U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 04:20 PM

20,789 posts, read 26,082,997 times

Advertisements

Weird but true. NEVER saw anything like this!

Sitting in the family room watching the news. Talking about a haunted house nearby to one of my kids.

Dog in front of the fireplace in her bed. Suddenly something made me look up and the dog look up.

An object flew out of behind my husband my husband's head. It was shiny and it caught my eye and the dogs.

My son did not notice until it hit the ground.

It was a foreign object - that is to say, something not from our home. We never saw it before. It was a shiny piece of glass - not crystal - but the type of glass one could buy at a craft store. We don't have any of that biut even if we did, why would it fly out from behind my husband's neck, over his head and on to the floor?

Any thoughts?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2012, 06:51 PM

311 posts, read 406,227 times
Sheena12...wow..no thoughts on that one. That is strange!!

Old 08-15-2012, 11:19 AM

13,145 posts, read 20,412,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger1 View Post
On 7/19/12 took a picture of this. Picture is unaltered. It was enlarged so you could see details a little more clearly.

I asked, "God are you there?" - YouTube

Attachment 99608
It looks a lot like Guan Yu from Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

Guan Yu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 08-15-2012, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Weird but true. NEVER saw anything like this!

Sitting in the family room watching the news. Talking about a haunted house nearby to one of my kids.

Dog in front of the fireplace in her bed. Suddenly something made me look up and the dog look up.

An object flew out of behind my husband my husband's head. It was shiny and it caught my eye and the dogs.

My son did not notice until it hit the ground.

It was a foreign object - that is to say, something not from our home. We never saw it before. It was a shiny piece of glass - not crystal - but the type of glass one could buy at a craft store. We don't have any of that biut even if we did, why would it fly out from behind my husband's neck, over his head and on to the floor?

Any thoughts?
That's a relatively common poltergeist phenomenon, actually. There are several cases involving objects (especially stones) being lauched out of nowhere. weird stuff.

Old 08-15-2012, 03:41 PM

2,747 posts, read 3,640,489 times
Chango, why stones? This is common? Is this an apport by any chance?

Old 08-15-2012, 03:54 PM

16,081 posts, read 25,578,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
That's a relatively common poltergeist phenomenon, actually. There are several cases involving objects (especially stones) being lauched out of nowhere. weird stuff.
Poltergeist activity is also associated with hormonal teens and menopausal women.

Old 08-15-2012, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post
Chango, why stones? This is common? Is this an apport by any chance?
Not sure what you mean by "apport"... but who knows why?! It's just one of those things that commonly pops up in poltergeist reports (though it's clearly an uncommon experience for people in general).

Hail of Stones from Nowhere

Old 08-15-2012, 05:20 PM

Hail of Stones from Nowhere

just a small sampling of the hundreds of such cases that have taken place over the last century. There is no easy explanation for these rains of rocks and stones. Something supernatural is most definitely taking place, and most researchers theorize that it is a form of poltergeist phenomena - a physical manifestation caused most likely by the minds (or powerful electromagnetic brain activity) of the victims themselves. But this meager explanation poses more questions than it answers, especially in the cases in which the very physical stones seem to materialize out of thin air.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:35 PM

20,789 posts, read 26,082,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Poltergeist activity is also associated with hormonal teens and menopausal women.
Virgode - you know way to much about me. You must be psychic!

Old 08-16-2012, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Virgode - you know way to much about me. You must be psychic!
lols..that one was a head scratcher, needed my turbon and crystal ball.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal