U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 12:02 PM

12,201 posts, read 11,512,342 times

Advertisements

Scroll down to post #20 by Timberghost.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/23217/viewall-page-1
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2012, 11:41 AM

13,145 posts, read 20,412,505 times
It's just an old dog or possibly coyote print.

Old 08-03-2012, 04:58 PM

Location: PNW native currently residing in the SoCal high desert
259 posts, read 593,703 times
I would say a deer with a deformed foot and overstepping his front tracks giving the impression of three toes.
If you look at it without the middle toe, it looks like a wide deer track. Something that could be a birth defect or an injury.

Old 08-04-2012, 02:00 PM

11,547 posts, read 14,577,283 times
Default Animal...

Of some kind. Not a crypto creature.

Old 08-04-2012, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
It's just an old dog or possibly coyote print.
Do you know how many toes a coyote has?

Old 08-04-2012, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowHorse View Post
I would say a deer with a deformed foot and overstepping his front tracks giving the impression of three toes.
If you look at it without the middle toe, it looks like a wide deer track. Something that could be a birth defect or an injury.

I wasn't very clear. All four feet have this type track.

Old 08-05-2012, 06:38 PM

501 posts, read 910,040 times
Well, if the second pic is of this strange footprint, it's a dog or coyote. You see four toe nails, hence 4 toes The reason it looks like three is because what ever it stepped in was fairly solid so his pads didn't sink all the way in making the two center pads look like one.

Old 08-06-2012, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNolan View Post
Well, if the second pic is of this strange footprint, it's a dog or coyote. You see four toe nails, hence 4 toes The reason it looks like three is because what ever it stepped in was fairly solid so his pads didn't sink all the way in making the two center pads look like one.
You are commenting on coyote track i posted to clarify to Chango when he said "that is just a coyote track". I copied the image of the three toed track. It is below.

Old 08-06-2012, 04:01 PM

501 posts, read 910,040 times
Not being able to see the print in person I can just make observations on the image. Since the track is filled with debris it would indicate it had been there for awhile before you discovered it. That said it's possible that natural forces such as rain and heat could deform the print(s) so they look differently than when they were originally placed there. Based on that I honest can't say if there are only three toes because the track is so deteriorated I can't tell where the toe pads are and the other pad (not sure what it's called, heel pad ?) is. I can see 4 distinct pads which might be the toes and a 5th pad but can't tell it's shape. If you can find some fresher tracks that are less affected by the weather it'd be easier to come to a better conclusion.

Old 08-06-2012, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNolan View Post
Not being able to see the print in person I can just make observations on the image. Since the track is filled with debris it would indicate it had been there for awhile before you discovered it. That said it's possible that natural forces such as rain and heat could deform the print(s) so they look differently than when they were originally placed there. Based on that I honest can't say if there are only three toes because the track is so deteriorated I can't tell where the toe pads are and the other pad (not sure what it's called, heel pad ?) is. I can see 4 distinct pads which might be the toes and a 5th pad but can't tell it's shape. If you can find some fresher tracks that are less affected by the weather it'd be easier to come to a better conclusion.
Nothing like an expert that couldn't read the thread properly from the beginning.Plenty of definition even with the debris. The track doesn't have to be fresh to get a good take on it. You are just trying to cover your tracks! No time to waste on you Sir!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal