U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 01:54 PM

16,081 posts, read 25,740,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post
Chango, why stones? This is common? Is this an apport by any chance?
There's an asport and apport.
Apport – A physical object that can materialize and appear at will in the presence of a medium.
Asport – A physical object that a spirit teleports to another location or makes disappear.

Interesting topic. Had to research 'apport', never heard the term used for paranormal activity. I leave the spirit world alone, you never know what you'll invite.

http://suite101.com/article/apports-...geists-a113119

Last edited by virgode; 08-16-2012 at 02:10 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2012, 09:24 AM

112 posts, read 161,624 times
Well, try being pushed through a door while investigating aa house or rather the remains of one, that had a long history of "odd things" having gone on in and outside of it. I ended up with a "burned hand print" on my chest but not a burn, left the docs shaken their heads as to what it was and a broken ankel. Not too bad for a 65 yo male to suffer so little considering what was supposedly in the house. It could have ben much worse.

Old 08-17-2012, 03:27 PM

4,486 posts, read 4,749,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Chaser View Post
Well, try being pushed through a door while investigating aa house or rather the remains of one, that had a long history of "odd things" having gone on in and outside of it. I ended up with a "burned hand print" on my chest but not a burn, left the docs shaken their heads as to what it was and a broken ankel. Not too bad for a 65 yo male to suffer so little considering what was supposedly in the house. It could have ben much worse.
Don't poke at dead things, they might return the favor when you least expect it.

Old 08-17-2012, 03:59 PM

15,921 posts, read 18,422,593 times
I woke up this morning and a book that had been on the other side of the room was on the night table next to me. This is the same apt where I'll see black whispy shapes in the hallway every now and then.

Old 08-17-2012, 08:56 PM

18,847 posts, read 34,038,279 times
I have only been to psychics twice in my life. Both times, they were dead on making future predictions about my life. I am a major skeptic, but the last one, was nothing short of amazing. So much so, it makes me wary of ever going to one again.

Old 08-18-2012, 05:26 AM

259 posts, read 459,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
I woke up this morning and a book that had been on the other side of the room was on the night table next to me. This is the same apt where I'll see black whispy shapes in the hallway every now and then.
about this book, is the title significant in any way?

Old 08-18-2012, 10:49 AM

15,921 posts, read 18,422,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldPlay View Post
about this book, is the title significant in any way?
Not to my knowledge, it's my son-in-laws history book Constructing the American Past and it was opened to The Diaries of William Byrd.

I know my families history going back to the early 1700's and he is not part of my tree. I do intend to read it though to see what if anything stands out or if I get a revelation...

Old 08-18-2012, 10:37 PM

7,288 posts, read 11,718,930 times
I have had a bunch of things happen recently - too private and too detailed but I wanted to share something my spiritual counselor told me in attempting to decipher what some of the events mean . . . write out what happened and put it on your altar with the question "what does it mean?" if it's not obvious . . .then wait for the next metaphorical thing to happen and see if you can make sense of it.

Old 08-21-2012, 02:00 AM

7,067 posts, read 8,745,722 times
I have a fascinating thing that happened a few hours ago.
I have this black cabinet with a smoked glass door on it.
It was taking up space on my deck, so about two months ago, I took the glass door off (held on by two hinges and two screws for each hinge), and without the door, I could use the cabinet to house my safe which I always kept in the bedroom closet.
I removed the door, and rather than unbolt the safe from the floor in the closet, I let the project set for near two months.
I put the hinges and screws in an empty vase that sits on the shelf on a small bookcase.
There they stayed until last week.
I decided I would use the cabinet for something other than to house the safe, so I would re-attach the glass door.
I was getting ready to assemble the door to that cabinet, and when I tipped the vase upside down to get the screws and hinges, there was only one hinge, and two screws.
I know I had put both hinges, and four screws in that vase.
There would be no reason to separate them.
I live alone, so no one has access to that vase but me, but somehow two screws and on hinge were gone.
There was nothing else in the vase except the two hinges and four screws when I originally put them in there.
I searched all over the house for this hinge and screws.
They are special to the cabinet, because they mount onto the glass.
Any way, unable to find them, once again I put the project on hold until earlier this evening.
I figured I could probably come up with some way to alter it so it would open and close.
I once again emptied the vase of it's one hinge,and two screws.
While attaching them to the glass door, I heard a voice saying, "over here Bobby".
The voice was that of my deceased partner (I have heard it many times since he passed, so I am use to it.)
It was from the direction of my bed.
I turned to face the bed, my vision even with the mattress, and there they were, the missing hinge, and two screws, lying on the comforter on the bed.
I sleep in that bed every night, and in fact I replaced the sheets this morning.
Those two screws and one hinge were most definitely not anywhere to be found.
Excited about my find, and the fact I heard his voice plainly as I have at other times since he passed,
I repaired the cabinet , door and all, and when finished, I placed his picture on it.
It was strange, and somehow he had found them.
I don't think he were responsible for their disappearance, but for sure had something to do with their recovery.
Bob.

Old 08-21-2012, 12:25 PM

12,172 posts, read 16,262,537 times
Wow Bob, that just gave me chills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal