Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 11:01 AM

8,630 posts, read 9,135,767 times

Advertisements

Sounds like a nocturnal animal in walls somewhere. If you thought it was door knobs you should have applied a small piece of scotch tape to the knob itself, attach the other end to the knobs anchor ring that is screwed to the door. That way one can see if the knob has been turned or fooled with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2012, 02:38 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,772,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
Sounds like a nocturnal animal in walls somewhere. If you thought it was door knobs you should have applied a small piece of scotch tape to the knob itself, attach the other end to the knobs anchor ring that is screwed to the door. That way one can see if the knob has been turned or fooled with.
I wish i had duct taped the door knob now you mention it. It wasnt a mouse, rat, or nocturnal animal...not unless it can pole vault 4 feet up from the hallway floor .

Old 07-25-2012, 01:02 AM

18,527 posts, read 18,748,986 times
had a similar experience once, thank god... but was more a shuddering door.. but I used to work in a school at nights as a domestic, it was an out buildings so myself and my workmate were shut in this two storey building alone...when she was there I was fine and not scared but hated in it on my own.. felt I was being watched.. anyway after a few months working there, we were upstairs having a cup of tea after our work was done. and heard this thud or band on the stairs, we both looked at each other laughed and put the cups away thinking it was our supervisor banging on the door.. and rushed downstairs, no one was there. the next night at the same time 7pm we were still downstairs and again this strange loud banging noise.. we looked at each other and peeked out the classroom door at the stairs.. thankfully it was a summers evening and still light but nothing... after that we made sure we were always together near this time in that place, and I dreaded my friend being off work as I had to try and do all the work on my own... I was terrified.. and wanted to leave the outside door open but was told my the supervisor I couldnt .. the noise continued on and off for months, not every night but almost every night, then I asked our supervisor if she had knows on anything strange happening in the bulding, she smiled and asked like what.. I explained the noise at the same time every night.. she said probably the pipes cooling down.... not so sure though.. never saw anything but it always felt spooky in there... Also when we moved to this house I live in now.. I used to wake up a lot with a strange noise.. but was plumbing. now Im used to it and dont notice it, houses have their own noises..

Old 07-25-2012, 05:03 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,468,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
I concluded that it was evil because :

1. It was a huge disturbance sometimes a few times per week which woke us up then kept us awake for some time to where our sleep was suffering and we were tired and not alert the next day.

2. It was an unwelcomed intrusion in our home when it didnt need to occur. Ergo, it was purposeful.

3. It created deep anxiety in both of us and was unnerving. Not knowing why it was occuring or by whom created displeasure in us living there.

It wasnt anything else BUT a door knob springing back into position and it was coming from the hallway leading to our bedroom . It was extremely distinctive in its sound and was not another type of noise emanating from a different source . WHen i experimented by turning the knob on the hallway closet door with my wife in the bedroom with the bedroom door closed...it was the same sound and loudness as when it occurs early in the morning.
I can agree with this. If you don't want it and it's frightening you and disturbing the peaceful enjoyment of your property it is not a good force.

Put it this way, if a human being came into your home and did the same thing night after night, they would be in violation of the law. If found doing this they'd be arrested.

I am personally not sure why people cut discarnate entities so much slack when they disturb us.

Personally, the door knob thing has happened to me and it's scary. Very scary.

Old 07-26-2012, 06:37 PM

81 posts, read 94,828 times
Default Doorknobs and Broomsticks

Some houses do have their own peculiar noises. But whether we like it not, we are not the only ones on earth. Now around our area (UK), each year at a certain place a group of Roman soldiers drinking and laughing occurs for about an hour. They are not the Hollywood types but fairly scruffy, belt armer and worn leathers. The ambient temperature is very cold. In this case from a scientific perspective, our 'ether' not 'air' has memory similar to photographic plate or similar to an optical DVD. You can gather the rest.

When I was a child, we had what was called a poltergeist that use to open and slam doors, chuck stuff around and generally behave badly in company. It use to pinch things and hide them. Apparently a young child had been murdered in one of the rooms during the 19th century sometime. When my parents sold up and on the day they left, the entity slammed the front door as my parents left towards the car. The house was turned into a hotel but visitors would never stay more than a day. Here we dealing with a malevolent spirit, which operates out of time as we know it, has no age but can mimic human characteristics.

More recently where I live now, on the downs by the sea. A spirit came up from the sea and cliffs passed by leaving a trail of panic and fear. It was felt. The place was renowned for smugglers who deliberately shipwrecked ships to gain booty. Again malevolent.

Again more recently, one of our horses would not go into a stable. It kept striking out at the wall. I said to my wife it can see a spirit on the wall and its moving about. We removed the horse to another stable and it calmed down. A few days later, my wife took one of the other horses out, it spooked and tried to avoid something in its path. My wife was thrown. That too was a malevolent spirit. Later that week I had to go to the farm next door. I realized that I was standing in the centre of a practising coven and the penny dropped. There was no need to explain anything to me or my wife. We moved the horses within the week, why tempt fate and end up in trouble?

It has been mine experience in life to experience both angels and demons at times. Angels appeared when I was nearly killed in a car crash a couple of times. Demons (as I call them), well I just know when they are around or influencing either a person or situation or in your case, possibly your house. But I have an edge on these guys.

No, we are not alone. From an nuclear physics perspective which I use to study, our world or reality of our world has to be supported by the invisible (dimensional if you like), akin to a sea which actually involves space-time theories. Within the invisible dimension, there are creatures and beings both good and vicious, just like the ocean. It's a bit simplistic to say that, but I'm sure you understand what I am saying. It has only been recently within the public domain that experiments into sub-space have occurred with some degree of success, including the division of photon pairs either at Cern or Geneva. Science is fast closing in on the unseen world that exists around us, which for years has been the domain of paranormal scientists and enthusiasts. Literary watch this space!

I could say more, but I believe you were right to move on and sell the house, if the activities in that house were not down to faulty doorknobs or some sort of metal reaction to temperature, or actually someone was trying to get in. Hope your lives are better now. Personally I would of changed the doorknobs. But the interesting point is not about the doorknobs but whether you felt at peace there. That's the simple indicator, you just know whether something or some place is either peaceful or in turbulence.

Old 07-26-2012, 06:47 PM

410 posts, read 342,177 times
We have a ghost in our home; she's the wife of the previous owner. She died in the home of cancer or something. I've never seen her, but our daughter has. She is harmless. She plays tricks on us (daughter grew up and moved out) these days, but I never get the chills. True story.

Old 07-26-2012, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libsk View Post
We have a ghost in our home; she's the wife of the previous owner. She died in the home of cancer or something. I've never seen her, but our daughter has. She is harmless. She plays tricks on us (daughter grew up and moved out) these days, but I never get the chills. True story.
I can well believe it. Also there is some evidence that both young children and animals appear to have an insight that we lose later on in life. Always made sure that my daughters when they were young went to bed calm, happy and at peace. They never had bad dreams or unwanted influences during the night. Susceptibility at a young age can create a problem that carries on through life.

Old 07-26-2012, 10:17 PM

3,721 posts, read 7,825,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
Things like that don't always work. When my grandmother was a kid she lived in a haunted house in St. Joseph, Missouri. One of the things they experienced were footsteps up the stairs every single night. My great grandfather put flour of varying thickness on every step one night, and after hearing the footsteps went to check it out. Not a single footprint was left behind, and the flour was undisturbed in any other way as well.

Even in the house I grew up in we would hear footsteps sometimes. The odd creaking of a floorboard. We would sometimes hear crashes in the basement but on inspection nothing had been moved or disturbed. Unexplained flashes of light (usually blue), the feeling of an unseen presence, and occasionally a light turning off by itself were all occurrences in the house, as well as a few other things that were a bit more rare. My dad still lives in the house and none of us have had any strange experiences there in a few years but it sure was common when I was younger. It is very creepy (to the point I've left and not come back for hours a few times) but once you realize that whatever's there hasn't hurt you and probably won't (or it would have done it by now) it's not quite as nerve racking. (Still creepy though!)

Anyway, sounds like whatever was messing with your doorknob left it at that and never did anything to hurt you. I highly doubt it was an evil entity and that it either: A ) was doing part of some kind of routine, B ) being a prankster (could have asked kindly to stop), C ) trying to get your attention or trying to tell you something, or D ) just had a thing for doorknobs.

Old 07-27-2012, 03:47 AM

Default Routines

I agree. There does seem to be a common denominator in both my experiences and others about routine. It's either an appearance, a single pathway and disappearance or as you say doorknobs, and supernatural routines tend to be neutral. They just happen whether you are around or not. But other entities do have an active influence and agenda from my past experiences.

Many years ago I worked in a hospital on a terminally ill ward for some weeks and many odd things happened and many odd stories were related by professional and indisputable nurses.

Old 07-27-2012, 07:40 AM

Default Invisible Does Not Mean Not There

Not to hijack this forum but it occurred to me to set a few things straight so as not to offend some folk out there or wrongly imply things. I can only provide my perspective of what we tend to classify as supernatural which has intrigued individuals for many millennia.

You have to start from a biological standpoint and what actually makes up a human being. Working in artificial intelligence, it is clear to me that no amount of computer programming is going to provide self-conciousness similar to ours. There will be a simulation of it (and potentially way above ours), but still not the real thing unless invaded by an entity from the supernatural side. I fear when this might happen, that science produces a computer that has such an invasion, while believing it is all their own work. And here we are dealing in the realms of possession (factually documented for centuries around the world).

The point here is that biologically we are both physical and supernatural. Many Doctors and surgeons I have talked too can testify as such, who have no religious persuasion one way or another, have seen/experienced a life-force leave a body during surgery. Likewise many have had an outer-body experience during surgery. Therefore we are linked to an unseen world which we know little about except superstition and myths. Without this supernatural aspect, humans simply become biological machines subject to electro-chemical differentiations. Therefore why worry when someone cries, 20,000 people are murdered or someone is corrupt. If we are only machinery then I am no better than an iron or a washing machine. No so!

We live in finite time according to our reality. The invisible world has no constraints as we understand them. What we think of as time really is not time. Time is a flow of existence, as if I was standing on the centre hub of a rotating bicycle wheel, I could see last January in 1826, I could see what is happening now and I could see events unfolding in 2067. One event potentially follows another. All events connected forming a network of human history and universal outcomes. Whether this is circular, spiral or waveform I'm not certain at the moment.

The invisible world surrounds and supports our physical world. It does so in nuclear physics. The actions are that the invisible world governs the physical world and not the other way round. We see the effects and the symptoms not the initial causes.

And if I were to say that the invisible realm has infrastructure, distance and space, along with habitations and occupiers, then some people would have problems with me, but I believe it to be scientifically and supernaturally so. I am not one that believes that the life-force of people when they die hang around. But I am (through life experiences) aware that supernatural entities mimic a person and their memories, and maintain a façade and presence of that person here on earth. Many will have problems with this and it is not meant to distress anyone.

All around us, supernatural entities float about doing their business. Some for good and others for malevolent practices. That is the nature of the true universe we live in. There are no problems about distance, time or matter as we know it. There is intelligence in the invisible world. Many destructive forces with great power, but also fortunately for us many good ones with even more power to support and protect us. Obviously this raises a lot of questions: philosophical, paranormal, scientific and religious.

Coming back to my original point, humans are bi-beings, both physical and supernatural. That is why many people experience both good and bad forces around them at some time in their lives, either when in need or distress or through circumstances. Albeit others do not.

Warning: if you play with the unseen or experience their presence, then seek some advice from experts. The anecdotal fairground mystic is a long way from the truth of the matter, and the powers in the invisible world which transcends our universe out-rate any nuclear capable nation. We would not stand a chance.

On a more human note, my surrogate Tennessee Mum years back went to Ireland to care for her mother before she died. Her Mother sighed her last breath and before Pat's eyes a glowing spherical shape in gold light came out of her Mum and rose gentle up and through the ceiling. There was no fear just peace. Pat and her husband ran businesses throughout Bermuda and Canada over the years, very rational and very stable. She saw and experienced what she saw. I leave that with you and thanks for you kind comments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal