U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 09:39 AM

1,723 posts, read 3,690,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Oooh the light bulb thing. One old apartment complex (built in the late 1980's) I lived in from Feb.2000 to Jan.2004 had issues like that. Had constant lightbulb blow out issues. And most of the time it was when I just put a new one in. It would blow out right when turning the light on. Not the same as you walking by and them going out. Always in the second bedroom where other weird things would happen.
But...
When I go walking in the evenings around my neighborhood, the streetlights that are way up high...they go out as I walk by them. Now that creeps me out. Because then I am walking in the dark. I can walk by several, they all go out one by one. Explain that naysayers.

The same thing happens to me! It's so weird, isn't it?

It happens when I'm in the car too. The other night my husband and I stopped at a red light right under a street lamp. I was just about to say I was surprised that the street light was still on since I was underneath it, when it suddenly it went out. Is it us or just crappy lights?

I have a problem with watches too. I don't bother wearing one because they just stop working on me.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2012, 06:31 PM

3,733 posts, read 6,952,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauriedeee View Post
[/b]

It happens when I'm in the car too. The other night my husband and I stopped at a red light right under a street lamp. I was just about to say I was surprised that the street light was still on since I was underneath it, when it suddenly it went out. Is it us or just crappy lights?

I have a problem with watches too. I don't bother wearing one because they just stop working on me.
I remember a caller into Art Bell once describing the streetlight thing. I believe they came to some kind of personal energy conclusion. In other words, your own personal energy is high enough to cause nearby streetlights to go out, or something like that.

Old 07-29-2012, 07:30 PM

533 posts, read 1,083,246 times
I've personally never had something like that happen but my daughter (at the time she was 7yo) was sitting on the floor watching cartoons and I was sitting on the sofa. She was intrigued with the cartoon but all of a sudden freaked out and jumped up and ran over to me clinging. I asked her what was wrong and she told me it felt like someone "ran through her body".

I questioned her a little more about it but she couldn't really give me any more information other than it felt like someone passed through her body.

I never researched the phenomena, maybe someone here may have had the same experience.

Old 07-29-2012, 07:35 PM

16,482 posts, read 22,364,371 times
I have heard people describe the feeling of someone passing through there body when someone close to them died. Did anyone pass away that day that you knew that you remember?

Old 07-29-2012, 07:48 PM

533 posts, read 1,083,246 times
not that I recall....we only have very few extended family members and a very small circle of friends but the only people that have died in her lifetime is my mother who died when she was less than a year old.

Old 07-29-2012, 11:14 PM

6,922 posts, read 8,624,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I will be sitting at my desk doing the usual, posting in here. Or downstairs watching TV. Or just sitting reading. Doing my usual things and then I feel a big breeze like someone runs past me really fast. It's the same feeling as a person running past close to you, your hair moves, you feel the breeze. No fans on, no a/c. I get this a LOT. Upstairs, downstairs. Like someone is in a big hurry and they run by on their way to somewhere.
I had an experience shortly after my partner passed.
This happened at the cemetery.
One warm sunny afternoon, while at the cemetery, I was "talking" with him as was usual for me whenever I went to his grave.
I would sit on the ground, next to his grave marker I had purchased soon after the funeral.
This particular day as we talked, I asked for him to give me some sort of sign that he was fully aware of my presence.
In my ear, I heard him say, "the wind", "the wind Bobby".
Up to this point there had been no wind, in fact I remarked to myself earlier, how calm and peaceful it was there at the cemetery.
Beside me lay an empty can of soda I had finished off, and no sooner had I heard those words, the wind blew.
Not terribly strong, but enough to knock over the empty can beside me.
I felt the cool breeze of this wind in my face, and as quickly as it happened, it subsided.
I would say it lasted perhaps fifteen seconds.
I have come to know that this behavior was not limited to me.
Research has shown that others have experienced similar happenings.
The wind in essence was his spirit moving about me.
I have had a number of visits from my deceased partner in the twenty years since he passed.
I stated in another thread that spirits are capable of moving objects, and that is done by thought process.
Everything they do as spirits is as a result of thought.
Over the years, I have seen lamps in my house move six or so inches in either direction, with no source in the house to create wind.
I have seen my car door being unlocked, and the door partially opened while driving.
In all of these instances my deceased partner stated he has been responsible.
So yes, you feel wind, and a sudden presence.
Someone who has passed on obviously has gained your attention.
Bob.

Old 07-30-2012, 02:43 AM

10,353 posts, read 23,215,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I had an experience shortly after my partner passed.
This happened at the cemetery.
One warm sunny afternoon, while at the cemetery, I was "talking" with him as was usual for me whenever I went to his grave.
I would sit on the ground, next to his grave marker I had purchased soon after the funeral.
This particular day as we talked, I asked for him to give me some sort of sign that he was fully aware of my presence.
In my ear, I heard him say, "the wind", "the wind Bobby".
Up to this point there had been no wind, in fact I remarked to myself earlier, how calm and peaceful it was there at the cemetery.
Beside me lay an empty can of soda I had finished off, and no sooner had I heard those words, the wind blew.
Not terribly strong, but enough to knock over the empty can beside me.
I felt the cool breeze of this wind in my face, and as quickly as it happened, it subsided.
I would say it lasted perhaps fifteen seconds.
I have come to know that this behavior was not limited to me.
Research has shown that others have experienced similar happenings.
The wind in essence was his spirit moving about me.
I have had a number of visits from my deceased partner in the twenty years since he passed.
I stated in another thread that spirits are capable of moving objects, and that is done by thought process.
Everything they do as spirits is as a result of thought.
Over the years, I have seen lamps in my house move six or so inches in either direction, with no source in the house to create wind.
I have seen my car door being unlocked, and the door partially opened while driving.
In all of these instances my deceased partner stated he has been responsible.
So yes, you feel wind, and a sudden presence.
Someone who has passed on obviously has gained your attention.
Bob.
That is really interesting. But please tell your partner not to open your car door while you are driving!

I have been thinking a lot lately, in fact the past few years about a dear friend who passed away a few years ago. I talk to him at times, although I cannot see him. I have no idea if he is around me when I do this. Because I can't see him.
But the breezes happen when I am not talking or thinking about him or anyone else that has crossed over.
Another time the breezes happen, and it's freaky as heck, when I am in the shower. I'll be basking in the warmth of the shower, washing my hair, and an ice cold breeze comes wandering in. And settles over me. Which is really irritating too. I am alone when this happens, no one opens a door and comes in the bathroom, no drafts.
I thought ghosts were not allowed to bug us when we are showering or going to the bathroom. Don't they have to follow some protocol? You would think, huh? I always tell them to get lost, while I am covering myself. lol It's funny but kind of creepy at the same time.

Old 07-30-2012, 02:46 AM

10,353 posts, read 23,215,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauriedeee View Post
[/b]

Yes, it's happened just driving by them too. I guess some of us are more highly charged than others, extremely charged. I never thought I could actually make something like that happen. The first time it ever did it, I was out walking alone, heading home and it scared the heck out of me. I didn't know what to think. Went home and told my husband. And I was afraid to go walking again for a few evenings after that. I then got used to it after awhile, but it's still really weird. I now carry a portable flashlight just in case.

Old 08-06-2012, 12:19 PM

3,244 posts, read 1,145,751 times
I was talking to a friend of mine about this, and she said that she believes that some of these instances could be caused by someone doing Astral Projection, and they get a little too close. She says that it's hard to stay away from those with strong energy, because those who AP are drawn to it.
I'm not sure if she is right or not, but just thought I'd tell y'all about it to see what you think.

Old 08-07-2012, 08:01 PM

81 posts, read 76,132 times
Default Smugglers Like Spirits

A close young relative of mine, who has just returned from two weeks in the Canadian outback, bears and all, camping with his half-brother - and I mention this to show his character and stability and not a lot phases him, came over the house for a chat several weeks ago. Now we live on rugged, cliff-torn coastline, former haunt of smugglers and pirates.

Well he comes in all of a fluster and unnerved. He was walking along the cliff top that night and it was fairly dark, when he heard this rushing up the cliff path. He stopped to see who it was and as he did so, he felt this sudden darkness and evil come towards him, brush straight past him and on up the cliff downs. He said he could feel terror and panic as this thing went past him, and reckoned he had experienced a smuggler spirit coming up from the seashore. He said it seemed to be on a path going somewhere and seemed unaware of his presence.

Frightened the life out of him that night. Just one of those strange mysteries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal