and all my published works should be burnt.

And this is it.
Yes I've heard of it. "All things being equal, the simplest solution is usually correct". I wasn't trying to debunk anything with my post; I was simply contributing to the thread with something I thought was fun and interesting (and relevant). His opinions are just theories. I said so in my post. He says so in the show. Theories aren't facts. Their ideas, just like your's.

Also, I like how you say don't make assumptions and then you proceed to make huge one in your very next sentence (well really, the remainder of your post actually).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal