U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 12:08 AM

18,847 posts, read 33,844,028 times

Advertisements

Yes. When I first met my husband, we did not exactly hit it off. We went out a few times, and sort of tapered off. Completely random, I am in a different town, travelling for work. I go into a restaurant, and he is sitting at the counter. He had also been sent to this obscure town, for work. And we both go to the same Thai restaurant, at the same time? Coincidence? The rest, is history...

Years ago, I met a blind woman on a college campus, we started speaking, and she impacted my entire life. Because of meeting her, I ended up getting a Masters in Education for Visually Impaired. Random?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2012, 09:19 AM

4,527 posts, read 5,445,585 times
10 am just now am sitting on computer writing comment about negative energies when all my timers(kitchen),clocks,go off at the same time(all battery or wind-ups)---at same time furnace that was running full force stops suddenly----am in the room where i sometimes hear bumps and thumps without apparent cause--and yes,this house has a basement source of very negative energy and everytime we have found another place to possibly rent,something prevents the final transaction---am so tired of all this----as last year,this negativity will escalate right up to christmas--on the positive side--this keeps me very involved in my christian faith

Old 12-12-2012, 03:43 PM

569 posts, read 597,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I have a fascinating thing that happened a few hours ago.
I have this black cabinet with a smoked glass door on it.
It was taking up space on my deck, so about two months ago, I took the glass door off (held on by two hinges and two screws for each hinge), and without the door, I could use the cabinet to house my safe which I always kept in the bedroom closet.
I removed the door, and rather than unbolt the safe from the floor in the closet, I let the project set for near two months.
I put the hinges and screws in an empty vase that sits on the shelf on a small bookcase.
There they stayed until last week.
I decided I would use the cabinet for something other than to house the safe, so I would re-attach the glass door.
I was getting ready to assemble the door to that cabinet, and when I tipped the vase upside down to get the screws and hinges, there was only one hinge, and two screws.
I know I had put both hinges, and four screws in that vase.
There would be no reason to separate them.
I live alone, so no one has access to that vase but me, but somehow two screws and on hinge were gone.
There was nothing else in the vase except the two hinges and four screws when I originally put them in there.
I searched all over the house for this hinge and screws.
They are special to the cabinet, because they mount onto the glass.
Any way, unable to find them, once again I put the project on hold until earlier this evening.
I figured I could probably come up with some way to alter it so it would open and close.
I once again emptied the vase of it's one hinge,and two screws.
While attaching them to the glass door, I heard a voice saying, "over here Bobby".
The voice was that of my deceased partner (I have heard it many times since he passed, so I am use to it.)
It was from the direction of my bed.
I turned to face the bed, my vision even with the mattress, and there they were, the missing hinge, and two screws, lying on the comforter on the bed.
I sleep in that bed every night, and in fact I replaced the sheets this morning.
Those two screws and one hinge were most definitely not anywhere to be found.
Excited about my find, and the fact I heard his voice plainly as I have at other times since he passed,
I repaired the cabinet , door and all, and when finished, I placed his picture on it.
It was strange, and somehow he had found them.
I don't think he were responsible for their disappearance, but for sure had something to do with their recovery.
Bob.
CRAZY! Super cool.

When I was 17 and had just moved into a house with roommates we had a party and we were sleeping it off the next day. I actually fell asleep in a room that was upstairs from my bedroom. My friend needed to be taken to the bus station to go home but being 17 and stupid no one set an alarm clock. I heard a mans voice say my name really loudly. I got up and realized that the only people who were home were me, my friend, and my female roommates. Glad to be woken up but the mans voice was a little unsettling.

Old 12-15-2012, 10:36 PM

1,230 posts, read 2,955,040 times
I had a strange occurrence a few months ago that I still can not explain and often wonder if it really happened. I don't know if this is exactly paranormal but it is very odd.

I was sleeping one night and dreamed that someone was peeking in my window (my husband travels a lot so just the mere thought of this freaks me out). It was so real I could describe the clothing the man was wearing but I could not see his face (We have a window unit in our bedroom and have our blinds pulled up just above the window unit but rig our curtains so that you can not see in our bedroom, so this would explain why I could see the clothing but no face). Anyway immediately after having this dream I opened my eyes to see my dog (a large boxer) looking out the window, but I did not see a person outside (thank God).

Old 12-21-2012, 03:35 PM

112 posts, read 160,846 times
Gues it depends on what one means by "unexplained", maybe to you, some of the weird dttuff going on here, might qualify but having grown-up around it, odd things are just a way of life in all 3 homes. I guess today, well, to be delicate, something here, deccided to rearraange all the clothing in the chest-of-drawers that wifey has. She was not amused.As this is being typed, she still is not happy.

Old 12-27-2012, 01:45 AM

1,627 posts, read 2,890,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldPlay View Post
talked with a classmate after class one night whom I don't know but seemed like a normal guy about my age. I got the worst feeling when I looked at him directly in the eyes. It was literally eerie. I didn't feel threatened even though it was at night in a parking lot alone, but it was something very strong that said there was something very odd about this guy. Has anyone felt like this about someone they just met? It's a first for me I think.
That must have been my brother you met

Old 01-09-2013, 01:17 PM

Had an experience 2 nights ago. I had just gone to bed and was still awake. I heard the door knob shake/rattle and then nothing. My husband and all our cats were in the living room. Kept waiting to see who wanted my attention but nada. I have had a lot of family stuff going on lately and thought maybe my mom or grandmother wanted to pop in and say hello. Not scary or anything.

Old 01-09-2013, 02:12 PM

6,925 posts, read 8,629,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gidgetsmidget View Post
Had an experience 2 nights ago. I had just gone to bed and was still awake. I heard the door knob shake/rattle and then nothing. My husband and all our cats were in the living room. Kept waiting to see who wanted my attention but nada. I have had a lot of family stuff going on lately and thought maybe my mom or grandmother wanted to pop in and say hello. Not scary or anything.

I doubt it was anything paranormal.
Spirits would not need to turn a door knob and open a door to gain access.
They are capable of moving through walls, and closed doors.
Bob.

Old 01-09-2013, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I doubt it was anything paranormal.
Spirits would not need to turn a door knob and open a door to gain access.
They are capable of moving through walls, and closed doors.
Bob.
I didn't think they would NEED to open a door! I don't know if it was paranormal but it was UNEXPLAINED. No one was there. An interior door knob, in a short hall off another hall, that has never shaken on its own, shakes like a hand is shaking it. I know it wasn't anyone at my house because it was only me and my husband (no one else lives there) who was over 40 feet away with our cats. No windows were open, heat wasn't on. Not sure how to explain it. This is the same house where we have seen and heard things over the 4 years we have been there. Nothing constant but we have heard voices and seen shapes as well as other unexplained noises. I will certainly except a non-paranormal explanation but neither my husband and I can think of one. What do you think could explain it?

My sister used to have a dog that would shake her door knob when he wanted a snack and was outside. He got very old and had to be put down. After he was put down, they heard their door knob shake like he used to. It only happened a couple of times. They are still in the same house 20 years later and it hasn't happened again.

Old 01-09-2013, 06:12 PM

6,925 posts, read 8,629,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gidgetsmidget View Post
I didn't think they would NEED to open a door! I don't know if it was paranormal but it was UNEXPLAINED. No one was there. An interior door knob, in a short hall off another hall, that has never shaken on its own, shakes like a hand is shaking it. I know it wasn't anyone at my house because it was only me and my husband (no one else lives there) who was over 40 feet away with our cats. No windows were open, heat wasn't on. Not sure how to explain it. This is the same house where we have seen and heard things over the 4 years we have been there. Nothing constant but we have heard voices and seen shapes as well as other unexplained noises. I will certainly except a non-paranormal explanation but neither my husband and I can think of one. What do you think could explain it?

My sister used to have a dog that would shake her door knob when he wanted a snack and was outside. He got very old and had to be put down. After he was put down, they heard their door knob shake like he used to. It only happened a couple of times. They are still in the same house 20 years later and it hasn't happened again.

My first thought was that perhaps your husband had returnedfrom the room he was in,but you stated he had not left that room.
Your observation of the last four years while living there suggest the house does indeed have some spirit activity.
My impression would be, the spirit of someone who lived in that house at one time, feels a need to be there.
There could be any number of reasons for that.
Now as to why these events are happening, it could be to let you know this house is not totally yours.
You are sharing it with perhaps a previous owner, and that owner is letting you know of it's presence.
Perhaps the spirit is what is referred to as being in limbo,meaning for some reason it is unable to return to the spirit world,and can't be the human existence it once was in this coporeal existence.
I have a suggestion you might want to try.
When you have some time, and it is relatively quiet in the house (doesn't have to be any specific time of day) Summon this spirit in friendship, not hostility, and explain that it would be better for it to move on, that you are uncomfortable with it presence.
Explain that you will try to help in it's journey into the world in which it belongs.
How you can help, is to summon other spirits into your house to guide this somewhat wayward spirit back into the spirit world.
The one thing you need to do, when summoning additional spirits in your quest to help, is ask that only good, and fair minded spirits respond.
The one thing you don't want is evil to abound within the house.
This practice is done often, and with positive results.
Spirits are for the most part, friendly, and help and guidence are part of their being.
This is what they do best.
On the other hand, if these intrusions are such that they are not bothersome to you, then do nothing.
That of cource is up to you.
Bob.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal