Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2012, 10:07 AM

2,873 posts, read 5,851,886 times

Advertisements

When I was young we lived in a house with a large attic. Every time I went up there, I would feel like I was being watched and have strange sensations in my legs, like a restless kind of tingling.

I thought the attic was haunted, but I now I know it was almost certainly something giving off EMFs. I've felt the same feeling many times, especially in older buildings were the wiring probably isn't shielded or installed correctly.

So anyone else sensitive to this? It can cause nausea, paranoia or a sense of being watched, and other strange sensations
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2012, 10:18 AM

430 posts, read 1,192,577 times
When there is enough it everyone will be affected by it, some are more sensitive than other by EMF wave without a doubt. If EMF waves get to a high enough intensity hallucinations will almost certainly occur.

Old 07-22-2012, 10:28 AM

2,873 posts, read 5,851,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Miaugie View Post
When there is enough it everyone will be affected by it, some are more sensitive than other by EMF wave without a doubt. If EMF waves get to a high enough intensity hallucinations will almost certainly occur.
I guess I must be more sensitive, because no one else in my family ever had the same feelings. Now that I know what it is, it actually feels kind of interesting...it's easy to see why people would mistake it for something paranormal.

Old 07-22-2012, 10:41 AM

430 posts, read 1,192,577 times
I watched this ghost investigations TV show where a mother would almost never have the symptoms of high EMF. Although her son suffered from it chronically until they fixed they fixed the circuit box. What happened to the child sounds similar to your circumstances.

Old 07-22-2012, 10:55 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,134,528 times
Default Good thread....

In Brooklyn, there is a house by my friend's that every time we BOTH walk past we get a high pitched whining in our ears at the same time! Only that house over the years. As he is in contracting he thinks they have an anti-vermin device cranked up that causes this.

Other then that, No other problems personally.

Old 07-23-2012, 09:44 AM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
Besides anything supernatural or paranormal, I would never live near a place with high EMF waves. There are health concerns, including and increased risk of child hood cancers.

There was a house where we once lived where two children from separate families came down with rare childhood brain cancers. My husband has an EMF reader and out of curiosity, passed the house and as compared to the others on the same block, the readings were "off the charts".
p
I don't know if the cause of high EMF reading in natural, supernatural or a combination of the two. Some say spirits are attracted to areas with high EMF readings.
I don't know if that is true and I'd enjoy hearing from anyone who has more knowledge than I do abput the subject.

All I know is that asside from being visually disturbing, which they are; I would never live under or near a place that has those high tension wires. I have heard of too many cases of cancer linked to them.

Old 07-23-2012, 09:48 AM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
As an aside, and perhaps a tad off topic, I do not think that if I were the mother of a pre-school child I would be especially attracted to a home where a child, around the same age as mine, died of a mysterious form of cancer.

Perhaps thats just me, but I'm not attracted to places where tragic events have taken place.

Old 07-27-2012, 05:42 AM

81 posts, read 94,854 times
Default Don't Touch the Iron!

Had a friend whose Mom always freaked the television out or any electrical equipment in the house. The equipment just stopped working when she came close to it. He spent most of his time getting things to work again.

Presumably her bodily aurora had some sort of EMF effect. Interesting though.

Old 08-01-2012, 06:43 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,258,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyQuen View Post
Had a friend whose Mom always freaked the television out or any electrical equipment in the house. The equipment just stopped working when she came close to it. He spent most of his time getting things to work again.

Presumably her bodily aurora had some sort of EMF effect. Interesting though.
My dad could never wear a watch because they would always stop running.

My great uncle, who raised my dad, was a "water witch" and was the person everyone called when they needed to know where to dig a well. My dad tried his hand at it too and I think was fairly successful. I remember as a kid following him around with a stick with a Y in it in my hands, trying to imitate what he was doing. My stick would point down, but I helped it.

Old 08-05-2012, 12:54 AM

3,966 posts, read 10,699,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParallelJJCat View Post
When I was young we lived in a house with a large attic. Every time I went up there, I would feel like I was being watched and have strange sensations in my legs, like a restless kind of tingling.

I thought the attic was haunted, but I now I know it was almost certainly something giving off EMFs. I've felt the same feeling many times, especially in older buildings were the wiring probably isn't shielded or installed correctly.

So anyone else sensitive to this? It can cause nausea, paranoia or a sense of being watched, and other strange sensations
That would be me. of course.

I get nausea, not paranoia or anything weird like that. Funny enough, I love to vaccuum because it seems to distort a lot of signal, I love it. When you have TV, sound, computer, wireless networking, lighting, its a bit overwhelming and I feel nauseated. This is exactly why i can't stand still at work and get up frequently. I can only stand it for so long.. The biggest offenders of EMF are those overhead florecient lighting you see in 100% of places in the United States. Walmart and places of work, when those places are on I feel like im on the sun

Now everyone knows my secret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
In Brooklyn, there is a house by my friend's that every time we BOTH walk past we get a high pitched whining in our ears at the same time! Only that house over the years. As he is in contracting he thinks they have an anti-vermin device cranked up that causes this.

Other then that, No other problems personally.
That is kind of creepy both of you have that high pitch noise in your ear, at the same time!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal