U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 04:07 PM

4,486 posts, read 4,729,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I have a fascinating thing that happened a few hours ago.
I have this black cabinet with a smoked glass door on it.
It was taking up space on my deck, so about two months ago, I took the glass door off (held on by two hinges and two screws for each hinge), and without the door, I could use the cabinet to house my safe which I always kept in the bedroom closet.
I removed the door, and rather than unbolt the safe from the floor in the closet, I let the project set for near two months.
I put the hinges and screws in an empty vase that sits on the shelf on a small bookcase.
There they stayed until last week.
I decided I would use the cabinet for something other than to house the safe, so I would re-attach the glass door.
I was getting ready to assemble the door to that cabinet, and when I tipped the vase upside down to get the screws and hinges, there was only one hinge, and two screws.
I know I had put both hinges, and four screws in that vase.
There would be no reason to separate them.
I live alone, so no one has access to that vase but me, but somehow two screws and on hinge were gone.
There was nothing else in the vase except the two hinges and four screws when I originally put them in there.
I searched all over the house for this hinge and screws.
They are special to the cabinet, because they mount onto the glass.
Any way, unable to find them, once again I put the project on hold until earlier this evening.
I figured I could probably come up with some way to alter it so it would open and close.
I once again emptied the vase of it's one hinge,and two screws.
While attaching them to the glass door, I heard a voice saying, "over here Bobby".
The voice was that of my deceased partner (I have heard it many times since he passed, so I am use to it.)
It was from the direction of my bed.
I turned to face the bed, my vision even with the mattress, and there they were, the missing hinge, and two screws, lying on the comforter on the bed.
I sleep in that bed every night, and in fact I replaced the sheets this morning.
Those two screws and one hinge were most definitely not anywhere to be found.
Excited about my find, and the fact I heard his voice plainly as I have at other times since he passed,
I repaired the cabinet , door and all, and when finished, I placed his picture on it.
It was strange, and somehow he had found them.
I don't think he were responsible for their disappearance, but for sure had something to do with their recovery.
Bob.
Cool, wicked weird but cool nonetheless.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2012, 07:04 PM

6,953 posts, read 8,657,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Wow Bob, that just gave me chills.

Actually, had this happened soon after he passed it would also have given me the chills.
Since his passing, I have had many years to "get use" to him being close by.
I have this ability to understand the nature of his spirit.
I am fortunate in that I can, and do speak with him on a nightly basis.
Each and every night as I lay in bed before going to sleep, that is "our time".
I am not talking about me being in a semi conscious state, I am wide awake at the time.
Matter of fact, I am sitting up in the bed.
I don't always feel his presence in the room, but I know for sure he is there with me.
I speak, and in return hear his voice as though he were whispering in my ear.
This has gone on since shortly after his passing.
I never close my eyes at night without first contacting him.
He has given me advice when I had a decision to make, and has scolded me for things I should have done differently.
He has told me things regarding the outcome of medical concerns, and in that matter, has been right on the money.
I recently had a medical emergency, and after returning home from the hospital, he informed me as to what had caused the medical problem.
I spoke with my doctor the following morning, told him what I now thought the problem was caused by, and he felt it was worth looking into.
I did not mention the source of my contentions.
Turns out, my departed partner was absolutely correct.
Today,because the doctor agreed that I may be correct, prescribed the correct medication, and now, I am as healthy as though it never happened in the first place.
Spiritual behavior is something I have grown accustomed too.
I welcome the opportunity each and every time it happens, be it expected or not.
When I saw those screws and the hinge lying on the bed, I was a bit surprised,but, the biggest feeling was, my partner was there in the room with me, and once again had shown me he is watching over me.
There are no words that could possibly explain that feeling.
Bob.

Last edited by CALGUY; 08-21-2012 at 07:14 PM..

Old 08-25-2012, 05:51 PM

16,224 posts, read 23,613,483 times
I was at a new patients house, leaning over the bed talking to her, and I get this weird feeling behind me, and it felt as if someone was standing over my shoulder. Noone there.

Old 08-27-2012, 08:29 PM

9,366 posts, read 23,571,819 times
Around 4th of July, my son was staying with friends a town away and I got up and took my dogs on their morning walk. When I got home, I fed the dogs outside and sat down for a cup of coffee. I heard the door leading to the garage creak. I keep the cat litter box in the garage and leave the door closed, but not all the way, so the cat can push it open to go in. Once the cat goes in, it is ajar about four or five inches. I got up and let the dogs in and went to take a shower. When I walked by the door to the garage, I noticed that it was not ajar- it was still pulled closed.

When I got out of the shower, a pillow case was on the floor at the foot of my bed- spread out smooth like a mat. My dogs have never removed a pillow case and this was on a long pillow- a struggle to put the case on and take off. The pillow was still at the head of my bed. I put my robe on and searched the house- found no one or anything suspicious. I finished getting ready for work and went into the living room to turn the A/C up and one of my dogs was sitting on the couch. The living room is blocked off from the dogs with lattice and the dogs have never jumped it- before or after this incident.

The outer doors to my house all lock from within- there is no way anyone could have been in the house and left without leaving the door unlocked.....

Weird thing reading about the stone going through the air- the next week or so I found a clear glass bead- the kind used in games or arrangements- on the floor in my family room. We have no arrangements and the only game I have with glass stones doesn't have any clear stones.

Old 08-28-2012, 12:17 AM

20,832 posts, read 26,145,165 times
Last night my husband and I were getting ready to go to sleep. We had been lying in bed for about fifteen minutes where the door know jiggled around and the door shook in and out but didn't open.

At first we though that out cat wanted to come to bed. My husband got up and she wasn't there. He walked down the hall and she was sleeping with our daughter.

We went back to sleep and the same thing happened again.

Old 08-28-2012, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Bloom View Post
Around 4th of July, my son was staying with friends a town away and I got up and took my dogs on their morning walk. When I got home, I fed the dogs outside and sat down for a cup of coffee. I heard the door leading to the garage creak. I keep the cat litter box in the garage and leave the door closed, but not all the way, so the cat can push it open to go in. Once the cat goes in, it is ajar about four or five inches. I got up and let the dogs in and went to take a shower. When I walked by the door to the garage, I noticed that it was not ajar- it was still pulled closed.

When I got out of the shower, a pillow case was on the floor at the foot of my bed- spread out smooth like a mat. My dogs have never removed a pillow case and this was on a long pillow- a struggle to put the case on and take off. The pillow was still at the head of my bed. I put my robe on and searched the house- found no one or anything suspicious. I finished getting ready for work and went into the living room to turn the A/C up and one of my dogs was sitting on the couch. The living room is blocked off from the dogs with lattice and the dogs have never jumped it- before or after this incident.

The outer doors to my house all lock from within- there is no way anyone could have been in the house and left without leaving the door unlocked.....

Weird thing reading about the stone going through the air- the next week or so I found a clear glass bead- the kind used in games or arrangements- on the floor in my family room. We have no arrangements and the only game I have with glass stones doesn't have any clear stones.

This is all strange! I have no thoughts, but that it's very odd.

Old 08-28-2012, 03:36 PM

23,572 posts, read 24,710,201 times
Just now. I can't find my glasses, they were here a minute ago!

Old 08-28-2012, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Just now. I can't find my glasses, they were here a minute ago!
LOL!!!!

Old 08-28-2012, 06:14 PM

23 posts, read 22,328 times
I have to say the most strangest uknown thing that's happened to me was quite a few years ago, in my old flat when i was 18.
One evening i was lay in bed watching tv, I heard someone moving about in the hall. I got up thinking it may be the neighbours cat, who had a tendency to sneak in my flat, then hide out under my bed or sofa... So i thought he must of crept in un known and was trying to get out.
But after checking i realised it was not him.

As i was walking back to my room, a long hallway, with the front door at the far end, i thought i heard tapping on the door, So i crept feeling really on edge at this point to the spy hole to check if maybe it was kids messing or maybe my sister, as she would sometimes turn up late wanting to stay as her and her flatmate had fallen out.

But there was no one there. Then all of a sudden a huge, what i can only describe as a black and grey swirly blob ( i know not great discription) rose up from the floor, shot towards the door then up the stairs
I froze, could not move, But my body felt like it was on fire, From head to toe burning hot.
After what felt like a eternity i managed to turn and run back to bed, and put my light on.

Thankfully i only lived there a few weeks more after that. But that was very scary more as it was not something i had ever heard of with the burning sensation, well since then i have never seen nor felt anything like that. And the house after that was not all that great! Very strange what ever it was...Anyone else heard seen something like that?? as its always played on my mind just what i saw that night?

Old 08-28-2012, 06:17 PM

9,366 posts, read 23,571,819 times
About ten days later I was in my bathroom getting ready for work and I heard my bedroom door close and the dog was standing beside me, looking sheepish. In the morning she has a routine- she pushes my door open when I am brushing my teeth and jumps on my bed, rolling on her back and wagging her tail. But this morning she was looking funny and standing right beside me. I asked if she wanted to go out and walked to the door in my bathroom that goes outside, but she didn't budge. Normally, she loves to be let outside.

I was asking her what was wrong and then asked her if she pee peed in my room. She just looked up sheepishly. All I could think to explain it was she had an accident. So I went to the doorway and looked in the bedroom. Nothing on the carpet. But the bedroom door was totally closed and my cat was hunched up in a corner of my room.

I can't explain any of this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal