Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 05:08 AM

13,583 posts, read 15,657,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleister Crowley View Post
They say when Athena was born she burst through the head of Zeus fully armed.
Interesting, but i don't think EHS indicates any of us are attempting to give birth to a deity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2012, 11:02 AM

3,244 posts, read 1,309,387 times
Default Dang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleister Crowley View Post
They say when Athena was born she burst through the head of Zeus fully armed.
That had to hurt like.... well, that just had to hurt!
And yeah, I was awake when I thought the phone was ringing. Weird. Just plain weird.

Old 08-06-2012, 05:34 PM

5 posts, read 5,827 times
Oh yeah, Exploding head syndrome. I read an article about it about a year ago and was glad to find out it was really a "thing". A few times I sat straight up in bed, awakened by a huge, loud, bang that sounded like a transformer blowing in my bedroom. I was panicked, too because I was really in a deep sleep when it happened an it was SO loud. I yelled to the DH, "Did you hear that?" He said, "I didn't hear anything, I'm trying to sleep". Pfft I was so mad. I've only heard it about 3 times, though.

Old 08-09-2012, 02:37 PM

2,811 posts, read 5,625,045 times
How weird to see this post today, because just a few days ago my Mom was telling me that she has this, and I had never heard of it before!

Old 08-12-2012, 05:55 PM

5 posts, read 5,827 times
Last night I woke up and sat straight up in bed and my heart was racing because I was sure the dog was barking as loud as he could. DH said "no, he wasn't barking at all" YIKES!

Old 08-12-2012, 11:22 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,684,768 times
Happens to me all the time, even during the day when napping.

Old 08-13-2012, 04:13 AM

13,583 posts, read 15,657,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disa226 View Post
Last night I woke up and sat straight up in bed and my heart was racing because I was sure the dog was barking as loud as he could. DH said "no, he wasn't barking at all" YIKES!
Who's DH?

Old 08-13-2012, 09:47 AM

855 posts, read 624,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Who's DH?
"DH" is generally an online acronym for "Dear Husband".

-

Old 08-14-2012, 11:52 AM

19,706 posts, read 20,236,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Umm...so you're saying you're wide awake when you imagine the phone rings?

I actually have this recurring phone thing happen to me while I'm awake...

Had the exploding head thing last night. (I've had it before, just not regularly) Tends to happen the moment I'm falling into asleep.

Also had a weird thing, I was laying in bed trying to sleep, I could've sworn I heard and felt my dog pawing at the bed trying to jump up- I look, see nothing, turn on the light and he's across the room asleep in his little dog bed... it was kinda spooky.

Though, perhaps it's just the imaginative mind filling the void somehow...

Old 08-16-2012, 12:37 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
This EHS is at night only (or maybe not from what you just described). I get those other paranormal things at other times, but this is specifically a night thing. I get clusters of it. And it's also different than night visitations or things like that, too -- it's specifically a sound thing. And it does seem to come in clusters, and the sounds do change. I'm not sure what to make of it. And there is no medication for it, either. You just learn that you survive it and although it's sometimes shockingly frightening because of the intensity of sound and it seemingly comes out of no where, it doesn't seem to do anything harmful. Very strange stuff.

I can't attribute everything to haunted houses or the paranormal, but was just curious if anyone else shared this syndrome?

Thanks!
Let me ask you: are the sounds in stereo? That is, can you pinpoint a particular direction and/or distance? I ask because that is the only way to differentiate an auditory hallucination from a real sound. An auditory hallucination may sound real, but if you pay attention, it appears to be emanating from nowhere in particular and is quite literally coming from inside your head. Auditory and visual hallucinations can, and do, happen in sane people. Sometimes they are triggered by fatigue, stress, alcohol/drugs, or from nothing in particular.

But yes, I have "heard" things on occasion. I have heard someone call my name a few times, yet incidentally, never when I was alone. I have also been awoken to very distinct loud noises such as a slamming door or a very heavy object being dropped. I just go back to sleep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal